Search for Towelie - Colorado Trip - Labor Day Week 2018

italynstylion

Well you can't say all that and not post a pic of him!
Truck dog in training...

Qhnxa1V.jpg

DDka7su.jpg

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Pretty pup!

CowboyTaco

So time constraints are going to likely limit my exposure to the trails. The way it looks right now, I'm only going to get to do one trail from Lake City to Silverton or Ouray on our way further north.

From those who have done them: If you had to choose one pass to take from Lake City toward Ouray (with wife and 2 under 2 kids) in a factory height 4Runner, which one would you do?

Anathollo

Staff member
So time constraints are going to likely limit my exposure to the trails. The way it looks right now, I'm only going to get to do one trail from Lake City to Silverton or Ouray on our way further north.

From those who have done them: If you had to choose one pass to take from Lake City toward Ouray (with wife and 2 under 2 kids) in a factory height 4Runner, which one would you do?
Engineer Pass. It's really easy, really scenic views and it's a really long trail so you get to do a lot of wheeling :)

CowboyTaco

@Zach you're a brave man putting your number on the internet like that.

So I think I've modified the trip so that I can do more than just engineer. I think we're going to spend a little more time in Lake City on Saturday and skip Ouray that day. Then I'll go back over to Ouray later in the week and do at least 2 trails.

Anathollo

Staff member
Hey I’m heading to Colorado in the morning when are you leaving ? Text me Zach

So I think I've modified the trip so that I can do more than just engineer. I think we're going to spend a little more time in Lake City on Saturday and skip Ouray that day. Then I'll go back over to Ouray later in the week and do at least 2 trails.
I edited his number out for privacy reasons. @Zach please feel free to PM @CowboyTaco your number anytime.

achirdo

2WD FTW

Family will enjoy doing Imogene into Telluride. While you are there take the free gondola ride into mountain village. They will enjoy that

Anathollo

Staff member

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Still looks a thousand times better than not leaving Texas at least once this year. The pics look like a good time.