Tools!

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by Silverback, Nov 3, 2010.

1. CowboyTaco

CowboyTaco Well-Known Member

Just ordered this kit from Home Depot.

2. balakay

balakay She ain't fat, bruh... She just a lil' thick.

I was looking at a new Milwaukee kit today. Just need my money tree to grow some.

3. Silverback

Silverback I'm not always a dick. Just kidding, fuck off.

That Rigid kit looks to be a good deal. Hell the Milwaukee bare tool cost for either is more $$.

4. CowboyTaco

I figured the bare tool for the impact wrench is like $150, so to get the other for ~$200 shipped isn't bad. I have plenty of batteries, so no real concern there.

5. achirdo

achirdo 2WD FTW

I really like that cleaver

6. balakay

I do too. Just wish I had gotten the regular size instead of the XL. Damn thing is longer than my forearm when the blade is open.

20191119_180741.jpg

Anathollo likes this.
  7. achirdo

achirdo 2WD FTW

Holy shit that's huge

8. Silverback

It will be easier for @balakay to slice his wrists this way. lol

9. AlienXtx

AlienXtx Nignog

That's what she said lol

10. achirdo

achirdo 2WD FTW

I knew that was cuming

AlienXtx likes this.
  11. AlienXtx

AlienXtx Nignog

That's what she said.

achirdo and Silverback like this.
  12. balakay

Was talking to my dad the other day about what he wanted for Christmas. I knew he had been looking at a new drill/driver set since he has the old original Ryobi stuff and he can't find batteries for them anymore. He keep buying cheap, off brand Chinese batteries for them that last a few months and then need replaced. I wanted to get him a Milwaukee or DeWalt set but he has so many Ryobi tools, replacing them all with new stuff would cost $1200+ and he doesnt want to invest that much in tools he'll use once a month at best. So I did some digging. Looks like the new Ryobi ONE+ Li-Ion batteries are backward compatible with the old blue Ryobi tools since they kept the "stem" design instead of going to slide-in batteries. So I bought him a kit with two 3.0Ah batteries and a charger. Now, as his old tools need replaced, he can replace them with new Ryobi stuff and keep the same batteries. I know it's not Milwaukee, DeWalt or one of the other big names, but his Ryobi stuff now is 15 years old and still kicking. At least this way, he can only replace the tools he uses the most with newer stuff and keep his old stuff for the once a year type jobs that arent worth spending a couple hundred bucks on new tools.

13. achirdo

achirdo 2WD FTW

I know a couple people that use ryobi tools. They wouldn’t last in a commercial environment but do just fine for 90% of people

14. balakay

Yeah he bought the 8 or 10 piece set about 15 years ago when he built his house and they're still going strong. Sure theyre not brushless and have as much power as new stuff but they're fine for DIY house projects which is all he'll do with them.

15. Silverback

16. CowboyTaco

Any recommendation on a vise that doesn't break the bank?

17. Silverback

18. Silverback

Sadly the price has gone up due to whatever.

19. achirdo

achirdo 2WD FTW

Fireball tool makes a bad ass voice that blows just about everything else out of the water

20. balakay

Damn I like that vise. Bookmarking that for when I finish up my bench for the garage.