Setting up Gears by ZUK

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by SamSter0077, May 23, 2011.

1. Silverback

Silverback I'm not always a dick. Just kidding, fuck off.

What gear ratio did you put in it?

2. Texoma

Texoma IG: cwehlin

4.56 with a Detroit tru trac in the rear, would have liked one up front as well, but they don't have one.

3. Mauzer

Mauzer Pitter Patter. Lets Get at Er

I still have a 1st gen Taco axle in my garage (housing only) for if I ever need to make the swap. I've been happy with my rear elocker, hasn't failed me on a single grocery trip yet! :chuck:

SamSter0077 and tx_shooter like this.
  4. Silverback

Silverback I'm not always a dick. Just kidding, fuck off.

I had 4.88's and a TrueTrac in my 85 4Runner. I was impressed with the TrueTrac, it "acted" like a locker 95% of the time off-road.

5. tx_shooter

tx_shooter Looking for my missing spare time Staff Member

Mine has worked great for the Ozark and BBRSP trip. My biggest issue is I need to wire up a locked/unlocked indicator for it.

Mauzer likes this.
  6. Texoma

Texoma IG: cwehlin

I've got a steep driveway and it was damp last night for the test run, trutrac kicked in and surprised the shit outa me. I would've gotten am ARB locker, but since I'm on road 99.9% of the time and I have a winch it just made more sense.

7. SamSter0077

SamSter0077 Frack me..

Doubtful I will get new tires before that day.

08 328i stick.. last of the naturally aspirated straight 6s. 6k... too good to pass up.

Anathollo and TacoXpo like this.
  8. TacoXpo

TacoXpo Freedom

That was my thought last year when I picked up a 10 Msport 528. I don't need boost problems on a Bimmer.

9. SamSter0077

SamSter0077 Frack me..

Msport awesomeness. The naturally aspirated straight six is a great engine.. sure it Leaks oil, And needs a lot of love.. but nothing drives like them.

TacoXpo likes this.