The Home Improvement Thread

Oswego

n00b
Im gonna take a leaf blower later today and see what junk comes out of mine, lol

Not a bad idea.

Plumbing snake might also work lol

My sister has her lines inside her walls. She got one of the long bristled brushes that's similar to a snake but attaches to a drill.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Not a bad idea.

Plumbing snake might also work lol

My sister has her lines inside her walls. She got one of the long bristled brushes that's similar to a snake but attaches to a drill.
Whoa whoa whoa! We don't need to know what toys your sister has ;)

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
360° Microwave Motion Sensor Light Switch for LED Linear High Bay

5B13DC32-ABBA-486D-9ABD-7407CC6524C7.jpeg

AlienXtx

Nignog

Oswego

n00b

Off topic but in my industry we are getting rid of motion censors for IR. Never even heard of a microwave motion sensor.

Total PITA to break in with a IR. With motion I used to just slide paperwork or something thin past the door to active the motion censor on the other side to release the magnetic locks. No can do with IR.

:shifty: hold on, let's not get hasty

Too late and she's attractive lol

Only half her blood is tainted with my genetics so she didn't hit every branch of the ugly tree like myself.

AlienXtx

Nignog
lol

Anathollo

Staff member
Off topic but in my industry we are getting rid of motion censors for IR. Never even heard of a microwave motion sensor.

Total PITA to break in with a IR. With motion I used to just slide paperwork or something thin past the door to active the motion censor on the other side to release the magnetic locks. No can do with IR.

Too late and she's attractive lol

Only half her blood is tainted with my genetics so she didn't hit every branch of the ugly tree like myself.
Can you set the paperwork on fire and slid it past the door to trick an IR sensor? lol

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Also, those covers may not work... I'll get a photo of the bulb but I don't think its perfectly round.. the backside is more of an oval.

The LED bulbs are indeed oval in shape, and the topside is all aluminum with small fins in it for heat. I don't think the covers would work.

759C25BC-1A1B-40FA-903D-470182290218.jpeg

1187E9FF-AA31-48AE-9752-E21A9F58DB19.jpeg

Attachments

• F0EB276F-E3DB-4E32-A32A-B84C35F2E5FC.jpeg
    F0EB276F-E3DB-4E32-A32A-B84C35F2E5FC.jpeg
    270.8 KB · Views: 5

Oswego

n00b
Can you set the paperwork on fire and slid it past the door to trick an IR sensor? lol

That would work. Tried it once w/my framing square heated up by my bic but it wasn't long enough.

Wait wait.. @Oswego has a hot sister? Pics!

:D

IDK about hot ~ I was born raised in NJ not WV so that kind of thing is frowned upon up here lol

When we go out everyone usually thinks she's my GF. We have different dads and she's 11 years older. Her genetics are much better than mine - she looks 20 years younger and I look 20 years older lol

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
Fucking heat was out downstairs when I woke up yesterday. Furnace would come on but no air moving out of the vents. AC worked fine. No time to fuck with it this week so I call guy my parents have known for 20 years. He said a pressure switch was dirty and needed to be cleaned. Said its regular maintenance item with my set up and he would walk me through how to do it over the phone next time so I could save some $$.

AlienXtx

Nignog
It's just a rubber tube on the little motor on the flu pipe. Just blow it out both ways, it gets plugged

AlienXtx

Nignog
Good to know.
Not sure what your set up is but they are all pretty much the same. The arrow point to where the tube is connected. Just leave one side hooked up and blow through it the hook up that end and blow through the other way.
20191115_184115.jpg

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
Thank you sir! I appreciate it. I have really never messed with anything on AC except for filters and replacing a thermostat.

AlienXtx

Nignog
Thank you sir! I appreciate it. I have really never messed with anything on AC except for filters and replacing a thermostat.
Well I started in that field at age 15 and made a living at it till I was 25 and still deal with it on my facilities lol

Anathollo

Staff member
Well I started in that field at age 15 and made a living at it till I was 25 and still deal with it on my facilities lol
I miss your AC service stories for certain female clients lol

AlienXtx

Nignog