The Lodge

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
Took some glassing and chasing but I got him.
20181006_163925.jpg

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I showed Kenna and she asked why he shot it.. I said "cause they taste awesome.. like any meat you eat.. it comes from somewhere". She was like "ok".

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Nice shot BTW.

balakay

BabyMax
Pronghorn has always been at the top of my hunting bucket list for some reason. My .257Wby is itching for some 400 yard action.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Pronghorn has always been at the top of my hunting bucket list for some reason. My .257Wby is itching for some 400 yard action.

I wouldn’t mind a hunt like that either.

Or a 25.06

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
If you want to go on hunt like this I can set you up with the ranch and guide. Also their son in law guides hunts in New Mexico near Clayton and they have bigger goats in NM.
Pronghorn permits are very limited in Texas. The ranch we hunted on is 13k acres and only got 5 permits.

balakay

BabyMax
If you want to go on hunt like this I can set you up with the ranch and guide. Also their son in law guides hunts in New Mexico near Clayton and they have bigger goats in NM.
Pronghorn permits are very limited in Texas. The ranch we hunted on is 13k acres and only got 5 permits.

What's a hunt like that run $$$ wise?

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
What's a hunt like that run $$$ wise?
$2500, plus tip, plus mount, and processing.
I will say I have not done many hunts like this but the guide, his wife and their family really made us feel very welcome as if we were family. The food and hospitality was AMAZING.

I am going to try and go back next year but just to hangout and film my other nephew hunt. The open country and hunting style is very different than whitetail.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
We caught another 25-30, a couple more 5 to 6.5lb's, we kept another 7 fish between 14 to 19 inches, we currently have a slot limit on our tank to produce the larger bass.

97D981B7-0B8F-434F-9D49-B092145790E8.jpeg

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
Been a good opening weekend. Buddy got a 2nd year spike and we stayed up till 1am processing and making sausage.

Also saw a monster buck last might under our pig feeder in the backyard. Every bit of 18" spread 10 point. Really hoping he walks out this morning.

MatthewMay1

amateur professional
Been a good opening weekend. Buddy got a 2nd year spike and we stayed up till 1am processing and making sausage.

Also saw a monster buck last might under our pig feeder in the backyard. Every bit of 18" spread 10 point. Really hoping he walks out this morning.
Nice. I think our place has had too much rain so the deer aren't needing to come to the feeders. The ponds were all nearly dried up not 6 weeks ago and this weekend they're literally overflowing. Hunted all weekend and only had one doe come within bow range the whole time. Saw one 10pt buck, but nothing worth shooting opening weekend. The processor looked busy this morning though

balakay

BabyMax
Nice. I think our place has had too much rain so the deer aren't needing to come to the feeders. The ponds were all nearly dried up not 6 weeks ago and this weekend they're literally overflowing. Hunted all weekend and only had one doe come within bow range the whole time. Saw one 10pt buck, but nothing worth shooting opening weekend. The processor looked busy this morning though

My processor retired. No idea where I'm going to take a deer if I kill one. Everywhere else around here is trash compared to him.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
All the acorns and pecans that have grown with all the excessive rain are keeping the deer away from a lot of feeders.