Roger's Cool Things!

Oswego

n00b
I love my Brute Force Fab rear bumper. Not sure about how the table compares to others but its plenty big for my use. I had mine delivered in raw steel and then I primed it and painted it myself.

My buddy Scott has their front and rear. I need to take a good look at them as well.

So I need to take a closer look at ATO, Pelfry, & Brute.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
My front is also Brute Force Fab.

Silverback

1529537523000.jpg

Mauzer

Pitter Patter. Lets Get at Er
I say we crowd fund and put up a few more. It was on I-40 which goes from Los Angeles through the pan handle:applaudit:

Silverback

Kinda cool!! You can stop watching at the 6 minute mark.

Silverback

And its for sale!

Oswego

n00b
I might need one of these... Just not for that price tag

2019 Monkey - Honda Powersports

They have another retro model + a nice duel sport that are coming out this season. All are severely overpriced IMHO. They had the whole bike scene going crazy three months ago when they were revealing teasers. All are pretty cool, but way too much $$ for bikes that still need to be serviced at intervals like Austrian bikes IMHO.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
For that kind of money you can find an original that is not as pretty and run it. I had a little Honda 50 growing up and ran the hell out of it for many years. Great little bike and finding another one would be cool but not for that kind of money.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
And remember, people spend $5k-$10k on boosting an engine. I would say that Honda will give you just as many smiles. :)

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Very true; but that Honda will not do anything for helping move my 4Runner when loaded down with gear.
But when it breaks, and some day it will, you be able to go run for parts. :)

Oswego

n00b
Very true; but that Honda will not do anything for helping move my 4Runner when loaded down with gear.

Don't fill her up. Less gear weight = ability to go more places. Easy for a single guy who's been camping out of a Subaru for the past 3 years to say lol

Downsizing my gear has really let me enjoy my time away a ton more. I never though of less being more, but to me it has been. Less time packing prior to the trips & less clean up after the trips = priceless. Pretty sure all my kitchen camping gear weights and takes up less space than one of the cast iron pans I used to take with me camping. The days of taking 20# propain tanks camping are long gone. Now it's low and slow over the coals and I enjoy it more.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
But when it breaks, and some day it will, you be able to go run for parts. :)

Another reason I try to do as much maintenance and system check work in the garage and not on the trail. After my 22Kill Ruck march last weekend I know I can still do a 10 mile walk like I used to.

Don't fill her up. Less gear weight = ability to go more places. Easy for a single guy who's been camping out of a Subaru for the past 3 years to say lol

Downsizing my gear has really let me enjoy my time away a ton more. I never though of less being more, but to me it has been. Less time packing prior to the trips & less clean up after the trips = priceless. Pretty sure all my kitchen camping gear weights and takes up less space than one of the cast iron pans I used to take with me camping. The days of taking 20# propain tanks camping are long gone. Now it's low and slow over the coals and I enjoy it more.

My Sammich Maker and I have done a pretty decent job of cutting down the unnecessary stuff but when there are two people there is some bulk no matter what. Plus there is a level of creature comfort I am not going to ask her to give up since she is crazy enough to do some of these trips with me. So I am working towards a happy middle ground between weight/ bulk/ and capability. Thankfully my 4Runner has never left me wanting anything in the capability department.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Another reason I try to do as much maintenance and system check work in the garage and not on the trail. After my 22Kill Ruck march last weekend I know I can still do a 10 mile walk like I used to.

My Sammich Maker and I have done a pretty decent job of cutting down the unnecessary stuff but when there are two people there is some bulk no matter what. Plus there is a level of creature comfort I am not going to ask her to give up since she is crazy enough to do some of these trips with me. So I am working towards a happy middle ground between weight/ bulk/ and capability. Thankfully my 4Runner has never left me wanting anything in the capability department.
This is a combo! One reason I like to do ultra-light backpacking trips - no sleeping bag, no tent, just some food, good company and water filtration. The problem is that most all of my friends have gotten WAY too soft to join me! lol :( :( :(