Silverbacks trailer to haul his booshi shit.. not my word.. its TacoXpo's.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
lol I go camping once a year where we go all out. We set up a projector and house speaker system to watch Saving private Ryan the night before we reenact the D-Day invasion of Normandy with paintball guns. Always seems to draw a crowd in the middle of the corn field.
I go camping at least 2x per year where I convince the Air Force and Navy to bring their best planes to buzz me in the wide-open desert. :)

Mr. 'Back you need to come back when we can wheel. :)

My best memory was a few years ago when they locked in on me and flared on me - and the guy that was chasing my dust got all the wash of a full afterburner - he thought his truck was self-destructing - he didn't see it coming. I like the lead dog spot. :)

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Two more for good luck...

And for one of the best uses of JP-8

^^^ if this one doesn't put sap in your pants, you may not be human. :)

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

I got an incentive ride in an F15D back in the early 90's over the Stony Range (something like that) in Alaska. They also had a Star Wars canyon up there. Man what a rush! 90 minute roller coaster ride.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
I got an incentive ride in an F15D back in the early 90's over the Stony Range (something like that) in Alaska. They also had a Star Wars canyon up there. Man what a rush! 90 minute roller coaster ride.
I would give my left nut for that. Actually, I may give both at my age! lol

Silverback

I've had two rides, second one was in Florida over the pan handle. Good times.

One of the things I like about this trailer, and its a little thing, is the packaging of the hardware. Every back is labeled so its easy to find the correct nuts and bolts.

Example
IMG_8350.JPG

balakay

BabyMax
Limit straps? Trailers gonna have more travel than the Tacoma. Time to go LT!

texasislandboy

donde esta la NGAGE IT
Cool.. I might hit you up on that wire.

Got the tongue installed tonight. Wasn't very difficult but I am sort of at a stand still. I need to get the hubs for the correct bolt pattern next . Figure its easier with them on the bench vs. the trailer.
DA3ED073-C345-49E0-8B9A-B3F7655E729F.jpg
IS it just me of does it look like a low profile smoker?

Silverback

It's so the coil springs don't fall out. But it should have some decent travel.

SecretSquirrel

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Staff member
x2 - won AoY in 97 - Got 3 rides: F15 in the Italian Alps, British Tornado in the Italian Alps, and Fat Albert at the air show... All awesome, but the Limey was the nuttiest - looking up at mountain goats was interesting

Silverback

x2 - won AoY in 97 - Got 3 rides: F15 in the Italian Alps, British Tornado in the Italian Alps, and Fat Albert at the air show... All awesome, but the Limey was the nuttiest - looking up at mountain goats was interesting

Yeah I got AoY in 90. Another cool ride I got was in a 141 of all things at Red Flag. We flew at 200' above the ground and did 45 degree banks. I got to sit in the front looking out the right side window next to the co-pilot calling out bandits and bogies at the 1-3 oclock positions. Very cool ride. I remember watching F111's sucking up telephone poles it appeared and the Buff's dropping a shit-load of dummy 500lbsers. Got over the drop zone and I went to the back and clipped in as we dumped out a couple pallets full of 55 gallon drums. Pretty cool. Did a TDY to OKC (Tinker AFB) where the AWACS are. They offered us rides... rides lasted 12-14 hours. No thanks!

So I was tinkering (see what I did there?) with the trailer and I decided to add some horsepower to it. This is on the kitchen slideout.

IMG_8358.JPG

SecretSquirrel

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Staff member
Did a ride in the Nato AWACS... 10hrs... I made out :)

To think that I was assigned to the comm center at Tinker & swapped into a Command and Control sqdn in Arizona... poor bastid I swapped with fucked up :)

Silverback

Got very little done on the trailer this weekend. Not much was done, but I did get a fender in place, the suspension cut free and a limiting strap/coil installed. Also started on the brake-away controller. Spent maybe 90 minutes out there. Plan to stop by a few places and look for a marine battery today, group 31.

IMG_8438.JPG
IMG_8440.JPG
IMG_8441.JPG

Silverback

I'll have to check. The bottom side does have a "frame" of sorts built into it. Appears to be .120 wall but I am not 100% sure. There isn't any open areas to really check it. Its very stout though.

Note the frame subsection. The tongue bolts to the left side of it.
frame.JPG

Silverback

So far I have only had one bolt hole off. I installed the driver side fender (had my little one inside the trailer with a flashlight and allen wrench) and their is a brace that goes inside. Well not sure if we put it backwards (to be honest it looks the same no matter with direction it faces), but maybe it would have fit better if we flipped it. But it was only off by about 1/8" or so. I drilled it out and then used underbody rubberizing spray to seal everything thing up. I'll put silicone around the inner bolts when its all done.

Noco 10 amp shore power charger arrived yesterday as well. Time for some interior lights and start to get this thing wired up.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
I wonder if Sears is still selling the Platinum Diehard Marine series.