Snorkel Group Buy: 1st Gen, 2nd Gen 4.0 V6, & T100

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by Oswego, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Oswego

Oswego n00b

Snorkel Group Buy: 1st Gen, 2nd Gen 4.0 V6, T100, & FJ

Update: If we hit (20) then Kurt at CC is willing to take another $20.00 off for a total of $50 savings & FJ's have also been added to the savings (see below) - thanks Kurt

Here is a link to the company as well as the snorkels http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/tec...o_snorkel.html

I have spoken the the vendor and they are willing to provide a discounted price based on volume.Thank you Cruiser Outfitters!!!!!

From here on out Ill edit the list and if you want your name on the GB list PM me with the make of your truck as well as the part number you would like (see below for part #).

If you PM me be sure you have the cash and won't back out. If you back out I will keep your screen name up and edit it with (backed out). Word to the unwise; you will piss people off if we had (10-20) people signed up and then when it's time to collect the money 50% of the people back out. This system should keep the dreamers and people backing out to a minimum. I'm not trying to be a d*ck I just know how GB's go and I am attempting to avoid the typical pitfalls.

Items included in GB pricing are as follows for $325 (or $305 if we get (20) snorkels)+ shipping (approximately $20 West Coast - $30 East Coast) + taxes (Utah only):

#SS135MOD - 2nd Gen Tacoma (includes exclusive template, special fit
    application)

#SS170HF - 1st Gen Tacoma

#SS170MOD - T100 (includes exclusive template, special fit application)

Just added 2/3/11: #SS410HF FJ Cruiser 06'-07' $355.00 for GB price ($335 if we get (20) snorkels)

See their link below for directions, installation, as well as many other cool items for our vehicles
    http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/safarisnorkel.html

GB List

1) Oswego SS135MOD (Local)
    2) Duckcmdr SS135MOD (Local)
    3) Mole SS135MOD (Local)
    4) theduck911 SS135MOD (Canada)
    5) mortuusangelus SS170HF (Local)
    6) kinetik873 SS135MOD
    7) ink junky SS135MOD
    8) HomerTaco SS135MOD (Local)
    9) JLink SS135MOD (Local)
    10) TacoXpo SS135MOD (TOR)
    11) SilverSeven SS135MOD (Local)
    12) jhodge83 SS135MOD
    13) George Wimpleman SS135MOD
    14)
    15)
    16)
    17)
    18)
    19)
    20)

List for possible GB in 2-3 weeks or longer:

1) Lrgrnr SS135MOD
    2) jandrews SS135MOD

If anyone is unwilling to wait to hit (20) please PM me and we can come up with something. I would like to see if we can get (7) more sales to get the additional $20 off. The addition of FJ's and the reduced cost for 1st gens should help us reach our goal much quicker then initially.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  2. Oswego

Oswego n00b

*KIT NOW INCLUDES A TEMPLATE SPECIFIC TO THE '05-'10 TEMPLATE - A CRUISER OUTFITTERS EXCLUSIVE

PARTS NOT INCLUDED IN THE SS135HFD KIT:
    3 foot section of 3 inch Exhaust Pipe (1)
    3x3 inch Heavy Duty Rubber Plumbing connector (1)
    3 inch hose clamps (2)
    4 inch hose clamp (1)
    Black Silicone Sealant (RTV)
    Silicone spray lubricant
    Primer
    Touch up paint
    NOTE: These parts are all available at your hardware store or auto shop.The exhaust tubing will require bends for proper installation. Keep in mind you can easily drive the truck (after mounting the snorkel) to an exhaust shop, they can easily bend the tube to fit your install.

Fitment To: Passenger Side Fender / A-Pillar
    Fitting Time: 6-8 Hours (Depending on Skill Level, Tools, etc.)
    Special Tools:

* 92mm hole saw
    * 3/8 Drill with assorted drill bits
    * Hack saw/air hack saw
    * Round file
    * Tube bender

Prior to commencing the installation, it is the Installer's responsibility to verify that all components and particularly the template placement (Item 14) are correct!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  3. Oswego

Oswego n00b

Damn n00bs

I'm giving the vendor your screen name in case they want to contact you and become a TOR vendor

4. Silverback

Silverback I'm not always a dick. Just kidding, fuck off.

Don't trust that template. We installed Jason's this past week and the template is not 100% accurate. Its close, but measure 3-4 times before cutting.

5. Silverback

Silverback I'm not always a dick. Just kidding, fuck off.

Also, there is a simpler solution than the bent exhaust tubing route. Vato-Zone sells a 3" diameter flex tubing setup for air intakes. If you want you can also get it in 4", but thats not required since the snorkel itself is only 3" or smaller.

6. Oswego

Oswego n00b

First time I heard that, but I have only spoken to 3 guys on TW that did the install. Good to know though. I always measure twice and cut once, and 50% of the time it's right.

7. Oswego

Oswego n00b

Yea, I'm using corrugated flex for mine as well. That's just their version of the install, and while it's more HD then flex I like having the ridges just in case something gets in there.

8. Oswego

Oswego n00b

Going to close this out sooner then later so if anyone's down to save $30-75 hit me up before next week.

9. JLink

JLink Well-Known Member

Good deal.

10. Oswego

Oswego n00b

Up to 9 so far....just need 1 more then we can get this going

Here is a link to the company as well as the snorkels http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/tec...o_snorkel.html

I have spoken the the vendor and they are willing to provide a discounted price based on volume.Thank you Cruiser Outfitters!!!!!

We need at least (10) people to get GB pricing. If we can get more people then I will contact them for additional discount if one is possible.

From here on out Ill edit the list and if you want your name on the GB list PM me with the make of your truck as well as the part number you would like (see below for part #).

If you PM me be sure you have the cash and won't back out. If you back out I will keep your screen name up and edit it with (backed out). Word to the unwise; you will piss people off if we had (10) people signed up and then when it's time to collect the money 50% of the people back out. This system should keep the dreamers and people backing out to a minimum. I'm not trying to be a d*ck I just know how GB's go and I am attempting to avoid the typical pitfalls.

Items included in GB pricing are as follows for $325 + shipping (approximately $20 West Coast - $30 East Coast) + taxes (Utah only):

application)

See their link below for directions, installation, as well as many other cool items for our vehicals

GB List

1) Oswego SS135MOD
    2) Duckcmdr SS135MOD
    3) Mole SS135MOD
    4) theduck911 SS135MOD
    5) mortuusangelus SS170HF
    6) kinetik873 SS135MOD
    7) ink junky SS135MOD
    8) HomerTaco SS135MOD
    9) JLink SS135MOD

1) Lrgrnr SS135MOD
    2) jhodge83 SS135MOD
    3) jandrews SS135MOD

Note: I am doing this in an attempt to get parts for my truck and my friends trucks for cheap. I am not receiving any special discount* or free products nor do I have any affiliation with the vendor. All savings will be passed directly to the buyer. I do know of a couple TW members who have purchased this product from this vendor and they are fully satisfied. Once the group buy is in affect all sales communication will be made directly through the vendor once I provide them with your name.

*The only incentive I am receiving if we meet the quantity required is free shipping offered by the vendor to me for setting this up. This means if you are local to me and get in on this you will also pay NO shipping. The free shipping will be for a 1 time order and to my location only. If you miss the boat this will not be offered again.

11. SecretSquirrel

SecretSquirrel Whale Oil Beef Hooked Staff Member

Somebody order one of these so it can be closed out and orders can start flowing...

12. Oswego

Oswego n00b

I sent an e-mail last night regarding better pricing for more volume (if we can reach 20) and to see if we could include FJ's.

I have a feeling the guys going in for the free shipping might need to wait cause I'm pretty sure he doesn't keep more then 3-5 in stock. I guess we can make sure ours go out first if he has that quantity in stock.

13. AlienXtx

AlienXtx Nignog

I would but I just installed a Volant CAI on my truck.

14. TacoXpo

TacoXpo Freedom

Okay, count me in.

15. yotarob

yotarob Kiss My IFS

One of these days I will put on on my 1st gen 4runner. Not that I plan on doing any real water crossing, but I like the idea of pulling cool air from higher up (It would look bitchin!)

16. Oswego

Oswego n00b

ah...just sell it and get some ram air CAI :)

Great...there's (10)

What model truck and snorkel?

Also if you check the link you'll see the installation instructions as well as additional items you'll need.

Here is the link to the TW thread as well. Some members who have these exact snorkels from the same vendor on their trucks have posted up some useful installation methods/tips there. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gr...-1st-gen-2nd-gen-4-0-v6-t100.html#post2630568

17. TacoXpo

TacoXpo Freedom

I have an 09 taco. Do they make them for late model 7 series? :)

18. TacoXpo

TacoXpo Freedom

Extra parts? You really think I'm going to drill a hole in my pristine truck? :eek: The only extra's I'll need is double stick tape!

J/k I will check.

19. Oswego

Oswego n00b

Hell they don't make them for 2nd gens at all so maybe we could just modify a T100 model to fit it

Thank you for helping us reach our goal.

20. Oswego

Oswego n00b

Goal is reached *WOOT*

We need at least (10) people to get GB pricing. If we can get more people then I will contact them for additional discount if one is possible.

If you PM me be sure you have the cash and won't back out. If you back out I will keep your screen name up and edit it with (backed out). Word to the unwise; you will piss people off if we had (10) people signed up and then when it's time to collect the money 50% of the people back out. This system should keep the dreamers and people backing out to a minimum. I'm not trying to be a d*ck I just know how GB's go and I am attempting to avoid the typical pitfalls.

Items included in GB pricing are as follows for $325 + shipping (approximately $20 West Coast - $30 East Coast) + taxes (Utah only):

application)

See their link below for directions, installation, as well as many other cool items for our vehicals

GB List

1) Oswego SS135MOD
    2) Duckcmdr SS135MOD
    3) Mole SS135MOD
    4) theduck911 SS135MOD
    5) mortuusangelus SS170HF
    6) kinetik873 SS135MOD
    7) ink junky SS135MOD
    8) HomerTaco SS135MOD
    9) JLink SS135MOD
    10) TacoXpo SS135MOD (TOR)

1) Lrgrnr SS135MOD
    2) jhodge83 SS135MOD
    3) jandrews SS135MOD

Note: I am doing this in an attempt to get parts for my truck and my friends trucks for cheap. I am not receiving any special discount* or free products nor do I have any affiliation with the vendor. All savings will be passed directly to the buyer. I do know of a couple TW members who have purchased this product from this vendor and they are fully satisfied. Once the group buy is in affect all sales communication will be made directly through the vendor once I provide them with your name.

*The only incentive I am receiving if we meet the quantity required is free shipping offered by the vendor to me for setting this up. This means if you are local to me and get in on this you will also pay NO shipping. The free shipping will be for a 1 time order and to my location only. If you miss the boat this will not be offered again.