TOR Wellness

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
Fuck 2020 and fuck cancer.
Friend that had a testicle removed last year found out this week he has a swollen lymph node in the same area and if the next scan confirms what the doctor suspects he will be doing radiation for treatment. He is 31.

Mother in law lost her short term memory this week and has not been acting herself the last few days. They discovered a brain tumor.

Take care of yourselves. Your body is usually good about telling you something is wrong.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Friend that had a testicle removed last year found out this week he has a swollen lymph node in the same area and if the next scan confirms what the doctor suspects he will be doing radiation for treatment. He is 31.

Mother in law lost her short term memory this week and has not been acting herself the last few days. They discovered a brain tumor.

Take care of yourselves. Your body is usually good about telling you something is wrong.
Sorry to hear that man

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
It sucks for sure. Got some goodish news today that the scans dont show cancer anywhere else in her body. Doing a biopsy tomorrow and then starting chemo right away.
Well that's good to hear despite the initial cancer diagnosis.

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
Well that's good to hear despite the initial cancer diagnosis.
She had lymphoma 17 years and been in the clear for 15 years after chemotherapy so this I'd the 2nd time being diagnosed with cancer.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’

Completely understand ya on this, it’s been a bit crazy.

On the anniversary date of my Laundry Fairy’s father death from 3/16/19, her aunt(oldest elder on her dads side) was diagnosed with pelvic cancer 3/16/20, she is currently doing rotational shifts to help care for her aunt. The Laundry Fairy’s sister(48ish) was also diagnosed with MS in January and then her husband (iirc 47) is about to have his gal batter removed and some unknown autoimmune disease on top of that(all 3 smokers...).

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Sammich maker is now living with mom. She is being told that mom will be doing space travel soon. :( Feel very awkward since they have 8 children and they prefer to only have their kids there during this time.

I hate to say this but I sense some may claim its COVID and nothing could be further from the truth.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Sammich maker on her last days/hours. Sammich maker now living with mom. She has been one hell of a fighter. 10 years fighting one cancer or another. I would have hated being a VC and having had to fight her.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Sorry to hear this Roger. Cancer is a terrible disease. I hope she is not in pain.

Oswego

n00b
Sorry to hear of everyone's battles with the big C. I hope they do as good as possible in every scenario and have the least pain and BS possible.

Taco Loco

We’re been adding a little bit more turmeric in our diets, I think it has helped with joint/muscle stiffness/soreness or to some sort of positive placebo effect, lol, anyways atleast I know and think it has help me.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
We’re been adding a little bit more turmeric in our diets, I think it has helped with joint/muscle stiffness/soreness or to some sort of positive placebo effect, lol, anyways atleast I know and think it has help me.
Placebo effect is one of the best! We all know that hetrosexual blow jobs are the MOST HEALING but what the hell, even if the turmeric causes death, as long as we feel good about it, I'm good with that! lol

CowboyTaco

So reading back through this thread....is the stuff that Scott posted in the OP still the stuff to get?

As for the blue blocking glasses, I picked up these for under $20 just to try.

https://www.amazon.com/Protection-C...5&sr=1-1-f6b8d51f-2c55-4dc3-89ad-0c3639671b2d

I bought them based on the 15k+ reviews that are mostly positive. It took several days before I noticed a difference, but I'm still wearing them. I *think* they make a difference, but it isn't mind blowing. I guess now that I think about it, I don't have near the eye pain as I used to, so maybe they really do work. Anyway, better than nothing and inexpensive. They have one of the less yellow lenses that I saw.

They work well enough that I am no longer considering spending $150 for the zeiss glass.

Taco Loco

So reading back through this thread....is the stuff that Scott posted in the OP still the stuff to get?

https://www.amazon.com/Protection-Computer-Readers-Glasses-Shatterproof/dp/B00BQ7KBV4/ref=sxts_sxwds-bia-wc-drs1_0?crid=1490WZTXFN7D8&cv_ct_cx=blue+light+glasses&dchild=1&keywords=blue+light+glasses&pd_rd_i=B00BQ7KBV4&pd_rd_r=ec25a530-f2c4-4ee5-80cd-0a4052f3b1e1&pd_rd_w=xcEsI&pd_rd_wg=f2POG&pf_rd_p=99c7ce93-69a7-402a-ba4e-be326f866b88&pf_rd_r=DJHHPJAVB0HEVB9FN90X&psc=1&qid=1602074710&sprefix=blue+li,aps,165&sr=1-1-f6b8d51f-2c55-4dc3-89ad-0c3639671b2d

I bought them based on the 15k+ reviews that are mostly positive. It took several days before I noticed a difference, but I'm still wearing them. I *think* they make a difference, but it isn't mind blowing. I guess now that I think about it, I don't have near the eye pain as I used to, so maybe they really do work. Anyway, better than nothing and inexpensive. They have one of the less yellow lenses that I saw.

They work well enough that I am no longer considering spending $150 for the zeiss glass.

I have tried several different product types(7 or 8), that Kimpur for $20 is a great product, are there other products out there, sure there is, if you want a true CBD cream it will probably cost ya 2, 3 times more, Amazon does not sell true CBD products, but they do sell products made with hemp which has zero to no cbd content. I have no clue how well a CBD cream works, but if your willing to shell out $50-70 for a cream you probably should see a Dr. and physical therapist first IMO, cause it’s either you have manageable pain/discomfort or your just wanting a snake oil product to cue ya without seeing a professional.

Taco Loco

https://www.amazon.com/Protection-Computer-Readers-Glasses-Shatterproof/dp/B00BQ7KBV4/ref=sxts_sxwds-bia-wc-drs1_0?crid=1490WZTXFN7D8&cv_ct_cx=blue+light+glasses&dchild=1&keywords=blue+light+glasses&pd_rd_i=B00BQ7KBV4&pd_rd_r=ec25a530-f2c4-4ee5-80cd-0a4052f3b1e1&pd_rd_w=xcEsI&pd_rd_wg=f2POG&pf_rd_p=99c7ce93-69a7-402a-ba4e-be326f866b88&pf_rd_r=DJHHPJAVB0HEVB9FN90X&psc=1&qid=1602074710&sprefix=blue+li,aps,165&sr=1-1-f6b8d51f-2c55-4dc3-89ad-0c3639671b2d

thanks for the heads up on the BB glasses.

The Laundry Fairy and my youngest son just got new glasses a few weeks ago, I had them get BB filter or whatever it’s called added to their script, they have noticed a difference with the amount of screen time.

CowboyTaco

I have tried several different product types(7 or 8), that Kimpur for $20 is a great product, are there other products out there, sure there is, if you want a true CBD cream it will probably cost ya 2, 3 times more, Amazon does not sell true CBD products, but they do sell products made with hemp which has zero to no cbd content. I have no clue how well a CBD cream works, but if your willing to shell out $50-70 for a cream you probably should see a Dr. and physical therapist first IMO, cause it’s either you have manageable pain/discomfort or your just wanting a snake oil product to cue ya without seeing a professional.

I'm not shelling out that kind of money for a cream. My wife has been complaining about her hands a decent amount lately and I remembered y'all talking about how wonderful that stuff is. Figured I'd ask if that stuff was still the ticket.

thanks for the heads up on the BB glasses.

The Laundry Fairy and my youngest son just got new glasses a few weeks ago, I had them get BB filter or whatever it’s called added to their script, they have noticed a difference with the amount of screen time.

They aren't fantastic, but they are better than nothing. I spend at least 9 hours in front of dual monitors per workday + phone throughout the day.

Taco Loco

I'm not shelling out that kind of money for a cream. My wife has been complaining about her hands a decent amount lately and I remembered y'all talking about how wonderful that stuff is. Figured I'd ask if that stuff was still the ticket.

They aren't fantastic, but they are better than nothing. I spend at least 9 hours in front of dual monitors per workday + phone throughout the day.

her hands and fingers or wrists?

elaborate a bit more.

CowboyTaco

her hands and fingers or wrists?

elaborate a bit more.

hands and fingers.

She's been picking up side yards on NextDoor to have some extra cash. Plus, it allows her some time without the kids. She's got 5 regulars, so loading up the truck (which I try to do as much as I can since I know she is the only option when she gets where she is going), pushing the mower, weedeating, edging, and blowing. Sometimes trimming bushes too. So I think it's mainly the weedeating/ edging and trimming that is getting to her.

She's about as hard headed of a woman as you'll ever meet. I've never the first time told her that she couldn't buy something, yet she feels like she needs more cash on hand. It really comes down to she wants to do it....but then she complains about her hands hurting.

Taco Loco

hands and fingers.

She's been picking up side yards on NextDoor to have some extra cash. Plus, it allows her some time without the kids. She's got 5 regulars, so loading up the truck (which I try to do as much as I can since I know she is the only option when she gets where she is going), pushing the mower, weedeating, edging, and blowing. Sometimes trimming bushes too. So I think it's mainly the weedeating/ edging and trimming that is getting to her.

She's about as hard headed of a woman as you'll ever meet. I've never the first time told her that she couldn't buy something, yet she feels like she needs more cash on hand. It really comes down to she wants to do it....but then she complains about her hands hurting.

ok, it’s the repetitive motion, which causes carpel tunnel syndrome which causes pain in the hands/fingers, other causes can be contributed is tennis elbow, or prior injury in the cervical vertebrae C5-6, and/or the constant head looking down, does not help one’s health one bit, almost can be considered or creates a neck injury over time.
Looking down at Phones/digital Device effect), sometimes you can have a small bulge develop on your neck between shoulder blades, from your head constantly looking down into devices.... having good body/back/neck posture is important along with a few stretches prior working.

Also, wearing wrist splits that contain a metal plate at night during sleep, will greatly improve the strength, health of hands/fingers, the split will allow those nerves relax, and increases blood flow.

25E2F034-9235-4895-B0DB-11276C910EE5.jpeg
590D1585-E499-4A4C-90CC-E6B8CBA6273F.jpeg

CowboyTaco

ok, it’s the repetitive motion, which causes carpel tunnel syndrome which causes pain in the hands/fingers, other causes can be contributed is tennis elbow, or prior injury in the cervical vertebrae C5-6, and/or the constant head looking down, does not help one’s health one bit, almost can be considered or creates a neck injury over time.
Looking down at Phones/digital Device effect), sometimes you can have a small bulge develop on your neck between shoulder blades, from your head constantly looking down into devices.... having good body/back/neck posture is important along with a few stretches prior working.

Also, wearing wrist splits that contain a metal plate at night during sleep, will greatly improve the strength, health of hands/fingers, the split will allow those nerves relax, and increases blood flow.

View attachment 29321View attachment 29322

I doubt she will do that, but I'll suggest it. I haven't heard any complaints lately, so I'm assuming that it is better since the weather is cooling off and she hasn't done any in several days. Doesn't mean it won't start up again every time she does a yard.