Tools!

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
The Milwaukee system really is becoming an entire ecosystem..
Yeah it's getting harder and harder to not switch my guys over to Milwaukee tools here at work.

Oswego

n00b
Most of their recent advances in the packout systems are coming directly from the aftermarket. They are doing a very good job at listening to customer feedback. Same for their tools it seems. Everytime I buy one within a year a newer model pops up with advances

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Yeah it's getting harder and harder to not switch my guys over to Milwaukee tools here at work.

The faster they get Milwaukee at work the faster you get it at home. Win Win

Most of their recent advances in the packout systems are coming directly from the aftermarket. They are doing a very good job at listening to customer feedback. Same for their tools it seems. Everytime I buy one within a year a newer model pops up with advances

That is one reason I am starting to space out upgrades. They are doing a good job with subtle but solid improvements on most systems; but sometimes the improvements are a loss depending on the user. @Silverback talked to me about their grinders as an example of that.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
The faster they get Milwaukee at work the faster you get it at home. Win Win

That is one reason I am starting to space out upgrades. They are doing a good job with subtle but solid improvements on most systems; but sometimes the improvements are a loss depending on the user. @Silverback talked to me about their grinders as an example of that.
I don't have the budget to switch my whole department over from Makita lol

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
My metal shop table rusts continually... if the side door is open the breeze pretty much blows right across it and when it gets humid the surfaces just rust in no time. I've tried to keep the top wiped down with WD40. Not much help. Anyhow last week I sprayed some Fluid Film on it.. let it sit. Then rubbed it in and then wiped off the excess. So far so good. I've left a few adult sodas on it without a Koozie and no rust rings. Now to see how long it lasts. One thing, it smells like shit going on. But the smell goes away not long after.

Got a rust ring on the table... so this stuff works.. just not for long. Watched this video and it seems Min-Wax might be worth looking into. I just don't want a "wet" surface when it's done so the other things he tests don't appeal to me.

AlienXtx

Nignog
I use this stuff on all my wood working tops and it works great. Just reapply every few months.
8128bSDfhaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
I'm gonna need to get another battery combo drill set instead of transporting this crap back and forth.

I did find a Milwaukee battery, a couple more boxes of ammo, the battery charged up and appears to be good.

PSU Taco85

Added a few more tools to the collection. I figure if I buy one a week I won't notice the massive sinkhole in my bank account lol

IMG_0634.JPG

Magnet holds pretty damn good, finally can keep some of my driver bits organized
IMG_0633.JPG

This was on my list to get for the longest time, I used to use the cable cutter or razor method. Tried it on some wire tonight and man it works great!
IMG_0635.JPG

IMG_0637.JPG

Bought this because I felt some play in the taco ITRE last week, thinking it might be time to swap out.
IMG_0638.JPG

Silverback

Bought a new turbo tip for my pressure washer. It came with this huge roll of Teflon tape.

2AB2AEE9-830B-42D2-920E-47A41241A0DA.jpeg

AlienXtx

Nignog
Screenshot_20210406-194028_Instagram.jpg

Oswego

n00b
Bought a new turbo tip for my pressure washer. It came with this huge roll of Teflon tape.

View attachment 33730
The company I bought my new pump from didn't use any tape on any of the joints. Kinda pissed me off when I fired it up and all my joints were fine but every factory joint leaked.

Silverback

Just frigging awesome.

CowboyTaco

I ordered some more Husky garage cabinets yesterday. Was a good deal-of-the-day sales price. These aren't the heavy duty ones that I was disappointed with the cheapness....these are the cheap ones :D

Hopefully I'll be happy with them since I have low expectations this time. I'm on the fence about ordering one more cabinet. It's $20 more today than it was yesterday, but still on decent sale. Yes, I know....$20 is $20.

balakay

BabyMax
Just frigging awesome.

Damn that's cool. Really surprised me when he broke out the table saw, router table, and grating. I would have never thought of that. Guess that's why I don't make stuff that cool.

Silverback

Yeah, the inserts for the table were slick. He makes some really neat stuff.

CowboyTaco

2 of the 4 cabinets came today. 1 is beat to shit. now waiting on HD to pick this one up and send a new one. the joys.

On the plus side, that was really fast shipping. though I'd have rathered slower shipping and non-bent metal.

PSU Taco85

Picked up a nice smaller set of 12v Bosch drill and impact set on sale for $75. Will be nice to have something smaller to use for taking apart interior shit and something that needs tighter space to get into. Couldn’t turn down that deal, and came with two batteries as well
9F246A3B-4FC8-4FCA-B8EF-DD8EEF109D1C.jpeg

Got one of those thread measuring things you see in hardware stores. Cant tell you how many times I’ve wanted to know size of a bolt where this would have come in handy. Mounted right behind the door to keep it from wasting any otherwise valuable wall space and to keep it from getting damaged.
00021D34-24F6-4EC0-8702-DB9A280D22AD.jpeg

Silverback

I have a very similar Bosch 12v set. I gave it to my daughter when I built her a small workbench. LOL Those little suckers are nice though.

PSU Taco85

I have a very similar Bosch 12v set. I gave it to my daughter when I built her a small workbench. LOL Those little suckers are nice though.

yeah I saw the on sale sign and that stimmy money all those porch monkeys got was just burnin a hole in my pocket lol