Welding Cart Ideas

Discussion in 'Fabrication & Body Work' started by tx_shooter, Mar 5, 2017.

1. tx_shooter

tx_shooter Looking for my missing 10mm socket. Staff Member

As soon as I wrap up this roof rack I really need to get a weld/cutting/metal work cart built to regain some floor space and get my tools organized better. I am looking to do a tower with the welder and plasma cutter on it. The sides will hold the clamps, helmet, cables, and other tools. I am looking to add a drawer for misc tools/ hardware.

Here are some pics for ideas...

d558c0ecc3d1db0dd2bd1cc4bc7c62e9.jpg WeldingCart065.JPG 85f75a08378cbde3e6db7defb5b9b625.jpg

And @Silverback why have you not built this yet?
    FabWorkshop.jpg

So who has pics of ideas?

Anathollo likes this.
  2. TacoXpo

TacoXpo TLA

Don't forget the outriggers. ;)

tx_shooter likes this.
  3. Silverback

Silverback Known to eat paint chips

I've want to build one for a while but never got a round tuit. One of these days.

Round-tuit1.jpg

Taco Loco, Anathollo and tx_shooter like this.
  4. Anathollo

Anathollo Armorall is my choice of lube Staff Member

I was thinking something like this but I'll have the welder and plasma cutter lower to keep the center of gravity lower.
    unnamed.jpg

TacoXpo likes this.
  5. tx_shooter

The CoG low and at least 3" wheels on all 4 corners is something I am thinking will need to happen.

Anathollo likes this.
  6. PSU Taco85

PSU Taco85 Well-Known Member

subbed for ideas, i've got a cheap welding cart I got many years ago when I first picked up my new welder. I'd like to combine the welder/plasma on one cart as well to save the space and make it easier to store the shit. Gonna check around and see what ideas I can find on the interwebs

7. Oswego

Oswego n00b

don;t you have plywood to hang? lol

PSU Taco85 likes this.
  8. Silverback

8loVsjG.jpg XauAbPq.jpg nd0erXt.jpg s7yqttw.jpg tncNYMb.jpg xTRCSfv.jpg T4UXDxL.jpg

Anathollo likes this.
  9. Silverback

10. yotarob

yotarob Kiss My IFS

I agree that those carts are slick but holy hell somebody has too much time on their hands. It's a welding cart for fucks sake.

11. Silverback

IMO my HF welding cart is fine for my stuff. If anything I might add more hooks to the plasma cart. But I want to build a chop saw cart for my Milwaukee cold cut saw. I hate cutting steel on the ground.

12. TacoXpo

TacoXpo TLA

Bag it! That way you will be able to lock it in one place. :)

13. yotarob

yotarob Kiss My IFS

I made mine and the only regret I have is putting casters on all 4 corners. I did it to make it easy to move any direction with out having to back up and readjust. It almost worked, it's easy to move any direction except strait lol

14. tx_shooter

What size wheels did you go with?

15. yotarob

yotarob Kiss My IFS

It's been a few years, but I think they are 4"

16. TacoXpo

TacoXpo TLA

Personally I like to have one, two or three spots to hang grinder, cut-off wheel and flap disc. :) All of mine plug into that big battery I like to call an outlet. :)

tx_shooter likes this.
  17. Silverback

You know I see alot of custom welding carts with grinder stands built in. I just grab the cordless these days. The other 5 stay in the toolbox until I'm ready to "pretty it up". :) If I made a dedicated welding table (oh wait I made one of those already) I would add them to it though. Seems my welding table has become everything but... lets see.. my daughter does her homework on it... she draws on it.. thinks that its cool she can use permanent markers on it and dad just uses brake cleaner to give her a new canvas... its the area we all hang around when drinking in the garage.. its a collect-all for Amazon packages. But yeah, not much welding gets done on it. :(

TacoXpo likes this.
  18. tx_shooter

Give her time; I am sure she will start welding soon enough.

19. Silverback

I like the look of this cart. But I would miss the drawers to store things in. One is not enough, great looking cart though IMO.

IMG_5774.jpg

TacoXpo likes this.
  20. Silverback

True that... I want to get another nice welding helmet (my other good one took a shit and they don't make the replacement solar powered piece for it anymore... well not at a price I want to pay.. just an eBay price which can buy you a whole new helmet)... but in a year or so I'll have her give it a go.

TacoXpo likes this.