TO-R Christmas 2018

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Yeah the new MX5 model is HOT, especially in red. They want a LOT of money for such a tiny car though. I'll wait till the used market starts seeing some low mileage examples and then maybe I'll find myself in one. Now if they just made a turbo model....
I still remember when the Miata first came out. The LA Times had a row and a half of new ones being sold for as much as $55k! Nuts. I had a college roommate that was and still is one of their development guys. He told me that to get the right note, they tested over 100 exhaust configurations. I met a guy once at a Ferrari event that was one of the lead designers on the Miata. IIRC his dad designed the 58 caddy and his dad's last design was the Lumina Van :puke: At the time I remember him hounding Bill the body man that worked for Barris (the guy that designed and built the original batmobile) to paint a Lamborghini Miura that he was restoring. This was years ago but I was told a paint job by that guy ran $50k.
487431-870-0.jpg

1958_cadillac_deville-pic-9038416148371565937-1600x1200.jpeg

maxresdefault.jpg

lamborghini_miura.jpg

Too funny. I did a little web search and Harley Earl was the designer of the 57-58 Caddy and a Japanese guy was credited with the design of the Miata. The guy I met was a white guy! lol

Last edited:

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
She might bring you home for the "sportsman double"! #winning

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Know that I have a 3 of 3xl of the Miata shirts, 2 Medium gray sports shirt (ladies) and about 4 of the XS, extra nice SkyActive shirts. If Stallion or any of you Tejas guys want them, I will send them to one of you and you can divy them up.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Did someone say Sportsman Double?
IMG_8171.jpg

balakay

BabyMax
Thank you Sir! I'm a Medium in most shirts. And unfortunately I no longer "zoom zoom" with a Mazda emblem. I had a low mileage modified 1993 TT RX7 that was simply stunning. Great car but I ended up moving onto a Golf R (also modified) that is a MUCH better daily and is actually faster (just not as pretty). I'm still going to end up in another RX7 at some point....gimme time. I'll be an RX7 guy till I die.

qhOGh57.jpg

I see "some point" has arrived...

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
damn nice house man! Oh and the RX7 is primo as well!!

italynstylion

damn nice house man! Oh and the RX7 is primo as well!!
That house isn't ours (and that's actually two houses in the picture). Mine is the driveway I'm standing in. And thanks, I'm pretty amped about the car and that I'm back in the rotary game. Guess that Mazda gear will come in handy after all!

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
That house isn't ours (and that's actually two houses in the picture). Mine is the driveway I'm standing in. And thanks, I'm pretty amped about the car and that I'm back in the rotary game. Guess that Mazda gear will come in handy after all!
LS swap it!!!!

CowboyTaco

At the time that was posted this was not in plan...not even joking. Shit went 0-100 really quickly and I ended up with a car in the garage. Golf is for sale lol.

sFmTjL4.jpg

That is pretty sweet! From the picture, it looks like the previous owner(s) took really good care of it.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
At the time that was posted this was not in plan...not even joking. Shit went 0-100 really quickly and I ended up with a car in the garage. Golf is for sale lol.

sFmTjL4.jpg
You can blame me. lol I’ve always loved that model. The others really never did much for me other than that 2 stroke like motor!