The non Toyota build..

texasislandboy

donde esta la NGAGE IT
Bought this samurai to play around at the beach.
Looks like some high school kid did the lift so I'm going to re build the whole thing.
Main thing is to get it to drive around town and still be able to beat on it when needed.
It is a 1987... Need to get classic plates for it.

Will be painting it soon. Already have the wheels stripped and ready for some flat black. The body will be Flat tan.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Samis are pretty nice little rigs. One of the guys I wheel with has one with 60/14 axle combo. He is pretty unstoppable until he runs out of beer. Not much of a bed for coolers.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Nice man! Do you have any pics of your old sami you used to have?

texasislandboy

donde esta la NGAGE IT
I have one. I think. It was a 4dr sidekick sport. It had the big motor in it and I wish I still had that thing.

texasislandboy

donde esta la NGAGE IT
sidekick.jpgsidekick2.jpg

texasislandboy

donde esta la NGAGE IT

got the old springs off and getting ready for new wheel bearings

Got the driver side ready as well.

Reason for changing the lift. It started to bend the axle housing. The new spring pad are full contact and attach to the bottom spring pad.

SecretSquirrel

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Staff member
So it already has a SPOA done & 31's are tight for space? How bad are the springs? Guessing original...

& yeah, those perches suck. Tell my he didn't sleeve the pitman to extend the steering...

texasislandboy

donde esta la NGAGE IT
haha No its all stock steering which is now going to have to be changed... I broke a ball joint on it today and they do not sell it as it is a one peice arm. One spring was bent all to hell (looked like a S) and the other one had a broken center bolt. I'm going to order the SKY Offroad over the top steering kit later today.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Its been done on worse..... oh wait sorry that was a lie. :) But at least you are building something. :D

texasislandboy

donde esta la NGAGE IT
Yep! I'm sure It will never be done but I plan on doing a coil spring swap some time on it. I'm adding front shackles and new shock mounts as soon as I can get it back on all four tires.