RTT - Roof Top Tent Stuff

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by TacoXpo, Oct 28, 2010.

1. TacoXpo

TacoXpo Freedom

Bring us food. :) ;)

tx_shooter likes this.
  2. TacoXpo

TacoXpo Freedom

It does take another 8 minutes but once it's up, it comes in handy. Stand up to reel in my johnson and change. I always make coffee before she gets up - makes things toasty. :) With the heater, it provides us a cabin every where we go. :)

3. Oswego

Oswego n00b

That's the only thing I miss with my hammock. Now I get changed in the outdoors and when it's sub-zero that sucks.

4. unevolved

unevolved Well-Known Member

tx_shooter likes this.
  5. tx_shooter

tx_shooter You ever try to roughie a bear? Staff Member

I need to check with them about a 3rd gen rack again.

6. unevolved

Has anyone found a good source for replacement cover straps? My tent could use some new ones. Possibly a new cover too, but not convinced I want to spend that money yet.

7. Silverback

Silverback I'm not always a dick. Just kidding, fuck off.

Ask @TacoXpo I "think" he replaced his.

8. tx_shooter

I think when the time comes I am going to upgrade to ratchet straps. Think it was @TacoXpo that posted a pic or link about it.

TacoXpo likes this.
  9. Silverback

IIRC he just upgraded to the stainless buckles that the Summit series comes with. I don't think it was ratchet style. I could very well be wrong though.

TacoXpo likes this.
  10. unevolved

Cool, interested to hear what he went with. Ratchet straps seem a little overkill.

11. tx_shooter

I still want to see how @TacoXpo stores his annex when traveling. I keep thinking it would be pretty slick to store annex attached to the tent when camping. It would make setup a little more detailed but so much faster than attaching and detaching the annex each day.

TacoXpo likes this.
  12. Silverback

He may not respond for a few weeks as he normally goes to his "special place" this time of year. Death Valley. Serious... it always looks like an awesome time.

tx_shooter likes this.
  13. tx_shooter

We should all be so lucky to get to spend time in a special place like that. Also BBRSP trip is a week away. :)

TacoXpo likes this.
  14. TacoXpo

TacoXpo Freedom

... and i am hoping to give some of you a tour.

No ratchet straps but more like the spring loaded tie downs. Love them. I didn't replace the straps, just the buckles. I will try to get you a picture.

Anathollo and tx_shooter like this.
  15. Anathollo

Anathollo Armorall is my choice of lube Staff Member

I have a CVT tent and I emailed CVT asking for replacement straps because mine wore out prematurely. They not only sent me the straps, they also sent me a whole new cover! I wasn't even the original owner of the tent too, so that's some customer service right there!

Unfortunantly the new straps look to be wearing out just like the original set did. The Velcro separates from strap so I'm thinking I'll go @TacoXpo route or I'll have my mom resew them stronger (she's a damn good seamstress).

TacoXpo and tx_shooter like this.
  16. TacoXpo

TacoXpo Freedom

tx_shooter likes this.
  17. Silverback

My summit series has some serious straps on it. 4 straps with big metal buckles on it.

tx_shooter and TacoXpo like this.
  18. TacoXpo

TacoXpo Freedom

I think I've seen strapons like the one you are describing. ;)

19. TacoXpo

TacoXpo Freedom

A lot of alternatives for buckles. The thing I was looking for was something that I could use when it's 20's out/rain/hail/snow and I'm trying to open it up or close it!

Metal Hardware

20. tx_shooter

I really like the buckles and straps on the tent Silverback has.

TacoXpo likes this.