Vendor Hall of Fame

SamSter0077

Frack me..
This is good to hear. I am going to call them on my lunch break tomorrow and put my order in so it should be here in about 4 weeks. I will agree that they are not cheap but its cheaper than fixing my truck back to stock. I should start breaking my truck more often to justify to my wife that I need to fix it.
:lol:

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
Give a big thumbs up to TRDparts4u. They already had the best price on the kit and even gave me more off with out me asking. Gave me some tips on installing, showed me their personal rides to make sure the stance was what I wanted and just super nice. They will be getting business from me in the future.

AlienXtx

Nignog
Give a big thumbs up to TRDparts4u. They already had the best price on the kit and even gave me more off with out me asking. Gave me some tips on installing, showed me their personal rides to make sure the stance was what I wanted and just super nice. They will be getting business from me in the future.
I agree, they are awesome people. It took forever to get my set in due to back order issues but they were great to deal with and answered all my questions fast.

balakay

BabyMax
They are nice people. No experience buying from them (yet) but I did some trails with Jacque today at Bridgeport and he seemed like a stand up guy.

HomerTaco

ATO ---- Kevin did a killer Job welding on my sliders & my new rear plate bumper will stand up to some serious abuse! Fair pricing & reasonable lead time for custom hand made armor. :cool:

n0rth

Chase @ ECGS excellent customer service and warrantied my broken shit no questions asked
Softopper- warrantied a rear window that cracked in cold weather no questions asked
Wyatt @ Rock Solid Toys picked up a FJ transfer case locally and built it with Twinsticks in a very short period of time
Jonny @ Wheelers offroad ships fast and answers multiple questions
Fatbobs Ogden Utah-good pricing fast shipping
OTRATTW-best selection of switches and electrical
JT Outfitters-Decent customer service (forgot to ship an order of mine for 2 weeks) great selection of Landcruiser Parts
Bud Built- Terrible customer service/extremely long wait for skids after I ordered/would not return phone calls

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Chase @ ECGS excellent customer service and warrantied my broken shit no questions asked
Softopper- warrantied a rear window that cracked in cold weather no questions asked
Wyatt @ Rock Solid Toys picked up a FJ transfer case locally and built it with Twinsticks in a very short period of time
Jonny @ Wheelers offroad ships fast and answers multiple questions
Fatbobs Ogden Utah-good pricing fast shipping
OTRATTW-best selection of switches and electrical
JT Outfitters-Decent customer service (forgot to ship an order of mine for 2 weeks) great selection of Landcruiser Parts
Bud Built- Terrible customer service/extremely long wait for skids after I ordered/would not return phone calls

Good stuff - surprised at Bud though! I almost wonder if he now has someone else do all his work and he stays at the homestead and cashes the checks? :?

n0rth

Good stuff - surprised at Bud though! I almost wonder if he now has someone else do all his work and he stays at the homestead and cashes the checks? :?

I was surprised as well I had heard mainly good things about Bud but at times he is a little slow, in this case it took a month an a half for all my skids to show up and one of them was transfer skid was incorrect which I called about with no reply from him. I ended up selling them and plan to go with ATO, Kevin helped me out with figuring the wiring for the FJ case and left a solid impression with me that makes me want to do business with him and his company.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
I was surprised as well I had heard mainly good things about Bud but at times he is a little slow, in this case it took a month an a half for all my skids to show up and one of them was transfer skid was incorrect which I called about with no reply from him. I ended up selling them and plan to go with ATO, Kevin helped me out with figuring the wiring for the FJ case and left a solid impression with me that makes me want to do business with him and his company.

I haven't seen Kevin's skids. I have his rear hi-clearance rear. He may not have Bud's experience but he has enthusiasm and a good dude. I truly hope the best for him! When's Wyatt going to convince him to come to CA! :D lol

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I'm surprised by Bud. When I bought mine he answered the phone and answered some questions I had. Shipped fast as well.

Jandrews

Can notch another one for ATO. This was originally on another forum I won't mention, but I'll plaster it pretty much anywhere that gets Kevin business...I was a big pain in his ass for about two months with little tweaks and customizations...he made it all happen and helped install the shit to boot. Fuckin' badass...

Hi all. Just wanted to drop a thread on my recent experience with ATO. Some of you may have seen my build thread, but I wanted to do a separate thread on the armor install because there are a few unique items involved.

First, it's important to say up front that Kevin and Dave did a kickass job on everything! The products are top notch quality down to every little detail, and honestly Kevin sells them at a bargain. Other vendors would charge much more for quality of this level.

So, with that said, on to the meat:

Sliders: Weld-On Hybrid DOM

This is the first set of ATO sliders in existence. I had some specific requests, Kevin did a great job with them, and we ended up with a damn nice set of rocker protectors.

They're weld on, hybrid style, and being made from DOM, they're notably stronger than a lot of other offerings made from HREW.

No specific specs, but they're longer than anyone else's 2Gen DCSB sliders on the market, meaning coverage from tire to tire better than anyone else. The tradeoff? A small modification to the body mount is necessary. If you don't want to deal with that, ATO can easily build them to a different spec that eliminates the need to do so.

We had some dumb luck on slider width (I left it to Kevin to pick) and my unusual wheels, such that the sliders lined up perfectly with the outside of my tires.

These are the kinds of welds you want...stacked nickels baby!

ArmorSliderWelds.jpg

ArmorSliders2.jpg

ArmorSliders1.jpg

This last image was taken in a storage unit I recently began renting and am slowly turning into a garage. Excited about that. Dropped in this morning to adjust my coilovers back to correct ride height before the photo ops.

ArmorSlidersShop.jpg

Skids: Front, Transmission, Transfer, Gas Tank

These are some of ATO's better known products. The front skid plate is a damned tank. When Kevin says he makes the strongest 2nd gen armor on the market, he means it. You will NOT mess this thing up.

The rest of the skids are 3/16ths with incredibly solid mounting methods.

ArmorFrontSkids.jpg

I also wanted some gas tank protection, which was not a problem...

ArmorGasTank.jpg

Rear High Clearance Wrap-Around

This thing is awesome. I recently peeled my stock bumper halfway off while wheeling, and had dragged the hitch many times. It was time for that thing to go.

This bumper requires cutting the bedsides of the truck, but it's well worth it.

ArmorBackPassenger.jpg

ArmorBackDriver.jpg

So that's all. All in all, not a single bad thing to say! If you need to button your toy in the best, give ATO a call!

Last edited:

Oswego

n00b
Inducting Tim MacLauchlan who runs the JLM Wholesale branch in Plano Texas. If you ever need commercial entrance/security hardware Tim is the man. Just called him looking for some hardware for a customers emergency. He did not have it in stock but gave me his competitors name/number then even called to tell his competitor I'd be calling & to take care of me. Service like that is rare these days and thats why Ive been giving him and his company my business for most of my career.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
truth!

bakerla

Man, Myth, Legend
Good words for RCI Offroad. I ordered a skid plate for the 4Runner and a bed rack for the Tacoma last week. I got an email today verifying that I didn't actually order the wrong skid plate. They noticed I had 2 products for 2 different vehicles. Both items shipped this afternoon.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Good words for RCI Offroad. I ordered a skid plate for the 4Runner and a bed rack for the Tacoma last week. I got an email today verifying that I didn't actually order the wrong skid plate. They noticed I had 2 products for 2 different vehicles. Both items shipped this afternoon.

Yep very helpful when I bought full set of skids for the F150SCREW, multiple tracking numbers, I was emailed the wrong #s but they figured it out and spent like 30min on the phone with me and everything shipped quick

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
I need to send them some money soon

I made a huge purchase on RockAuto today. Wish I had had 5% off coupon. Then I'd be able to afford to retire someday.

View attachment 5866

Blake

I will pay for those wiper blades and buy you a nice 12pk of free coldbeer Praise Jesus, only if you show the trusted Tex or Shooter that you contributed at least 10% of your total income last year (2016).

2016 Original Employer W2's, box 1 or 3 greater amount of the two, times that amount that 10%.
Check that amount against the amount in box 12, retirement plans with any of these codes D, E, F, G, H, S, AA, BB, EE and/or an 2016 IRS Form 5498 original form an financial institution, showing 2016 IRA deposits.