Tools!

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Hey the AF had Iron Eagle. I am sooo proud of that.

Silverback

Good deal on Craftsman, made in the USA, 36" prybar with striker on the end. $11.99, in store pickup only.

Welcome to Sears.com

Silverback

Probably why its cheap. I found one near me.

bakerla

Man, Myth, Legend
The Sears store I once worked at and would shop at closed down recently. I tried to buy a Kenmore dryer last month thru Sears online but had a horrible experience we cancelled and bought thru Home Depot. I liked Sears.

Silverback

The one near me is close to the wifes work. I was thinking of having her stop in and pick it up for me.

CowboyTaco

I used to be a fan of Sears and craftsman. Sadly, they seem to have done everything wrong.

The store is crap and the quality of tools has gone WAY down.

I've cracked one socket in my life... Not using an impact either... Using a torque wrench set around 80lbs. Care to guess the brand? In fairness, it was my father in laws socket, so no telling what it was used for previously, but still.

Silverback

I agree.. Crapsman of a few years back it was few and far between that you could find a "Made in the USA" tool (last time I was in a store they had a small end cap proudly advertising the slim pickings of such items). But Stanley bought out the brand last year and committed to start building them in the USA again. We'll see how that comes around. That being said, this item is Made in the US and appears to be a good deal. Now do I need one, probably not, I already have a 36" prybar already with the striker cap. But for $12 it might be nice to toss in the truck and use it to hit things with. :)

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
I agree.. Crapsman of a few years back it was few and far between that you could find a "Made in the USA" tool (last time I was in a store they had a small end cap proudly advertising the slim pickings of such items). But Stanley bought out the brand last year and committed to start building them in the USA again. We'll see how that comes around. That being said, this item is Made in the US and appears to be a good deal. Now do I need one, probably not, I already have a 36" prybar already with the striker cap. But for $12 it might be nice to toss in the truck and use it to hit things with. :)

It could make a nice spare to keep in the expo trailer tool box.

Silverback

Exactly

balakay

BabyMax
Craftsman is supposed to be sold at Lowe's soon.

CowboyTaco

Nearest one to me is in Denton (that has it in stock). That'd be somewhat long drive, though I'm never opposed to adding to my tool box.

achirdo

2WD FTW
Craftsman is supposed to be sold at Lowe's soon.
It's going to be a couple years before they sell anything made in the USA again. I've read a couple press briefs about it, they are going to sell the existing China lines for a couple years while they get USA production lined up.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Take it easy on him. He is still mourning over the loss of a 4Runner. It was taken out too soon; but it did it's job protecting the people inside.

But yeah - non posting mother fucker.

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
Take it easy on him. He is still mourning over the loss of a 4Runner. It was taken out too soon; but it did it's job protecting the people inside.

But yeah - non posting mother fucker.
He is getting a new one. Probably a trail this time

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
I am wanting to replace my tools in the garage. Then put my existing wrenches and ratchets in a few tool rolls I can toss in the truck and keep my garage tools organized. Any of yall have other suggestions on tool sets and or tool boxes that I should look at?

Looking at this set Klutch Mechanic's Tool Set — 305-Pc., 1/4in.-, 3/8in.- and 1/2in.-Drive, SAE and Metric | Northern Tool + Equipment

This one also caught my eye since I am also wanting a new tool box to keep things more organized. Shop Kobalt 347-Piece Standard (SAE) and Metric Mechanic's Tool Set with Hard Case at Lowes.com

balakay

BabyMax
I am wanting to replace my tools in the garage. Then put my existing wrenches and ratchets in a few tool rolls I can toss in the truck and keep my garage tools organized. Any of yall have other suggestions on tool sets and or tool boxes that I should look at?

Looking at this set Klutch Mechanic's Tool Set — 305-Pc., 1/4in.-, 3/8in.- and 1/2in.-Drive, SAE and Metric | Northern Tool + Equipment

This one also caught my eye since I am also wanting a new tool box to keep things more organized. Shop Kobalt 347-Piece Standard (SAE) and Metric Mechanic's Tool Set with Hard Case at Lowes.com

I haven't been a big fan of the Klutch stuff I've bought. The ratchets have been alright but their ratchet wrenches have been terrible.

I've loved all my Kobalt stuff except for screwdrivers. They're decent but I prefer the Klein because that's what I use for work everyday. I like that Kobalt set. I plan to buy it when I have the space.