Silverbacks trailer to haul his booshi shit.. not my word.. its TacoXpo's.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Cool.. I did not see it on their site previously.

Silverback

Well damn.. the large ones are not available.

Silverback

2 night shake down run went well... although the awning is an issue. I can't open it with the tent spring bows holding the windows open... not just on the side but also on the rear window. Weather was perfect.. low 60's during the day and sunny, 38-40 at night. Slept like a log. New pup was awesome... he even put a cow back in the pasture when one got out. LOL... serious, he did. Little one found a tiny snake.. she wanted to keep it but I made her let it go.

IMG_6536.jpg

IMG_6562.jpg

IMG_6564.jpg

IMG_6511.jpg

IMG_6515.jpg

IMG_6524.jpg

IMG_6549.jpg

IMG_6552.jpg

Oswego

n00b
funny - 2,000 miles apart and my scenery looks similar with exception to pic #1. You guys even have real tires in your streams like we do lol

Silverback

funny - 2,000 miles apart and my scenery looks similar with exception to pic #1. You guys even have real tires in your streams like we do lol

That's at the farm... it flooded pretty bad down there not too long ago and brought in that gem.

CowboyTaco

Kenna officially is more manly than I.

I know snakes play a vital role in our ecosystem, but it still would have likely been introduced to my shovel.

Silverback

LOL!! We had a blast. On Saturday night we had pretty good party going on. He uncle brought a genny down there and there is a strand of old work lights hanging across this "picnic area".. so we had some light. I had dug a fire pit and found an old hunk of round steel to use as the base. Then we broke out a chainsaw and cut up an old downed Pecan tree (cut a shit load of wood) so we had plenty to burn. Ended up with about 17 people down there... lots of beer was drank. :borra2: Sunday night was just the 3 (well 4 counting the dog) of us.

IMG_6527.jpg

IMG_6567.jpg

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Awesome! Those little side work lights put out some lumens!

Silverback

Yeah I am very happy with them. Will be buying a couple more sets for the front and rear.

bakerla

Man, Myth, Legend
I scoped out how an awning would work on my trailer with the tent and at first glance it won't work. Once I get the new RTT I'll see what can happen.

And my daughter is like your daughter, she'll pick up any snake.

Silverback

I think I have three choices. 1: Get rid of the 270 degree awning. :( 2: Raise the tent up higher (then it won't fit in garage) and lower down the awning. (not good for tall people). 3: Push awning out further from trailer by 6 inches or more. (Again not a good option IMO).

My initial thoughts are that I can build something that will work. Just need to open it up in the garage and see what I can come up with. But it can be done, people do it all the time.

Silverback

WERD!

Silverback

Oh I did make one big fuckup this weekend. I neglected to raise the jockey wheel with the wheel on it and pulled the truck forward about 4 foot. Yeah it buried it the soft soil and bent it pretty good. It still moves up and down but at height its scary looking. SO. maybe a blessing in disguise as it was sketchy to begin with. So a new jockey wheel jack in on the extremely short list. Upside is that it still works fine. I backed the trailer into the garage and rolled it into its storage place without incident. But it was a stupid mistake that could have been avoided. No drinking involved. Just got complacent. Derp!! o_O

Silverback

Well the jack from SB is $114. Its not the best. Or I can spend a lot more and get a bombproof jack from XO. XO750 Black Edition Trailer Jack

Downside is that it doesn't really raise up the trailer high enough to connect the Max Coupler. Not a show stopper as I have a second flat footed jack on the right side.. so get it close enough, use the right side jack with a couple 4x4 blocks and get it connected. Upside is that its tough as shit. Now, do I want to spend $300 on a jack... Fuck!

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Biggest issue is it still requires a second jack to be fully useful. But it would have been real damn helpful in the Ozarks trying to turn the rig around. It really is not "that much more" than the basic jack.

Silverback

True.. still would require some blocks to get back connected.. and disconnected. But its a solid piece. With the backup camera I can get very close with the truck. Upside is it is more than a basic jack in that I can roll it around on the ground/garage and not worry that its going to fold up like Kevin Spaceys career. But it is $$$. Do I spend the smaller amount on another shitty jack or just pony up and get the better one.

Silverback

And since I already have the second jack, that is no money spent... well no more anyhow.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
True.. still would require some blocks to get back connected.. and disconnected. But its a solid piece. With the backup camera I can get very close with the truck. Upside is it is more than a basic jack in that I can roll it around on the ground/garage and not worry that its going to fold up like Kevin Spaceys career. But it is $$$. Do I spend the smaller amount on another shitty jack or just pony up and get the better one.

Buy once, cry once.

If the CFO asks; just blame it on drinking and Amazoning.