Trailers, EXPO, RV, POP-UP, ETC....

balakay

BabyMax
Spray foam hadn't really crossed my mind. We've always used foam board for deer stands and it's worked great so far. I really don't think insulation is going to be a problem in this thing.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I would do both. Foam board with spray foam in the cracks.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
I would do both. Foam board with spray foam in the cracks.

This. The wind will get into every little crack and crevice. Better to be safe than sorry.

balakay

BabyMax
Wind getting in isn't going to be an issue.

Silverback

Where are the damn pics Blake?

balakay

BabyMax
I posted some in the BS thread after the last time I worked on it.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Curious did you consider framing it out and getting spray foam type insulation put in, that shits done awesome in my house

This! My boss built a shop with the spray foam and loves it. I have been over to it in the winter and summer and the temp is always great inside.

balakay

BabyMax
Made a trip to the steel supplier and me and my dad finally have a weekend off together. Progress continues tomorrow. Going to get the roof braced, back wall and door built, windows framed, and start work on the awning.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
07bf838233402263dbc68a51585d95c8.jpg

balakay

BabyMax
Looking for the update.

Not too much. Got a late start because my welder decided he needed to sleep in until 11am (I'm gonna fire his sorry ass pretty soon). We had to redo one of the uprights before anything else. Once we finished that we finished the roof crosspieces and framed the two side windows. Everything seems to be taking longer than expected. Just a bunch of tedious shit. Didn't get any pictures. Hopefully I'll have some notable progress tomorrow.

tx_shooter

Staff member
Good luck firing your welder. As for progress - sounds like you are going par for the course. All real weekend progress is accomplished in the last 2-4 hours of the usable weekend.

Silverback

x2 on things taking longer. I've started to build a laundry folding station for the mudroom so the wife gets off my ass about it. Was hoping to have it completed by next weekend but its going to be tight.

balakay

BabyMax
Good luck firing your welder. As for progress - sounds like you are going par for the course. All real weekend progress is accomplished in the last 2-4 hours of the usable weekend.

Making good progress today. Working on framing the back wall and door now. Should have everything but the awning framed out today and we can start hanging the exterior siding, interior wall paneling, and insulation.

Silverback

pics or it didn't happen.. now go get back to work.

Oswego

n00b
I sell IMP's (insulated metal panels). Ive seen a recent influx of trailer builders using them due to their low weight/high strength and low cost. Basically just .875" thick closed cell foam sandwiched between aluminum...but many different options are available regarding the cores and clads.

tx_shooter

Staff member
I sell IMP's (insulated metal panels). Ive seen a recent influx of trailer builders using them due to their low weight/high strength and low cost. Basically just .875" thick closed cell foam sandwiched between aluminum...but many different options are available regarding the cores and clads.

Any info on which models/ setups work better? Do you still recommend taping all seams or is there a better way?

Silverback

What does a 4x8 sheet normally run?

Oswego

n00b
Had whole response written out - dam website times out so quick not retyping everything again.

Check out these guys http://www.laminatorsinc.com/

Friends and family prices $8sqft for smooth in US28 clear anodized finish $6 sqft for textured clear anodized.

Sheets start 4 x 10 and go bigger

Hundreds of different options between clad/finish of clad/core materials (to many to list so see website)

Oswego

n00b
Oh and Ive never taped any seams in my industry (Architectural metal/glass sales). To much expansion and contraction for tape - we use caulk joints and structural caulk that compresses/expands +/- 50%.