Tools!

Oswego

n00b
PM at my work just grabbed a Makita cordless hammer drill and 3 batteries for it. Tool was from HD and didn't come with any batteries. He bought (3) 3 amp hr batteries for it. lol Thing prob won't even turn on. Not sure if that should go here or local d-tard thread.

AlienXtx

Nignog
Not what you typically think of, but you can't ask for a better tool then this collection I just received.
20190716_073457.jpg

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Is that "Hooked on Phonics"? Bus edition :D

AlienXtx

Nignog

Oswego

n00b
Damn Skippy.
5 editions of service codes on these Cummins lol

When I see wiring diagrams my brain freezes up. Glass no problem. Add some wires into the mix and I blank out. Thank god all the electrical locks I supply have wiring diagrams already - if I had to make one up the building would burn for sure.

On another note picking up my Milwaukee set at HD tonight on my way home. I pray they aren't junky feeling and last a long time. I'm always suspect until I hold them - I should of gone to the store and tried them out prior to ordering but good ol hindsight it always 20/20.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
When I see wiring diagrams my brain freezes up. Glass no problem. Add some wires into the mix and I blank out. Thank god all the electrical locks I supply have wiring diagrams already - if I had to make one up the building would burn for sure.

On another note picking up my Milwaukee set at HD tonight on my way home. I pray they aren't junky feeling and last a long time. I'm always suspect until I hold them - I should of gone to the store and tried them out prior to ordering but good ol hindsight it always 20/20.
It's home depot. You can return them for up to 6 months lol

Oswego

n00b
It's home depot. You can return them for up to 6 months lol

That's good to know ~ I had no clue. Gotta get my other PM to return those silly 3amp hr batteries he bought for the cordless hammer drill.

Oswego

n00b
Initial fit and finish of the tool molds kinda sucks but they seem well constructed and thought out...except for the spare bit holders. Those are horrible and I already cut myself once on them so they got removed. Kinda sucks to not be able to hold a spare bit, but luckily I don't have to worry about 3 different screw heads like I did at my moms marina. Over the years I changed from Phillips to Square to Star so some docks had all three.

The sawzall is a beast. It's heavier and cuts faster than my corded sawzall and my 2 cordless old school sawzalls. Drill is much heavier than I had imagined and the impact is lighter than I had imagined.

The rolling pack box would be useless to a worker in the city. A rural or residential construction guy might like them, but they are WAY to big to roll around the city from job to job. Darn thing takes up half the floor space as one of our Knaack job box's

Anathollo

Staff member
Ordered a set of Knipex snap ring pliers. Makes it so much easier to take them off compared the junk Husky ones I used to use.
20190725_190956.jpg

Oswego

n00b
Good stuff. I got the guys third from the left and they have been doing me good for a couple years so far. Got tired of loosing snap rings when the POS pliers I used to use would never grab right.

Anathollo

Staff member
Good stuff. I got the guys third from the left and they have been doing me good for a couple years so far. Got tired of loosing snap rings when the POS pliers I used to use would never grab right.
Yeah I figured I'll mainly use the 90° pliers but the snap rings last night were small enough that I needed the straight pliers so I'm glad I bit the bullet and got those as well.

Silverback

I think I have that exact same set. Good stuff.

balakay

BabyMax
I've had my eye on that set as well. Just being cheap at the moment. Probably wait until my junky lair I have now break.

Silverback

I've got a set of ChannelLock branded ones as well that are pretty cool. I have them in 3 sizes and they can convert from expand opening to contract opening... so pushing the clip open or squeezing it tighter to remove it. The ones in the middle are set in the squeeze to push the clip open mode.

IMG_7771.jpg

Anathollo

Staff member
I've had my eye on that set as well. Just being cheap at the moment. Probably wait until my junky lair I have now break.
Don't. I was waiting for my cheapo Husky ones to break for years lol After my Husky ones slipped off this snap ring on my stroller wheel and sheared off a part of my thumbnail, I said screw it and ordered this set.

CowboyTaco

Don't. I was waiting for my cheapo Husky ones to break for years lol After my Husky ones slipped off this snap ring on my stroller wheel and sheared off a part of my thumbnail, I said screw it and ordered this set.

I'll recycle those Husky ones for you...

Anathollo

Staff member

Silverback

My Meguiars random orbital polisher/buffer took a shit. The rubber "grip" felt like one of those things a kid throws against the wall and it sticks and the wheel to hold the pads was shot. So in the trash it went. Replaced it with a Porter Cable, for the money and how little I will use it.. it should fit the bill. I looked at a Makira random orbital buffer and damn they are $$$.. like damn near $400 $$. I have the Makita 7" polisher/buffer but its not RO and its fucking heavy. So anyway.. here it is with some various pads and cutting compounds/polishes. I plan to try to get the paint on the Taco back to some what normal. :)

IMG_7816 (1).jpg

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
My Meguiars random orbital polisher/buffer took a shit. The rubber "grip" felt like one of those things a kid throws against the wall and it sticks and the wheel to hold the pads was shot. So in the trash it went. Replaced it with a Porter Cable, for the money and how little I will use it.. it should fit the bill. I looked at a Makira random orbital buffer and damn they are $$$.. like damn near $400 $$. I have the Makita 7" polisher/buffer but its not RO and its fucking heavy. So anyway.. here it is with some various pads and cutting compounds/polishes. I plan to try to get the paint on the Taco back to some what normal. :)

View attachment 16257

Should have just had @tex come down. Pay with beer and pool time.