The AR Thread

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Took the little one out to shoot her new "AR" S&W MP15-22. Ran great.

IMG_2975.JPG

Silverback

She asked me just after this to lower the flip up sights, which I did and she did much better with it.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Very nice Sean!

A couple of friends and I went out to a range near a 3 day party/ranch camp we were at. One guy wanted to use his new Savage .300 Win Mag. He wasn't having much luck with the plate that was 300 yards away. Call it beginner luck but I was getting 2 out of every 3 when he struggled to even get one. I felt kinda bad. ... not bad enough though as I reminded him all weekend that that gun caused a distinct ringing in my ear. The sound sounded something like this: "Ping! ... Ping! ...Ping!" lol

Silverback

LOL.. the sound of lead hitting steel.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Well my buddy found a good deal on 458 SOCOM barrel so it looks like we will be building a few uppers soon. Now to start working on acquiring the reloading dies and components. It will make good bear medicine for when I get around to getting to CO.

458 SOCOM Barrel.jpg

tx_shooter

Staff member
So the 458 SOCOM is waiting on a muzzle device and then it will be 100% ready to knock holes in walls, pigs, and VWs. So I started looking around at reloading options and this bullet made me smile. I have to open something up with this.

458 bullet.JPG

balakay

BabyMax
So the 458 SOCOM is waiting on a muzzle device and then it will be 100% ready to knock holes in walls, pigs, and VWs. So I started looking around at reloading options and this bullet made me smile. I have to open something up with this.

View attachment 12107

I know exactly where you can test them out at. Maybe Aaron can get his big bore AR built fairly soon as well to test it out.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member

View attachment 12107
Are those the Underwood 250 grains? :)

Silverback

I am looking for a 300 grain wad cutter fishing weight mold. That would be close to perfect for cheapness and destruction of fish.

Mold or right priced lead boolets.

FIFY

tx_shooter

Staff member

Naa I have enough registered items in my house and a handful of flags in my background that I will never get off the government lists. Might as well embrace it.

To whatever NSA agent is reading this - tell your mom I said hi. I like her choice in juice packs.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Naa I have enough registered items in my house and a handful of flags in my background that I will never get off the government lists. Might as well embrace it.

To whatever NSA agent is reading this - tell your mom I said hi. I like her choice in juice packs.
NSA Agent: "I told my mom which ones to buy based off our files on you when you were a kid"

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
It has been submitted. It has a long way to go.

If conservatives do not obtain the WH in 2020, expect much stricter laws, which would make the previous Brady Bill look extremely weak compared to new possible legislation in the forecast.

achirdo

2WD FTW
If conservatives do not obtain the WH in 2020, expect much stricter laws, which would make the previous Brady Bill look extremely weak compared to new possible legislation in the forecast.
We are currently in the time of plenty for gun parts and ammo. If you aren't stocking up right now you are foolish. $39 lowers, 25c/round for brass 223, etc. Come 2020 that's gonna change just like it did in 2015

tx_shooter

Staff member
Finally found ammo local so I can test the upper before making a bulk ammo order. It sucks Buffalo Bore 458 SOCOM was $62 for 20 rounds. Damn pigs better appreciate it.

20181124_193831.jpg

Silverback

Jaw is on floor!! Fuck!!