SHTF COVID19

Oswego

n00b
6 weeks in the states and no one had a clue, but the tinfoil hat guys lol

If you haven't stocked up on groceries by now.....good luck. I stopped by my local grocer for a case of yogurt last night and it looked like something out of the movies the shelves were so bare. I use some small brand organic powdered milk no one really knows of that I buy direct and have shipped and for the first time ever they said they were out of stock until the end of March. I said - OK Ill get some name brand chem filled crap off Amazon..... Nope! Every brand was out of stock. I just buy a pound at a time because I don't drink enough fresh milk to buy it and keep it refrigerated (always spoiled when I need it). I just use the powder for cooking and cereal.

Seems the hording run from the unprepared has begun. Only a matter of time IMHO before those same unprepared people start panicking when they see empty shelves and then have to go home to empty cupboards

This morning I was telling one of my co-workers he should stock up (has 3 kids) and he looked up at me and asked "why"? I asked him if he was serious and he was. I shook my head and reminded him it's only a matter of time before we aren't here at work and he's stuck at home. I feel bad for his family, but whatever.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
6 weeks in the states and no one had a clue, but the tinfoil hat guys lol

If you haven't stocked up on groceries by now.....good luck. I stopped by my local grocer for a case of yogurt last night and it looked like something out of the movies the shelves were so bare. I use some small brand organic powdered milk no one really knows of that I buy direct and have shipped and for the first time ever they said they were out of stock until the end of March. I said - OK Ill get some name brand chem filled crap off Amazon..... Nope! Every brand was out of stock. I just buy a pound at a time because I don't drink enough fresh milk to buy it and keep it refrigerated (always spoiled when I need it). I just use the powder for cooking and cereal.

Seems the hording run from the unprepared has begun. Only a matter of time IMHO before those same unprepared people start panicking when they see empty shelves and then have to go home to empty cupboards

This morning I was telling one of my co-workers he should stock up (has 3 kids) and he looked up at me and asked "why"? I asked him if he was serious and he was. I shook my head and reminded him it's only a matter of time before we aren't here at work and he's stuck at home. I feel bad for his family, but whatever.
shoot dang

Oswego

n00b
Live senate committee hearing... it's a shit show

"we were caught flat footed" etc. etc.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Love watching things at 3x plus...
screen-shot-2020-03-04-at-1-57-35-pm-png.21260

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 1.57.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 1.57.35 PM.png
    182.5 KB · Views: 89

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Live senate committee hearing... it's a shit show

"we were caught flat footed" etc. etc.

What's most disturbing is that they seem to only show up for their mic time. Then some make a dig and then leave. The way I read it is one side wants to quell anxiety and fears and the other wants to escalate it.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Oswego

n00b
What's most disturbing is that they seem to only show up for their mic time. Then some make a dig and then leave. The way I read it is one side wants to quell anxiety and fears and the other wants to escalate it.

What I found most disturbing is these people spoke for an hr of what needs to be done, blasted the people in charge of doing those things, and followud it up about how they are all traveling 5-10x a week on airplanes and this is important because they could get it.

Then at the end they ALL completely forgot about what they were just talking about. "stop shaking hands" ~ they all shake each others hands. "Stop hugs and not stop unneeded contact with others" ~ hug each other at the end. Complete and utter morons. The head of the freaking CDC is shaking hands and putting his arms on people...... I was not reassured with these clowns leading the front. All talk and no actual implementation of what they just spoke about. Now these jack holes will get on airplanes and start spreading it around to the rest of the gubment. I'm no fan of big brother, but we do need some of them to stop complete anarchy and panic

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
What I found most disturbing is these people spoke for an hr of what needs to be done, blasted the people in charge of doing those things, and followud it up about how they are all traveling 5-10x a week on airplanes and this is important because they could get it.

Then at the end they ALL completely forgot about what they were just talking about. "stop shaking hands" ~ they all shake each others hands. "Stop hugs and not stop unneeded contact with others" ~ hug each other at the end. Complete and utter morons. The head of the freaking CDC is shaking hands and putting his arms on people...... I was not reassured with these clowns leading the front. All talk and no actual implementation of what they just spoke about. Now these jack holes will get on airplanes and start spreading it around to the rest of the gubment. I'm no fan of big brother, but we do need some of them to stop complete anarchy and panic
No doubt. I'm going to a large event and I am part of the planning crew - we are trying to figure out protocol.

Oswego

n00b
No doubt. I'm going to a large event and I am part of the planning crew - we are trying to figure out protocol.

That's easy if safety is #1.............. you cancel it.

If safety is not #1 then that's a call I would want no part of. I would get my comments on the record then quit if they decided to push forward. Here's why in all seriousness and transparency - if people died due to my actions or lack there of - I'd probably not be able to handle it and prob take a short walk off a tall cliff. Same reasons I flip out when my boss tells me to use unsafe practices at work. I could never be a good general, because putting others in harms way would eat me alive from the inside out

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
That's easy if safety is #1.............. you cancel it.

If safety is not #1 then that's a call I would want no part of. I would get my comments on the record then quit if they decided to push forward. Here's why in all seriousness and transparency - if people died due to my actions or lack there of - I'd probably not be able to handle it and prob take a short walk off a tall cliff. Same reasons I flip out when my boss tells me to use unsafe practices at work. I could never be a good general, because putting others in harms way would eat me alive from the inside out
You're watching way too much 'news.' :)

Silverback

My work is having a mandatory "work from home" day next Tuesday to test our Citrix system and ensure everyone can do stuff remotely. They have also implemented a mandatory self quarantine for anyone who travels outside the country. One of our QA leads just got back from the PI and she came in on Monday and now has to WFH for the next 2 weeks. But we have enough tools in place to ensure its not too terrible. But it does impact productivity. Something to be said about walking over to a person and talking vs. IM or a phone call.

Silverback

Thanks CDC... great job... again.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
My work is having a mandatory "work from home" day next Tuesday to test our Citrix system and ensure everyone can do stuff remotely. They have also implemented a mandatory self quarantine for anyone who travels outside the country. One of our QA leads just got back from the PI and she came in on Monday and now has to WFH for the next 2 weeks. But we have enough tools in place to ensure its not too terrible. But it does impact productivity. Something to be said about walking over to a person and talking vs. IM or a phone call.

We have the same WFH rules now as well. I enjoy any chance I get to stay out of the local plant but it is not like I get to work with my peers when I am at the plant since we are dispersed across the US.