vBulletin: How To Add Pictures And Video To Your Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

balakay

BabyMax
Above the text field you will see a row of icons. Toward the right end there is an icon that looks like a picture frame and an icon that looks like a movie reel. The picture frame is used to embed pictures and the movie reel is used to embed a video.

29xgkll.png

Upon clicking the icon for the item you wish to embed an entry box will appear on your screen.

For pictures:
23wtdp1.png

For videos:
16jfurn.png

In order to get the URL for the video you wish to embed you can just copy the URL out of your internet browser and paste it into the entry box on your post.

25jv96b.png

2zrdnrp.png

For a picture you will need to right click the picture you want to embed and click 'Copy Image URL' and paste that into the entry box.

(Edit: It has been brought to my attention that Copy Image URL is only available on Google Chrome. If using Mozilla Firefox you will need to click Copy Image Location. If using Safari you will need to click Copy Image Address.)

A code will then appear in your post preview rather than the actual object. As long as it has the or
brackets around it, it should appear normally in your final post.

315j1nc.png

Last edited:

BirdTRD

beLIEve
Cool, thanks.
How'd you get to be such a geek at such a young age?
BTW, sticky this. I can't be the only idiot out there.

yotarob

Kiss My IFS
^ lol

I have tried right clicking on random pics, but don't see "copy image URL"? I do see "copy image" and "copy image location"?

BirdTRD

beLIEve
^ lol

I have tried right clicking on random pics, but don't see "copy image URL"? I do see "copy image"?

Yep, that's it.

Edit: Actually mine says "Copy Image Address"
GetDynamicImage.aspx

I just bought one of these too. Hee hee hee.

Last edited:

yotarob

Kiss My IFS
Bikini_Clad.jpg

sofia_vergara_widget.jpg

Looks like I got it!

Last edited:

yotarob

Kiss My IFS
Cool, thanks.
BTW, sticky this. I can't be the only idiot out there.

You are surely not! Seems as though kids these days have a leg up on us in technology doesn't it. I feel like a tard.

balakay

BabyMax
Looks like "Copy Image URL" is the option for Google Chrome. Mozilla Firefox says "Copy Image Location". I couldn't find an option on Internet Explorer for some reason but I don't think anyone actually uses Internet Explorer anymore anyway.

balakay

BabyMax

Electives in high school. Had to take something. Figured out of my choices, computer maintenance/science would help me get the furthest in life so I ran with it.

balakay

BabyMax
My "Copy Image Address" is Safari on a MacBook.

Cool. Sorry I don't have any experience with Safari or Internet Explorer. All I use is Google Chrome and Firefox if forced to.

yotarob

Kiss My IFS
Mozilla Firefox you need to click "copy image location"

balakay

BabyMax
Edited first post to include the fixes for Firefox and Safari. Let me know if anyone finds out how to do it on Internet Explorer as I don't have any experience with it and I'll add it to the first post.

yotarob

Kiss My IFS
I made it a sticky, nice thread Blake.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Cool. Sorry I don't have any experience with Safari or Internet Explorer. All I use is Google Chrome and Firefox if forced to.

Safari is really fast and safe for the most part. I like chrome too. It a lot cleaner. And yeah I only use firefox for blackboard. It seems to work best on that browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.