The AR Thread

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Fuck the flash hider. You don't need it. Get a muzzle break instead. The miculek, Lantec Dragon or JP enterprises muzzle breaks are great choices. I prefer the Miculek break because it's $40 and the quality is amazing.

That's what I meant... something I can pin though.

Silverback

@Silverback you bought a Sig? That thing is complete crap. I will swing through Austin on my way to Houston this weekend and get rid of that trash for you.

yeah, I heard Sig makes complete crap. :)

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
x2 for a good muzzle break. A well designed muzzle break is worth the money. My issue is I am trying to find a good muzzle break I can also screw on a suppressor over. I think I am going to either end up going with a basic break or having to build my own.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
x2 for a good muzzle break. A well designed muzzle break is worth the money. My issue is I am trying to find a good muzzle break I can also screw on a suppressor over. I think I am going to either end up going with a basic break or having to build my own.
I have the silencerco break on my 300 BO because I plan on getting an Omega at some point in the future. It works pretty well and I don't have any complaints.

Silverback

Mounted up my Vortex Crossfire II... It fits great but I may need to move it and the Magpul rear BUS back a little. It seems fine but I haven't shot it. So far eye relief seems perfect. Red dot lines up perfectly with the top of the front site post if its exposed. Also, I'm not falling in love with this ODG furniture. It may be replaced sooner than later.

A2E4F238-A4E7-488C-B054-85A63F0129DD.jpg

Silverback

FDE hardware on order. Too bad it wasn't Amazon Prime. :D

Oswego

n00b
Saw it on Guns and Ammo this week. First new submachine gun in many years. AR based platform. Sig Sauer's MPx 9mm SMG Is a Compact Powerhouse

"This system really shines in today’s tactical world when it comes to reloading. The AR platform pretty much rules in America, and the MPX uses the same basic controls. In other words, whatever reloading protocol you currently use with your AR carbine will be exactly the same. Reloading was fast and smooth, with zero learning curve required."

Silverback

FDE furniture installed. Thanks @Anathollo for the grip and stock! New trigger and charging handle will be next and then its done!

188544AB-4335-474C-BD50-A50ECB5BAF45.jpg

E2D689A6-A749-49D4-807F-6E9CE33D1389.jpg

Silverback

Well then it's onto the next one. :)

Anathollo

Staff member
@Silverback Wanna buy my Geissle SSA? :) I want/need the new JP trigger.

Anathollo

Staff member
Looks sexy! Glad I got rid of that stuff before I built a new lower lol

Silverback

One more piece of bling that is not required but I liked it... call it a late Saturday night buy. :)

Oh and Michael we need to talk about that trigger... I'm interested. Need some details.

2A3FEF91-2424-40CB-816A-7504E17306F9.jpg

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER

Silverback

That is frickin' awesome!

Anathollo

Staff member
Holy shit balls... those are not cheap!!

ELITE 5.56 - Operators Suppressor Systems

Before you order anything, there has been A LOT of drama going on at that company lately. The original owner/founder has left the company, so the Green Beret dude that is in the video is no longer there. He left because the partners were making him ship out orders that were incomplete or just wrong. Guys who ordered 5.56 cans were getting 30 caliber cans and vise versa. So you pay all that money for the can and you don't even get the right one! Also, they had a lot of issues with the cans design that has been worked out. Lastly, there were guys posting that the cans weren't meeting the advertised decibel rating if I recall correctly.

This is the 5.56 can that I really want but I'll have to wait and see what happens a little further down the road before I'll order one. But other than those issues, the can looks to be badass and is definitely the future for suppressors.