Vibes after LockRight...

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by balakay, May 13, 2011.

1. balakay

balakay She ain't fat, bruh... She just a lil' thick.

Title pretty much says it all. It's only apparent when accelerating from about 40-45 and then again from about 55-60. If I'm just cruising there's no vibe but if I'm accelerating it's very noticeable. Any ideas?

2. drew02a

drew02a Moderator Staff Member

Drive line angle!!!

How many freaking issues are we going to have to sort through before y'all man up and fix your drive angles?

3. balakay

But what's the difference between my angle before and now?

4. taco4x4rar

taco4x4rar Well-Known Member

Just a thought but you might have worn you joints and flange into a particular pattern take your DS off and rotate it 180 degrees.

5. AlienXtx

AlienXtx Nignog

Nothing...its prob just the locker engaging under acceleration from torque. It's not always driveline angle Drewber, I know mine isn't..lol

6. drew02a

Nothing has changed, it just didn't matter before because there wasn't any slop. As Randy suggested, it could be worn U-Joints

Why don't you get a one piece CV shaft and make sure your diff is pointed straight at your t-case. If it doesn't fix your issues, I'll pay for it, lol

The only thing that leads me to believe it's not an angle problem is that it wasn't doing it before Kindra drove your truck.

7. balakay

Yeah I don't think it's the driveline angle. It's not annoying at all it's just noticeable. Nothing I couldn't live with. And there's no noises either. The only time I've even noticed my locker is when it thumps when I hit the gas.

And Randy, I'll try that this evening.

8. balakay

My dad actually checked my U Joints while we were reinstalling the 3rd and driveshaft and said they were fine so I don't think that's it. But I'll double check again.

9. AlienXtx

AlienXtx Nignog

get your wallet out, because its pointed straight at it right now.:p

10. Silverback

Silverback I'm not always a dick. Just kidding, fuck off.

I have a spare one piece you can try out. Just install.. drive around.. see if it goes away.

11. taco4x4rar

taco4x4rar Well-Known Member

Its nit so much that they would be worn out just that they have a wear pattern on them

12. balakay

Alright cool, I'm going up to Aaron's in a bit to help him pull his front struts off so I'll rotate my DS while I'm up there.

13. AlienXtx

AlienXtx Nignog

Hmmm :shifty:

14. drew02a

ONE PIECE CV! dude

15. texasislandboy

texasislandboy donde esta la NGAGE IT

guys.... man up its a truck not a bmw its gonna make noises and vibrate

16. balakay

There's not a thing on my truck that doesn't rattle, squeak, or make some kind of terrible noise. But when a new one pops up I have to figure out what it is just so I know something's not fucked up. Especially after tearing the diff apart.

17. texasislandboy

with all the crap that has been happening with the lockers on here drew the only one with a arb is the only one that didnt have to spend more money on his... just saying maybe thats what the cool kids do...

18. balakay

If you can find me an ARB completely installed from start to finish with the compressor and all plumbing done for the $125 it cost to buy and install my LockRight then I'll be one of the cool kids too.

19. drew02a

I went down the whole logical progression from thinking the auto locker was a problem, sinking money into ARB and regear, buying a new transfer case, then finally figuring out how to fix my "noise" which was driveline vibes.

Compared to all the other shit I spent money on trying to fix the issue, the driveline was super cheap.

20. texasislandboy

well i just smoke alittle crack rock everytime i get in my truck and its like flying a plane............