Tools!

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member

Oswego

n00b
I have a few sets, have 2 sets of Craftsman (SAE and Metric) that are your standard wrenches, they work great. Have 2 sets of the Gearwrench with the ratcheting flex head. To be honest I have yet to use them although I need to replace an old brake line so I need to get them out. Finally I have a single Armstrong ratcheting flare nut wrench in 10mm which I've used a few times, it works good but not for super stubborn lines.

10mm ratcheting wrench it is. After 10 years of salt I'm sure Ill be fighting the OE front lines. I swapped the rears to stock + 2", but that was 7 years ago and after adding the shackle flip kit and longer shocks they are no longer long enough. Had to take the bolt off the hard line bracket and they still aren't long enough. Ordered some Crown lines last night (stock +4" in the rear and stock +2" in the front). Pretty sure Ill need limit straps in the rear because now my e-brake line actualtes the brakes at full flex. Need to look into that at some point. Also need to reevaluate my rear bump stop set up once the leaves I put on get broken in. Thinking king bumps. Time will tell.

Texoma

IG: triplecchopshop
10mm ratcheting wrench it is. After 10 years of salt I'm sure Ill be fighting the OE front lines. I swapped the rears to stock + 2", but that was 7 years ago and after adding the shackle flip kit and longer shocks they are no longer long enough. Had to take the bolt off the hard line bracket and they still aren't long enough. Ordered some Crown lines last night (stock +4" in the rear and stock +2" in the front). Pretty sure Ill need limit straps in the rear because now my e-brake line actualtes the brakes at full flex. Need to look into that at some point. Also need to reevaluate my rear bump stop set up once the leaves I put on get broken in. Thinking king bumps. Time will tell.

Be ready to re flare your lines. Had a guy with a truck from PA down here in TX and I snapped the rear hard line up top where it's already a super bitch to get to. Spray lube them over night, then when ready, use heat like mapp gas torch, then hold the soft line in place with vice grips and prepare to cuss those fuckers out. Sometimes tightening the nut will break it free in order to loosen it.

Anathollo

Staff member
Be ready to re flare your lines. Had a guy with a truck from PA down here in TX and I snapped the rear hard line up top where it's already a super bitch to get to. Spray lube them over night, then when ready, use heat like mapp gas torch, then hold the soft line in place with vice grips and prepare to cuss those fuckers out. Sometimes tightening the nut will break it free in order to loosen it.
Yeah the rears suck ass if you don't have a lift. I ended up having to cut my flare wrench in half just to get in there to loosen and tighten the connections.

Oswego

n00b
Helped a friend do his hungover once and we ran into having to re-flare everything. Think Rich may have been there for that one. After that I paid a pro to do my rears. He said it was a bitch and he had to take a dremel to the new clips to make them work. Should be fun. Truck had brake issues when I parked it 3 years ago so I guess my dabbling can't make it worse.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Helped a friend do his hungover once and we ran into having to re-flare everything. Think Rich may have been there for that one. After that I paid a pro to do my rears. He said it was a bitch and he had to take a dremel to the new clips to make them work. Should be fun. Truck had brake issues when I parked it 3 years ago so I guess my dabbling can't make it worse.
What brake issues? Occasionally I get one to lock up in the back. I have replaced EVERYTHING with all OE - including cables, backing plates, shoes, spring kits, and I have never been able to figure out what it was.

Oswego

n00b
What brake issues? Occasionally I get one to lock up in the back. I have replaced EVERYTHING with all OE - including cables, backing plates, shoes, spring kits, and I have never been able to figure out what it was.

Before I blew it up the brakes were bad. Front pads were low, but I think something in the system is fubar. I bled them all after running new fluid through them 3-4 years ago and they still would barley work. I'm going to attempt to put on new lines and if I have issues or they still don't work after swapping the lines Toyota will have it parked in their lot for them to figure it out.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Before I blew it up the brakes were bad. Front pads were low, but I think something in the system is fubar. I bled them all after running new fluid through them 3-4 years ago and they still would barley work. I'm going to attempt to put on new lines and if I have issues or they still don't work after swapping the lines Toyota will have it parked in their lot for them to figure it out.
Personally I would not take it to Toyota as you mechanic will be chosen when they spin the carnival spinner. In our town there is a guy that does nothing but brakes. If I ever feel I can't live with my brakes or I can't fix them, I will take it to someone like that.

Oswego

n00b
Personally I would not take it to Toyota as you mechanic will be chosen when they spin the carnival spinner. In our town there is a guy that does nothing but brakes. If I ever feel I can't live with my brakes or I can't fix them, I will take it to someone like that.

Hopefully I can do them, but I just figured since the trucks have been out for 14 years even the biggest idiot working for the dealer has figured them out by now if this idiot can't lol

Anathollo

Staff member

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
The best review ever. LOL. That was great.

Anathollo

Staff member
The best review ever. LOL. That was great.
I love that guy. He takes tools apart like my stepdad used to, same northern mannerisms too lol

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
36842248_10214790130802060_917410271465570304_n.jpg

Anathollo

Staff member
@Oswego thanks for the link. These came in last night.

20180716_201609.jpg