Tx_Shooter's '87 4Runner Build

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Started getting some work done on the rig again today. The seats are taking a little work to mount in a manner I trust for what I am going to do to it. They should be done pretty soon though. I at least want the rig in a condition I can safely drive it around some to keep the motor happy(ish).

20180624_153450.jpg

20180624_161121.jpg

20180624_171416.jpg

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
96184F11-8114-4ED6-8523-3E9AA15A4DC8.jpeg

@tx_shooter this is for you.
Zoom in and read above the barn opening, I might have to change my future count down plans to everyday is my Saturday now and probably need to order one these.

02E71704-5209-49D2-8987-1FA3BD6DF6D1.png

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member

tx_shooter

Staff member
So now that I am getting my life balanced a bit again I have been looking at the trail rig again. The more I think about pulling/ building up the stock 22RE with a cam I keep coming back around to the idea of a 3.4 w/ auto swap. It would be a couple grand more but in the long run an automatic transmission would be nice and the power is an obvious perk. I still have a list of things to knock out on the rig before I can try following @the_white_shadow or @Boomtacoma01 around on the rocks; but I figure I will work on the final goal and build towards it. Links would get mixed into the list at some point as well.

AlienXtx

Nignog
20220116_171957.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

tx_shooter

Staff member
I am starting to feel like @Silverback -

1) lots of Milwaukee tools
2) no wheeling rig
3) Amazon just delivered and I forgot I ordered it

If I build that scrambler I just need a couple Toyota parts on it so I can take it to Jambo; right?

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I have a rig with lockers front and rear. :)

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I test them often.. when ever I drive it. :)

AlienXtx

Nignog