Welcome to the Hall of Shame

Discussion in 'Elite Off-Road' started by tx_shooter, Jan 26, 2016.

1. tx_shooter

tx_shooter Looking for my missing 10mm socket. Staff Member

Vendor was moved here after being ran off of other forums for failing to deliver the goods after taking everyone's money in a group buy.

- Zech

2. thekidcatcher

thekidcatcher even my YETI has a kill count

que?

3. Silverback

Silverback Known to eat paint chips

Elite Off-Road I'm guessing was ran off of a site then tried to make this home. Just a guess. Backstory anyone?

4. tx_shooter

I'll dig up the full backstory - but it was a group buy that became a rip off on that tard warld. There was no defense for taking all the money and then disappearing.

5. Oswego

Oswego n00b

Seen many people "kickstart" their companies by offering Group buys to tards when they have never even manufactured anything yet let alone have a shop to do so.

"Hey guys, 100 people give me $400 so I can get you a deal in 6 months" and they still bite. lol

6. Oswego

Oswego n00b

Watch our for Primsu racks. Guys ripping people off and not shipping products. When they do ship the fab is fubar.

7. Silverback

That sucks.. I was looking at those.

8. Oswego

Oswego n00b

Then I'm glad to have posted it. Guys in a "secret fakebook" group were losing their shit last night. Linked a thread on TW and it sounded bad. They referenced another Elite type situation. Dudes not shipping products or responding to inquires after charging peoples credit cards.....at the same time he's throwing group buys to new customers to collect more peoples money. Sounds like a typical pyramid scheme.

All hearsay so take it with a grain of salt - I don't know the guy or company at all.

Anathollo likes this.
  9. SMKYTXN

SMKYTXN Vendor Vendor

That's weird. I have a Prinsu rack and have met the owner (forget his name) in person at Rock Therapy. I wonder what's going on.

10. Anathollo

Anathollo Armorall is my choice of lube Staff Member

x2. Dammit.

11. SMKYTXN

SMKYTXN Vendor Vendor

Post the link to the TW thread.

12. tx_shooter

They did have a lot of group buys going at one time for a smaller company. Was it @unevolved that recently did get a rack from them?

13. Oswego

Oswego n00b

It's one of the Prinsu owners threads. I have no access to those accounts from work (on purpose lol). Thread is locked now awaiting the owners response to everyone's fraud claims. People are legally going after him for illegally taking payment via CC then not supplying any ship dates and being non-responsive for weeks after taking their money.

14. Silverback

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2017
  15. Oswego

Oswego n00b

I feel dirty following that link.... felt even dirtier when I posted on there last night. I just stopped by to harass a mod who thinks his sh*t don't stink.

Anathollo and tx_shooter like this.
  16. unevolved

unevolved Well-Known Member

Yeah, I got mine in reasonable time, and I was (am) real happy with it. I remember reading somewhere the guy was an engineer that was doing the roof rack stuff in his spare time, and it sounds like he got in WAY over his head. Wasn't able to keep up with demand and sort of just shut down.

17. Silverback

Thats too bad.. seemed like a great product.

Edit.. from what I've seen it's a great product.

18. unevolved

unevolved Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'd agree. Hopefully he can salvage his reputation. It's an elegant design, two formed aluminum side rails and a bunch of off-the-shelf 8020 rails and hardware. So I'm not super concerned as an owner if he goes under, I can always just buy hardware from McMaster that works with it.

19. tx_shooter

Hopefully he gets it all squared away and everyone is happy enough.

He does have a beautiful design to his roof racks.

20. Silverback

Yeah I hope he works it out. Truth being told I'd pay full price for one... as long as I got it.

Anathollo and tx_shooter like this.