Tools!

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by Silverback, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Silverback

Silverback Known to eat paint chips

Well not like the ones on TW :) But the ones you use to fix stuff.. namely your rig. Rob showed me this very slick open ended ratcheting wrench (Alden wrenches IIRC http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00925791000P?prdNo=5&blockNo=5&blockType=G5 ) and I thought it was slick as snot. When I went looking for a set I stumbled across these. http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00950501000P?prdNo=16&blockNo=16&blockType=G16 Ratcheting line wrenches.. how awesome! Now Santa has two things on his list for me. :)

2. Mauzer

Mauzer Ohh yea, you gotta get schwifty.

Lol, I think my Christmass list is prob 75% tools this year.

3. yotarob

yotarob Kiss My IFS

I admit it, I have a tool fetish. Taking me to sears is like taking a woman to a shoe store. While mechanic tools are my biggest obsesion, I also have a thing for wood working tools and any kind of saw or power tool. Those ratchting line wrenches look awesome. I'll try to wait untill christmas.

Anathollo likes this.
  4. taco4x4rar

taco4x4rar Well-Known Member

I hate to say it but I think the majority of my tools have come from harbor freight, I seriously think I might have purchased everything in their inventory at least once.

5. fsbrain03

fsbrain03 Well-Known Member

A couple of weeks ago, I made my first trip to Harbor Freight and picked up some jack stands. Awesome place.

6. Silverback

I'm with ya Rob.. I have a tool fetish as well. I'm gonna try hard to hold out until Christmas for those Alden and ratcheting line wrenches.

7. drew02a

drew02a Moderator Staff Member

Pretty much everything they sell is a piece of trash. Good for a couple uses and that's it. The only time I buy anything there is if I don't plan on using it very often, or if it's a tool that's so easy to make, even the chinks in the factory overseas can do it.

Anathollo likes this.
  8. Silverback

I bought my tool cart from there and I'm happy with it. But for tools, no way.

9. bakerla

bakerla Man, Myth, Legend

10. yotarob

yotarob Kiss My IFS

Nice Baker, I have the three battery Mikwaukee charger & love it. I am really stuck on Milwaukee power tools, they are awesome & last forever.

11. bakerla

i got hooked on craftsman when i was working at sears several years back. the wife didn't like that every week i came home with something new. employee discounts rock, even if it's only 10%. i don't buy near as much now though.

12. Silverback

X2 again. I'm a big Milwaukee and Bosch fan. I've lost count of the number of Bosch powertools I own.

13. bakerla

14. Mauzer

Guess that doesn't apply to tool carts?? lol
    [​IMG]

That is pretty sweet!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  15. Silverback

16. drew02a

drew02a Moderator Staff Member

Nope, that falls into the "even the chinks can build one" category

17. Silverback

Yeah I was pretty impressed with the quality of the carts there. Thick steel.. hell I think it was thicker than the ones Sears had on the floor when I looked there. Roller drawers.. not bad for under $200.

18. yotarob

yotarob Kiss My IFS

Several years ago I spend a small fortune on my Blue Point (Snap -On knock off) tool cart. It has been very good to me, I have it loaded a to the gills with probably alot more weight than it was designed to hold, but I still feel that I over paid for it. I am happy with ALMOST all of the tools I got from Snap-On (exception being my 1/2" impact), but I won't buy anymore of their stuff simply because they are so over priced.

19. Oswego

Oswego n00b

Those open ended wrenches are great, but make sure you get a lifetime warranty on them. We use them at my work daily and they will wear out with use. You can tell when they wear, because they will begin to slip. I have a couple scars from using old ones.

20. Mauzer

Figured but I felt like bustin your balls, I'll prob get mine from there too...once I get a garage