The Home Improvement Thread

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Some "Home Improvement" designs for you lol

Oswego

n00b
I was looking up fire towers Monday when I was home sick after watching the top video. Pretty cool stuff + the chick has a nice caboose

PA just doubled down on manned fire stations and is replacing a bunch. I bet they are selling the old ones off. Everyone else is changing to cameras and drones.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Yeah she is kinda cute...

Silverback

Got the other lights installed in the garage, also managed to mound a large LED facing upwards in the front corner where there was a dim spot. Still have one more of those lights to utilize, might mount it on the other side of the trailer on top my storage shelf facing upwards as well. Still need to install the two plugs in the ceiling but I did get the Romex ran up there. Tomorrows job. Its hard to tell from the pics but it's pretty nice out there, no hot spots on the floor.

These are the lights I used to shine upwards. Not bad for $32. I think I paid $37 non Black Friday price.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S1F5VYG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_8874.jpg

IMG_8871.jpg

IMG_8873.jpg

AlienXtx

Nignog

AlienXtx

Nignog
My drier took a shit yesterday. Made a trip to Lowes this morning and picked up a new washer/drier set. Got a pretty good price on them, $800 off total plus a mail in rebate.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Got the other lights installed in the garage, also managed to mound a large LED facing upwards in the front corner where there was a dim spot. Still have one more of those lights to utilize, might mount it on the other side of the trailer on top my storage shelf facing upwards as well. Still need to install the two plugs in the ceiling but I did get the Romex ran up there. Tomorrows job. Its hard to tell from the pics but it's pretty nice out there, no hot spots on the floor.

These are the lights I used to shine upwards. Not bad for $32. I think I paid $37 non Black Friday price.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S1F5VYG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 18875

View attachment 18877

View attachment 18876

looks good

I took 2 out today, out of the attached garage, holy shit, each fixture had a dozen or so of mud wasp nest, more fire hazards discovered, lol

0517BBAE-345A-4B79-B381-413E057BF1D1.jpeg

Silverback

Mine just had about 100,000 dead bugs up there. LOL. I had the little one helping me and she was definitely grossed out. lol

Taco Loco

Future plan is to repaint the interior attached garage and replace old fluorescent fixtures with similar style fixtures but with LED ones.

Removed the 2 round old fluorescent lights from the attached garage, painted, then installed 2 new flat panel LED lights.

Old
A2CAC37B-71C4-412F-B44D-67C8D15F187C.jpeg

New
D8234CD2-55EA-461D-BE76-6CB1E09FF017.jpeg

New
5F3EC92A-5C72-49CE-A527-A7E1022F45CE.jpeg

Finished removing the 2 old 4ft fluorescent fixtures and painted around mounting surface, waiting on 2 new fixtures like the ones @Silverback installed.
FF847106-2B5A-4649-B970-3AFBE5184C9F.jpeg

Taco Loco

My drier took a shit yesterday. Made a trip to Lowes this morning and picked up a new washer/drier set. Got a pretty good price on them, $800 off total plus a mail in rebate.
Yeah they do have a good discount at HD, sale good until Thursday. It’s basically a way for them to clear out old inventory.

I was looking at a couple sets, I bet ours are 12 or 13 years old, I’m really thinking of going back to a top load LG unit, min 5cu ft. on the wash and min 7cu. ft. on the drier.

balakay

BabyMax
I'm wondering how long until mine give out. I bought the cheapest set HD had to offer. Think they were less than $600 for the pair delivered to my apartment at the time. They've made it a little over 3 years so far. About 2 years more than I was expecting. They're on the short list though. I'll end up replacing them before they give out more than likely. Miss some of the nicer features my old ones had like steam.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
est 22ft xmas tree, 10 strings of led lights is all I’m doing.

View attachment 18914

My sammich maker has hinted that she wants a tree like that in the front yard. I have looked into how most people do them; my biggest issue is my front yard is 90% rock so it will be a bit of a challenge with the stays for the lights. But at least we got the house lights up today.

Taco Loco

My sammich maker has hinted that she wants a tree like that in the front yard. I have looked into how most people do them; my biggest issue is my front yard is 90% rock so it will be a bit of a challenge with the stays for the lights. But at least we got the house lights up today.

I used the flag pole.

balakay

BabyMax

Not sure how tall it is but my parents have one my dad made years ago that's only ever been set up once and will never be set up again. I'm betting you could have it for $free.50 if he hasnt already hauled it off for scrap.

Silverback

I didn't install the ceiling outlets this weekend like I had I had planned. Spent it working on the kiddo's science project. Building balsa wood bridges... never imagined it would be this big of a PITA. Gorilla glue is awesome and my black fingertips prove it. lol

CowboyTaco

I'm wondering how long until mine give out. I bought the cheapest set HD had to offer. Think they were less than $600 for the pair delivered to my apartment at the time. They've made it a little over 3 years so far. About 2 years more than I was expecting. They're on the short list though. I'll end up replacing them before they give out more than likely. Miss some of the nicer features my old ones had like steam.

Sometimes those are the best units. If it's an old school agitator type, it should last until the bearing goes out in the drum.

AlienXtx

Nignog
It was a Samsung about 5-6 years old. It had a hard life with 7 peoples worth of clothes running through it almost daily. The washer matches and is still in damn good shape so I gave it to my mom. I ended up buying another matched set of Samsung's.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Samsung-5-...-Load-Washer-Champagne-ENERGY-STAR/1001099082
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Samsung-7-4-cu-ft-Electric-Dryer-Champagne-ENERGY-STAR/1001099104

Last edited:

Taco Loco

It was a Samsung about 5-6 years old. It had a hard life with 7 peoples worth of clothes running through it almost daily. The washer matches and is still in damn good shape so I gave it to my mom. I ended up buying another matched set of Samsung's.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Samsung-5-...-Load-Washer-Champagne-ENERGY-STAR/1001099082
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Samsung-7-4-cu-ft-Electric-Dryer-Champagne-ENERGY-STAR/1001099104

Samsung has spent years and still can’t make an ice maker worth a shit in their $2k+ fridges.
Samsung Refrigerator Class Action Enters Mediation | Top Class Actions

I’m not buying anymore of their appliance$ products, they make good TVs which is odd, but an ice maker?? really sad.