Silverbacks trailer to haul his booshi shit.. not my word.. its TacoXpo's.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Battery arrived today... fuck its heavy! I have a battery box for it but I need to build a tie-down for it. Might be tonight's project.

SPECIFICATIONS
Pulse (5-second) Hot Cranking Amps (PHCA) 2150
Cold Cranking Amps (CCA) 1150
20Hr Nominal Capacity (Ah) 100
Reserve Capacity Minutes 205
Dimensions L x W x H (in) 13.00 X 6.80 X 9.41
Weight (lbs) 77.8

0939DA33-D145-4E0F-8F69-FE127AB283D7.JPG

Silverback

Need to swing by Homedepot or Lowes tomorrow and pick up some all thread to complete this battery hold down. Used some 1.5" angle iron for a frame. All thread will go down below and be bolted threw the tongue box. Will use a piece of 1/8" plate below it for a "washer". I welded it up without a hood.. just went by feel. lol

F244E473-46B4-434A-979B-9D89C797E8D5.jpg

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
@Silverback If this one goes out on you, you should consider looking at 6V golf batteries. My buddy's dad has a 40' horse trailer with two 6V golf batteries and they are the only ones that last. He went through a couple of sets of 12V batteries until finally getting frustrated enough to get the golf batteries.

Silverback

So I got the little one helping me install the passenger side fender. She fits in there better than I do. Plus she thinks its cool. win/win :)
D28211C9-39E9-4F72-8821-4E693544D1ED.jpg

Also got the battery mounted. She is solid! Need to wire it up this weekend.

43511891-6FC5-46B3-8975-20C07723B4B3.jpg

2BF37FE3-5E1D-46D0-885E-8207578EADFB.jpg

Silverback

The Max-Coupler arrived today. Thing is beefy!! However there is a slight issue with the receiver tube, seems they used standard tubing and not a receiver tubing. So there is a seam down the top of it... this has to go. I need to break out the die grinder and carbide burr. You can see the slight scratch on the top were I attempted to slide it in.

7B076826-B56D-4116-8A12-66C7EB207A61.JPG
3684C2C1-39BA-4B80-B256-57E4822AC1C7.JPG

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
@Silverback If this one goes out on you, you should consider looking at 6V golf batteries. My buddy's dad has a 40' horse trailer with two 6V golf batteries and they are the only ones that last. He went through a couple of sets of 12V batteries until finally getting frustrated enough to get the golf batteries.
I have heard they are the best for storage. Costco has them.

Silverback

This will have a battery tender on it when it's not in use. So I think I will be fine.

Silverback

Got the battery tender mounted today. Now to wire it up. Baby steps. Started to use a carbide burr on the inside of the tongue but my burr wasn't long enough <insert dick joke here>. Ordered up a couple longer ones and will tackle that next week.

Silverback

The girls don't quite get how we are gonna sleep in this thing. lol

IMG_8474.JPG

Silverback

Got the shore power plug installed. Die grinder got away from me and scratched the box a little.. at least that is out or the way. Scratches are to be expected. :)

DEC32B32-4634-4815-8EFA-23FF14C4A92D.jpg

E0107EC9-4795-42CC-9409-70AF86ABCDA1.jpg

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Something that came to me this weekend thinking about a trailer setup - what more work would it take to setup the trailer where you could plug it into a standard 110 plug at a camp ground? The majority of state parks have power available at the camp sites and it would be nice to take advantage of if you want to keep weight down in the trailer from time to time.

Silverback

Well the shore power is good for 10 amps. Depends on how big I go with the inverter if it would run an HVAC or not. Worse case I have an extension cord with multiple hookups.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Got the shore power plug installed. Die grinder got away from me and scratched the box a little.. at least that is out or the way. Scratches are to be expected. :)

DEC32B32-4634-4815-8EFA-23FF14C4A92D.jpg

E0107EC9-4795-42CC-9409-70AF86ABCDA1.jpg
Paint pen will make that scratch disappear. :)

Silverback

I figure over time I'll end up rattle canning this thing so I am not worried about it. It didn't leave bare metal which was my main concern.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’

balakay

BabyMax
How well does the max couple fit into the tongue? Seems like it would be a rattle trap with just the pin holding it in if it's not an exact fit.

Silverback

Unknown at this point. But its a solid unit and I have not heard of people complaining about noise. Its a snug fit as it is, even with the seam in the tube being removed.

Silverback

I have been thinking about this and decided to drill a 1/2 hole in the tongue and weld in a 1/2' nut. This will allow me to screw in a bolt to keep it tight. Who doesn't love a tight hole?