Tools!

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Larin, Sunex and ESCO and few others make a few models of steel jack stands, without the cast iron.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I have some Sunex ones without cast... they are fucking huge though.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
I have some Sunex ones without cast... they are fucking huge though.

You have the 10 or 12ton version, I have a similar set as well, my set is very old, I wish I had 2 pairs total of them though, there have been a couple times that I needed them. maybe once a year I will use the smaller jack stands, Sunex does make a 3 and 6 ton welded steel ones.

Currently I have the Canplite RV jacked all the way up for a new set of tires by using its own scissor jacks, I still add additional jacks, doing an brake insp, one drum looks like it has a possible hydraulic leak and I need to repair 1 drum from debris that tore the electrical lead going to it.

Silverback

I have a pair of Sunex 3 ton aluminum ones as well.. but they only go like 15" in the air. Made for small import cars.

Oswego

n00b
Ill let you guys know how long the cheap cast ones last outside in the salt belt with a truck on them. Currently on test year 1.5 lol

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
I have used the shit out of the 10" pliers I bought a few weeks ago. Well a couple of days ago, I needed the small one to get to a bolt in a tight corner so I justified ordering these guys. :) It helped that I had an Amazon gift card as well.
20190619_182730.jpg

balakay

BabyMax
I have used the shit out of the 10" pliers I bought a few weeks ago. Well a couple of days ago, I needed the small one to get to a bolt in a tight corner so I justified ordering these guys. :) It helped that I had an Amazon gift card as well.
View attachment 15492

What size are those smallest ones?

Silverback

Looks like the 5" and the 7".

balakay

BabyMax
Cool. Didnt know they made 5s. I have the 7s and 10s at home and 12s at work.

balakay

BabyMax
Websites should have a way to verify your sobriety before letting you place an order.

Screenshot_20190622-092059_Messages.jpg

Silverback

Did you buy their overpriced socket trays.

balakay

BabyMax
I was highly inebriated and under the influence of coworkers with too much money.

Silverback

They are pretty.

CowboyTaco

Well, speaking of sockets. I did a thing to some of mine, and now I'm going to do it to the rest of them.

20190622_092455.jpg

I've been seeing people online fill in the engraving on their pistols. Figured I wanted to do it to my M&P shield, but wanted something to practice on. When I was taking the LCA off my truck the other night, I realized that I have to hold the stupid socket way too close to my face to read what size it is. The lightbulb turned on in my head and I knew how to practice so I wouldn't screw it up on my gun.

After putting the new LCA on today, it was AWESOME being able to read the numbers from a distance!

Silverback

Don't really have a use for these at the moment. Just know its nice to have the right tool for the job. Anyhow, they were pretty cheap on the ol Amazon and fuck they delivered in one day at no extra cost to me.

Link
IMG_7514.jpg

With water bottle for scale. Pretty large kit.
IMG_7516.jpg

Silverback

They're even prettier in person

I bet.. I have looked at them "MANY" times. I have a good set now which hold everything.. but those are swanky.