The AR Thread

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I'm not sure why he is spending money on things for a weapon he doesn't even own! :D

achirdo

2WD FTW
This is the fucking truth right here... Although I don't think HK makes the best AR's. That spot is reserved for JP Enterprises on top followed by V Seven Weapons systems.
View attachment 15284
Not gonna lie, I really like my PSA AR. It was one of their kits with a premium BCG and FN barrel. Has been 100% reliable with all ammo types. I've probably got 3-4k down the tube of it....

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
You have my address if you want to have them ship them to me for safe keeping. Just trying to help
Well you can always come down more and shoot mine anytime (bring your own brass ammo) :)

Anathollo

Staff member

Anathollo

Staff member
Can't be any more expensive that shooting with a buddy that has a truck bed full off machine guns of every shape and size
Well my parts are more easily obtainable and ship straight to your door :)

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Can't be any more expensive that shooting with a buddy that has a truck bed full off machine guns of every shape and size

That is no joke. I am putting in at least one stamp a month for a while. I need to get two SBRs approved.

Anathollo

Staff member
Got this newest boat anchor in yesterday! Can't wait to see how well it does in salt water. The coating it has is said to be more salt resistant.
V Seven 7075 EX lightened lower
V Seven lightened take down pins
V Seven 2055 buffer tube (it has 11 position adjustments for the pistol brace or a rifle stock!)
V Seven lightened mag release
V Seven lightened nut
V Seven QD Endplate
V Seven Titanium grip screw
Ergo grip
Geissele SSP Flat bow trigger (my JP roller trigger is still much better than this one)
Geissele Maritime bolt catch (I've always wanted to try this guy out and see it's worth the hype)
Radian ambi safety
SBA3 pistol brace (I had this left over from when I SBR'd another lower).
JP Enterprises Heavy Silent Capture Spring (I'll buy this in a month for the 4th of July sales but I'll swap over another SCS I have until I buy a dedicated SCS for this lower).
20190613_214829.jpg

This is the weight after it's fully built!
20190613_184322.jpg

Last edited:

tx_shooter

Staff member
Finally got around to putting a brake/ suppressor adapter on my 6.5Grendel build. Now I just need to get back to the range to test it out. The rifle already had a very small recoil signature. But this should knock it down a bit more.

Next up will be a few JP roller triggers in the lowers.

20190613_212007.jpg

Last edited:

tx_shooter

Staff member
I have been looking for a decent compact way to store and transport my ARs and loose AR uppers. I decided to take a risk and see how well the Condor discrete case works. The initial setup and rifle tests were positive. My sammich maker thought the case was a tool case and not a rifle case; so that is a win in my opinion. But if the case holds up I will order a few more for my other AR and SBR setups. This is easier to move around and store than my Pelican rifle cases.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073MRRVKL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

rifle case 1.jpg

rifle case 2.jpg

Anathollo

Staff member
For anyone with an SBA3 brace, I highly recommend this strap by Wise Men Company. It helps it "brace" against your "arm" so much better than before. This strap fixes the rubber wings that collapse inwards while using the brace... On your arm of course.
If you own a SBA3, this is a required item IMHO.
20190730_090922.jpg

20190730_090947.jpg

Anathollo

Staff member
Saw a lot of guys running these BCM grip panels and figured I'd add these to my cart since I was ordering another part. I put em on last night and I really like em. I was really hoping I wouldn't like them since they are a little "tacticool". But they have a slim profile (compared to other grip panels like Magpul), really grippy without hurting your hands and they don't weigh anything. So I ordered another package of BCM grip panels along with another BCM vertical grip mod 3 for my SBR.
This is my 16" .223 upper below.
20190801_175432.jpg

20190801_175437.jpg

Anathollo

Staff member
Saw a lot of guys running these BCM grip panels and figured I'd add these to my cart since I was ordering another part. I put em on last night and I really like em. I was really hoping I wouldn't like them since they are a little "tacticool". But they have a slim profile (compared to other grip panels like Magpul), really grippy without hurting your hands and they don't weigh anything. So I ordered another package of BCM grip panels along with another BCM vertical grip mod 3 for my SBR.
This is my 16" .223 upper below.
View attachment 16287
View attachment 16286
Got in more of these BCM grip panels and the vertical grip for my SBR. These things are pretty sweet.

Oswego

n00b
OK, so I need some of your guys opinions regarding a AR10 or similar semi auto platform rifle that's great shooting out of the box that requires no mods to function properly and is sub $3k w/o optics. I like .308 for ease of finding ammo or 762 x 51. Any specific manufacturers that make great stuff in the US and it's got to be all go and no show? I don't need any frilly crap - just the basics and it will never be used past 1,000 yards because it's for shit hitting the fan and I;'m no shooter and my yards a 1/4 acre lol

Really have no idea what I'm doing but I'm - pretty sure I need to buy now before the elections and new NJ legislature that will stem from this weekends BS. I will never take the time to mod it or work on it and that's why I want it good to go out of the box - I am not tarded so I know if I did the work myself I could get it at the fraction of the price, but thats not going to happen. Iva had a 10/22 and the parts to mod it for 5 years and it still hasn't been touched. I want something that I can properly store for 5 years then take out and have it work to defend myself w/o issues.

I know this is a potato way to go about asking but you guys got your shit together and know more about rifles than I ever will so I figured I'd let you guide me. There are no wrong answers and Ill do my own research once I get some guidance - just so many places to start I could use some help.

Plan is to find a dealer and purchase pretty much immediately before NJ pulls some shit. Right now I can acquire long arms legally in any state w/o need for any record being kept or having to tell NJ and I'd like to keep it that way. Just the std national background check is all I need (I have a NJ long arms permit to purchase/carry).

Anathollo

Staff member
OK, so I need some of your guys opinions regarding a AR10 or similar semi auto platform rifle that's great shooting out of the box that requires no mods to function properly and is sub $3k w/o optics. I like .308 for ease of finding ammo or 762 x 51. Any specific manufacturers that make great stuff in the US and it's got to be all go and no show? I don't need any frilly crap - just the basics and it will never be used past 1,000 yards because it's for shit hitting the fan and I;'m no shooter and my yards a 1/4 acre lol

Really have no idea what I'm doing but I'm - pretty sure I need to buy now before the elections and new NJ legislature that will stem from this weekends BS. I will never take the time to mod it or work on it and that's why I want it good to go out of the box - I am not tarded so I know if I did the work myself I could get it at the fraction of the price, but thats not going to happen. Iva had a 10/22 and the parts to mod it for 5 years and it still hasn't been touched. I want something that I can properly store for 5 years then take out and have it work to defend myself w/o issues.

I know this is a potato way to go about asking but you guys got your shit together and know more about rifles than I ever will so I figured I'd let you guide me. There are no wrong answers and Ill do my own research once I get some guidance - just so many places to start I could use some help.

Plan is to find a dealer and purchase pretty much immediately before NJ pulls some shit. Right now I can acquire long arms legally in any state w/o need for any record being kept or having to tell NJ and I'd like to keep it that way. Just the std national background check is all I need (I have a NJ long arms permit to purchase/carry).
Ok, so first thing. Fuck .308. It's your grandpappy's cartridge and there are much better alternatives on the market today. I would highly recommend 6.5 Creedmoor for your first cartridge since it's easy to shoot and it's widely available.

Second, I would consider at least spending $3k on just the rifle alone. That way you have something that's quality and the few times a year that you shoot it, you'll actually be able to hit what you want.

Here's two options that will be fantastic complete rifles for you.
V Seven- 6.5 CREEDMOOR - RIFLES/PISTOLS

OR

JP Enterprises: JP - JP LRP-07™ Long Range Precision Rifle
(You'll have to build your rifle in the "builder tab" on their website as they only custom build rifles). Also, JP Enterprises is THE best AR manufacturer on the market. When it comes time that I can afford to buy an AR-10, I'm just getting a JP. They are like a $100 more than me buying all the components and building it myself and I LOVE to build AR's.

Buy Once, Cry Once applies most to firearms. And these two rifles will actually hold more resale value than other rifles will, especially the JP.

But if you absolutely can't stomach those prices, then you're looking at Savage, Colt or CMMG.
Savage 22903 MSR10 Hunter Semi-Automatic 6.5 Creedmoor 18 20+1 Aluminum Black

As for the scope, I'd recommend a Vortex Viper PST Gen II MRAD Scope with the EBR-7C reticle. It'll be more than enough for what you need and it has a lifetime, unconditional replacement warranty. Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 FFP

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
I have a friend who loves his Galil in .308. I think it's an Israeli made gun. I want to say he loved it so much he got 2 more in different calibers.