Temporary Deals/Sales Thread

AlienXtx

Nignog
Yep, love my Glock

CowboyTaco

The lack of aftermarket support was one of the reasons I got away from Springfield's XD line. The other was the simplicity of the Glock. You can break the pistol down with a pen and put it back together.

For years I tried not to get into Glock and I wanted nothing to do with them. They were ugly, everyone had them and it was boring to me at the time. But after shooting a G19 and a buddies G34, I started to understand why they are the #1 choice when it comes to semi-auto pistols. And after taking one apart and putting it back together, I think it's simplicity is beautiful lol

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!! I haven't shot one yet, but have recently been thinking that I need to.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!! I haven't shot one yet, but have recently been thinking that I need to.
;) you can call the gun ranges around you and see if they rent pistols. It's what I did with my wife when picking out a pistol for her.

Oswego

n00b
For a nOOb like me the added safety features of the XD sold me. A firearm without a manual safety just plain scares me, but that's only due to my ignorance. I feel totally safe with my old ass .38 snub nose that has no safety but the trigger is like 20# so as usual it's incorrect perception that scares me lol

Anathollo

Staff member
For a nOOb like me the added safety features of the XD sold me. A firearm without a manual safety just plain scares me, but that's only due to my ignorance. I feel totally safe with my old ass .38 snub nose that has no safety but the trigger is like 20# so as usual it's incorrect perception that scares me lol
w0VQcN.gif

lol but in all seriousness, Glocks has 3 safeties built into the gun so it's actually pretty safe.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I like my XD's.. had a Glock.. did not care for it. Just personal preference. I did get my PRP trigger for my XDM10 yesterday, just need to install it.

Oswego

n00b
w0VQcN.gif

lol but in all seriousness, Glocks has 3 safeties built into the gun so it's actually pretty safe.

I was waiting for that lol Ask all the LEO's that shot themselves in the leg with a Glock how that worked out for them :2guns::risas3:

To be fair I'm sure if the XD was more popular as a service weapon more people would of shot themselves with it by accident so.... kinda a low blow

I guess you could also ding the XD for needing to depress the trigger for breakdown, but Ive never understood how people shoot themselves cleaning/breaking down guns anyway?

Ive also never needed to break down one while people are shooting at me so.....maybe thats got something to do with it?

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
When I worked security at a nuclear plant we carried ARs and Glocks. I shot the Glock fine but I always felt the grip was a little off for me. The XD grip angle fits my hand better- but if I had to shoot a Glock I can. I might give them a try again at some point.

Currently my biggest deal is I want my wife and I to have interchangeable magazines in out carry weapons. So if one of us changes a carry we both will change a carry.

Anathollo

Staff member
I was waiting for that lol Ask all the LEO's that shot themselves in the leg with a Glock how that worked out for them :2guns::risas3:

To be fair I'm sure if the XD was more popular as a service weapon more people would of shot themselves with it by accident so.... kinda a low blow

I guess you could also ding the XD for needing to depress the trigger for breakdown, but Ive never understood how people shoot themselves cleaning/breaking down guns anyway?

Ive also never needed to break down one while people are shooting at me so.....maybe thats got something to do with it?
People shoot themselves while cleaning their guns because they forget the 4 rules of firearms safety. Always assume the weapon is loaded.

The XD's require a roll pin to be punched out to break the pistol fully down. Also the trigger group and backstrap safety have a bunch of little parts to deal with, whereas the Glock has everything combined into one little unit. I'll post some pics of the internals of both pistols later.

Anathollo

Staff member
When I worked security at a nuclear plant we carried ARs and Glocks. I shot the Glock fine but I always felt the grip was a little off for me. The XD grip angle fits my hand better- but if I had to shoot a Glock I can. I might give them a try again at some point.

Currently my biggest deal is I want my wife and I to have interchangeable magazines in out carry weapons. So if one of us changes a carry we both will change a carry.
Definitely the right way to do it.

And yeah Glocks aren't a comfortable pistol until you get used to it. I actually prefer the M&P's grip the most. Those pistols are comfy. I've just never had the chance to shoot one. I finger fucked them hard at the NRA shot show and dry fired them only to realize their stock triggers suck. (I came to the same realization with the Zev and Agency arms Glock triggers too. I was like "people like this trigger?? Wtf?")

CowboyTaco

Definitely the right way to do it.

And yeah Glocks aren't a comfortable pistol until you get used to it. I actually prefer the M&P's grip the most. Those pistols are comfy. I've just never had the chance to shoot one. I finger fucked them hard at the NRA shot show and dry fired them only to realize their stock triggers suck. (I came to the same realization with the Zev and Agency arms Glock triggers too. I was like "people like this trigger?? Wtf?")

A buddy of mine had the M&P 2.0 in 9mm that I got to shoot one time. I really liked that one. It was possibly the smoothest shooting pistol that I have fired. Up to that point, the smoothest is my Italian made Beretta 92FS (for perspective).

Anathollo

Staff member
A buddy of mine had the M&P 2.0 in 9mm that I got to shoot one time. I really liked that one. It was possibly the smoothest shooting pistol that I have fired. Up to that point, the smoothest is my Italian made Beretta 92FS (for perspective).
I'll need to go rent one sometime then.

Anathollo

Staff member
4 months of free YouTube Premium for Samsung phones. Just remember to put a reminder in your calendar to cancel the subscription a day before it renew's itself.
YouTube Premium - YouTube

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Duluth is having a 30% off sale for their 30th birthday if anyone likes their stuff. Almost everything in the store was on sale. Picked up some more flex Fire Hose pants.

thanks

Oswego

n00b
Sale on Milwaukee tools...no idea of the prices are any good. deals only good until 10/18.

I use this place for rental of large equipment and also buy safety supplies through them for the past 15 years off and on. Pretty good guys, but a little old school.

Milwaukee Blitz 2019