Snorkel Group Buy: 1st Gen, 2nd Gen 4.0 V6, & T100

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by Oswego, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Silverback

Silverback I'm not always a dick. Just kidding, fuck off.

I didn't have to trim anything off the inner fender or snorkel, other than the piece that was designed to be trimmed. I just used the bolt studs to actually mark on blue tape where I should cut. Similar to your wax trick. As for the elongating of the holes, its not a big deal, those huge washers will hold it in place. As long as your holes aren't too big. LOL.

[​IMG]

2. TacoXpo

TacoXpo Freedom

Yeah but you weren't Douche Bag either! :D

3. Oswego

Oswego n00b

Yea, those washers are huge. Hows the alignment with your antenna mount? Your pic looks just like everyones since I did mine. Slightly down sloped like the stock intake. Josh used most of his stock intake.

[​IMG]

4. Silverback

its perfect.. I don't have any pics though.

Nice to be the guinea pig huh? LOL

5. Silverback

I just didn't wear my flatbill in any of the pics. LOL

6. Oswego

Oswego n00b

I can't wait to take mine off when I do my spark plugs. Thinking the structural silicone will be fun with the rigid exhaust pipe. This time Ill also remember to spray the heat wrap with some black sealer so it stops throwing fibers all over my engine bay.

On a good note I got over three hundred miles out of a tank of gas this week for the first time in a long time. Ended up with 15.9003 MPG.

7. Silverback

Nice! Mine didn't do shit for mileage. :( Maybe that smooth tubing is worth it??

8. taco4x4rar

taco4x4rar Well-Known Member

Couldn't possibly be all that really heavy stuff bolted to the front/rear/sides/bed/undercarriage of your truck could it?

9. Oswego

Oswego n00b

I can't imagine the smooth tube making too much difference, but who knows. My tube isn't mandrel bent and has some ridges.

[​IMG]

I only ran one tank before I put the snorkel on (13.567) so that calc isn't a great control. The only other time I checked my mpg's before that I was getting around 14 and that was 100% highway coming home from a URE, NC meet.

10. Silverback

No, that makes it more aerodynamic. :)

11. Silverback

But he went from 13-15.. I didn't see any improvement. Difference was the tubing... I doubt its the tubing, but its a possibility.

12. SecretSquirrel

SecretSquirrel Whale Oil Beef Hooked Staff Member

I'm thinking Boyd has less turbulence to the intake

13. Silverback

true

14. TacoXpo

TacoXpo Freedom

Who want's to buy one of these for their truck? My new habit will be taxing me WAY too much and getting this thing delivered to some happy buyer would be great in my mind!

15. Oswego

Oswego n00b

Hows the bend in your rubber tube? My antenna location is spot on and I didn't trim the snorkel so that's why I think I had to cut the inner fender forward. The bend in rubber tube bottomed out on the snorkel and was kinking it a little. The same was true with everyone elses, so we started trimming the snorkel itself. If it's kinked a little it could be restricting you from getting the full advantage.?.

16. Silverback

Its been a while since I installed mine.. but IIRC its not bad.. not a real tight kink or anything. I might take a look at it. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to take it off and make sure no rust is forming back there.

17. SecretSquirrel

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. TacoXpo

TacoXpo Freedom

[​IMG]

19. SecretSquirrel

Are you telling me I need some?

Those tires have NEVER had a shine on them...

20. yotarob

yotarob Kiss My IFS

Looks great Rich, I like how you did it under the hood. Is that the stock piece?