SHTF COVID19

AlienXtx

Nignog
lol

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
The states are broken out individually on this link.
https://ncov2019.live/data/usa

7FFE798A-6451-48D2-887D-75EE3300696A.jpeg
FB58FE61-BC05-4ECD-9E1E-D0878FDF6697.jpeg

Oswego

n00b
That "recovered" data is also crap and misleading so the public doesn't lose their shit. Should say "still alive".

One does not simply "recover" from pneumonia. In most cases your heart and lungs are damaged for life unless you are so young they can regenerate (like a preteen). Even a gold medal swimmer Ive been keeping eyes on still has lung capacity issues and he got over it a few weeks ago. If the best of the best in the world for lung capacity is fubar weeks later - the average fat ass out of shape US citizen had better head the warnings

Taco Loco

That "recovered" data is also crap and misleading so the public doesn't lose their shit. Should say "still alive".

One does not simply "recover" from pneumonia. In most cases your heart and lungs are damaged for life unless you are so young they can regenerate (like a preteen). Even a gold medal swimmer Ive been keeping eyes on still has lung capacity issues and he got over it a few weeks ago. If the best of the best in the world for lung capacity is fubar weeks later - the average fat ass out of shape US citizen had better head the warnings

yeah, that’s just an indication that the person no longer has COVID19, know doubt the folks recovering have other underlying issues still.

Over 1k deaths in U.S. is happening now, NY hospitals are maxed, NY morgues are full.

Large cities in the South, are only a few weeks behind in what’s happening in NY or Washington, that’s why it’s so important for everyone to stay home.

Taco Loco

Most important, many on here, including myself in the beginning of this outbreak, tried to compare the seasonal flu vs. COVID19, as this virus outbreak continues, learning how much more deadly this virus is compared to the flu should be eye opener.

FACTS: COVID-19 causes more severe disease than seasonal influenza.

While many people globally have built up immunity to seasonal flu strains, COVID-19 is a new virus to which no one has immunity. That means more people are susceptible to infection, and some will suffer severe disease.

Globally, about 3.4% of reported COVID-19 cases have died. By comparison, seasonal flu generally kills far fewer than 1% of those infected.

Taco Loco

My good deed of the day.

I located/sourced some bulk materials to make thousands of filtered masks this morning, I got in contact with someone I know and they have a nonprofit organization who making the purchase and the materials will be donated to a group of lady’s making masks for 1st responders.

I cannot disclose the materials because they are in the process of ordering them and it will ship early next week. post to be updated at a later time.

Taco Loco

I have told these guys multiple times, during this outbreak not to work from home, it’s not an option.

What am I supposed to do?!?

I think I finally got the message through, they no longer have hearing issues.
E2290452-8C24-4BA8-9ED7-0DB211B7660D.jpeg

Oswego

n00b
My good deed of the day.

I located/sourced some bulk materials to make thousands of filtered masks this morning, I got in contact with someone I know and they have a nonprofit organization who making the purchase and the materials will be donated to a group of lady’s making masks for 1st responders.

I cannot disclose the materials because they are in the process of ordering them and it will ship early next week. post to be updated at a later time.

Good luck man. Took me a while just to find my mom some bias tape for her small operation. Elastic was sold out a while ago around here so she switched to that.

Taco Loco

Good luck man. Took me a while just to find my mom some bias tape for her small operation. Elastic was sold out a while ago around here so she switched to that.

I think that sewing group bought a ton of fitted sheets and taking the elastic off the edges of the sheets, the ones I saw looked like they had elastic all the around the entire edge of the sheets.

Taco Loco

20 percent of coronavirus cases in Ohio are healthcare workers, not good.

Many Hospitals in the NE no longer have enough masks and PPE for their healthcare staff.

Taco Loco

soon as I hear back from Will on the materials I will IM ya, so she can make mask with better filter protection.

Taco Loco

@Oswego IM sent

My good deed of the day.

My aunt that lives VA, she is making mask now too, the hospitals in Southern Virginia has requested help from the community.

Centers for Disease Control and Protection (CDC) will recommend that all Americans should wear face coverings when they go to the grocery store, pharmacy and other public places.

4 billion people worldwide are under some form of stay at home order.

Last edited:

Taco Loco

I just placed a curbside pick up order for a grocery store 90 miles from me, end of next week 8am pickup for fresh fruit and vegetables and few other items. The delivery times are currently 3 weeks out, and curbside at other stores around SA are almost 2-3 weeks out.
It’s only going to worse as the virus gets closer to peaking in Texas.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
We use a service called Shipt.. wife has been using it for maybe 8-9 months or so. It's easier as she doesn't have a lot of time to get out and hit the store... and if I go...well fuck.. we better bring the SD because I'm filling it up. :) But seriously, she put in an order yesterday.. delivered today. The woman who does her shopping is pretty much the same person every time. She will text her during shopping and show options of what is available (did this before SHTF). Its like $8 a month for the service and I'm sure there is a delivery fee. But IMO, its worth it.

Taco Loco

We use a service called Shipt.. wife has been using it for maybe 8-9 months or so. It's easier as she doesn't have a lot of time to get out and hit the store... and if I go...well fuck.. we better bring the SD because I'm filling it up. :) But seriously, she put in an order yesterday.. delivered today. The woman who does her shopping is pretty much the same person every time. She will text her during shopping and show options of what is available (did this before SHTF). Its like $8 a month for the service and I'm sure there is a delivery fee. But IMO, its worth it.
Problem is I download all those apps and no one delivers to us except H-E-B and it’s 3 weeks out, every slot is full. It’s ok, gas is stupid cheap and the trucks need to exercise.

Last edited:

Silverback

Can they deliver to a friend who may live closer?

Taco Loco

Can they deliver to a friend who may live closer?

I don’t like people right now, a friend was going to stop by Wed, told him we’re virus free and staying away from everyone.

Probably, but All the delivery times are full in this area for all of them...H-E-B, Wally, Peapod Instacart, Shipt etc.

Silverback

Alright man... I get it.

Taco Loco

Alright man... I get it.

To be honest I’m not sure if Shipt delivers or not, every time I have opened the app shows no delivery times, I even woke at 12:30 and 3:30am, nothing. We got food and a lot of food, just not the fresh fruits and Veggies.

F768CF12-5B10-4367-BC59-501C6AF730C5.jpeg