Tools!

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
So the Milwaukee tape measure is pretty good for the money?
Yeah it's pretty good. I use this one all day at work. I love the finger cut out, the oversized belt clip (fits on my gun belt. Other tape measures don't fit), the flex tape is great and much more forgiving before getting permanently bent/kinked and it has an architectural scale on it. Also has measurements on both sides of the tape which has been fantastic.

Is it better than a Fatmax for hard use? Nope, the Fatmax is still King. But it's pretty damn good.

20191209_103306.jpg

20191209_103507.jpg

Oswego

n00b
So the Milwaukee tape measure is pretty good for the money?

The 6' is worth the $2 I spent on it and then some based on initial review. I also grabbed (2) 16' Milwaukee autolock tapes and they are OK so far. Time will tell how they hold up once I start bending them up. Right now I can make a Stanley Fat Max Autolock for about a year before I ruin it from bending it up during measuring. I use autolocks because I'm by myself 99% of the time. I also only use tapes in situations that I can;t use my laser on. My measuring laser is MUCH more accurate than some bent up tape.

I do not like that they took one side of the tape and marked it off with fractions because it throws me off after using regular tapes for 20+ years. I prefer a simple tape. Fractions are taught as early as kindergarten these days so I'm not sure why Milwaukee needs to put fractions on their tapes? If you are measuring something - chances are if you can't understand fractions you shouldn't be measuring or in construction.

Oswego

n00b
Yeah it's pretty good. I use this one all day at work. I love the finger cut out, the oversized belt clip (fits on my gun belt. Other tape measures don't fit), the flex tape is great and much more forgiving before getting permanently bent/kinked and it has an architectural scale on it. Also has measurements on both sides of the tape which has been fantastic.

Is it better than a Fatmax for hard use? Nope, the Fatmax is still King. But it's pretty damn good.

View attachment 19093
View attachment 19092

WOW !!!

I can't believe they put a scale on it. I'd much rather have a 1/8 & 1/4 scale then silly fractions. They would actually be useful to me on a jobsite.

I gotta wonder how many potatoe eaters those scales are going to screw up lol

Oswego

n00b
That's pretty neat!

I should buy one for my boss - he muffs up all his dimensions lol

Edit: when I get home I'm buying a couple of these.

Last edited:

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
that is some nice scaffolding!!

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Beats being on the ladder all the time, wheel locks work great, 30in wide so it fits in doorways etc.

lol
Protip: Don't lock the wheels and you can move it around by trying to skate it. Makes it easier than having to get down and move it.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Protip: Don't lock the wheels and you can move it around by trying to skate it. Makes it easier than having to get down and move it.

yes I know, but in that picture there is a 2in drop in garage floor.

AlienXtx

Nignog
Bus company shipped this in for us to train on. Basically it's a shortened front/rear axle set up with functional air brakes
20191216_112452.jpg

Oswego

n00b
if that mock up is the same quality as their hockey team you might want to hide behind some ar500 steel when you run it lol

AlienXtx

Nignog
Ahh.......

Oswego

n00b
Every time I need security screw tips I look at Granger, McMaster Car, my local locksmith wholesaler, and Fastenall. Usually none of them have anything I need in stock.

Same situation has happened to me multiple times so yesterday I looked into resolving it. Harbor Freight not only has them in stock they sell them as a kit for $7. My guess is it's because their customers like to break into things lol

I could be wrong, but due to their locations in impoverished neighborhoods.....I don't think I am.

Either way I got a good buy, even if I only use one bit once lol

upload_2019-12-18_13-39-44.png

CowboyTaco

Every time I need security screw tips I look at Granger, McMaster Car, my local locksmith wholesaler, and Fastenall. Usually none of them have anything I need in stock.

Same situation has happened to me multiple times so yesterday I looked into resolving it. Harbor Freight not only has them in stock they sell them as a kit for $7. My guess is it's because their customers like to break into things lol

I could be wrong, but due to their locations in impoverished neighborhoods.....I don't think I am.

Either way I got a good buy, even if I only use one bit once lol

View attachment 19240

I remember that being a decent kit. We had one when I worked for the university. Those security bits are how we protected assets from students.

Oswego

n00b
I remember that being a decent kit. We had one when I worked for the university. Those security bits are how we protected assets from students.

My guys needed the 2 prong style for a elevator lobby button cover. I wasn't sure what size and we only had 2 of the 4 common sizes. Last year I had similar issues with the glass standoffs at the Liberty Bell Museum, but I had time to order them in.

On another note this guy does some pretty intense product testing of construction materials and tools Project Farm

Pretty interesting to find out most batteries are made by only two companies