What have you done to someone else's ride lately?

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
I have lost count on how may we have gone through, BOB, McLaren (wish it had the BMW v12) and several others. We ended up getting a SmarTrike not too long ago and our Daughter and my wife love it. I like that the SmarTrike goes from stroller to push trike to tricycle and still folds up easily.
Good to know!

PSU Taco85

My buddy's wife had the timing chain jump on her POS cobalt engine because the tensioner malfunctioned. Got a spare car for $600 and swapped in the whole sub-frame and engine assembly. I told him to bring the cars to my place but he insisted on doing the work at home so I offered to lend a hand. When you don't have a lift you've gotta get creative. Got the engine in and most of the harnesses hooked back up. Man these cars are complete junk, that ecotec engine and the body look like it was made for a playskool go cart lol
IMG_2626.JPG

IMG_2627.JPG

IMG_2620.JPG

IMG_2628.JPG

balakay

BabyMax
My buddy's wife had the timing chain jump on her POS cobalt engine because the tensioner malfunctioned. Got a spare car for $600 and swapped in the whole sub-frame and engine assembly. I told him to bring the cars to my place but he insisted on doing the work at home so I offered to lend a hand. When you don't have a lift you've gotta get creative. Got the engine in and most of the harnesses hooked back up. Man these cars are complete junk, that ecotec engine and the body look like it was made for a playskool go cart lol
View attachment 16223

View attachment 16221

View attachment 16224

View attachment 16222

Is that the 2.4 Ecotec? My girlfriends Equinox has the same one. It just lost the exhaust side VVT Solenoid. I picked the part up today and going to change it Thursday. I thought the same thing though. The whole chassis and engine look like they came out of a Barbie Jeep.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
For one.. I am impressed he put the bricks the right way. Second, a question... HOW THE FUCK did he get it that high in the air? I probably don't want to know but I am very impressed.. not that that matters.. but hey kudos to the man. That fucker is a redneck engineer at heart!! Holy crap! Waiting for reverse donut videos of it done. LOL

PSU Taco85

Is that the 2.4 Ecotec? My girlfriends Equinox has the same one. It just lost the exhaust side VVT Solenoid. I picked the part up today and going to change it Thursday. I thought the same thing though. The whole chassis and engine look like they came out of a Barbie Jeep.

I believe it's the 2.2, I think the 2.4 only came on the cobalt SS. I felt like I was going to break the engine just looking at it, the car/drivetrain is the definition of a disposable vehicle, fits right into the disposable environment we live in haha.

For one.. I am impressed he put the bricks the right way. Second, a question... HOW THE FUCK did he get it that high in the air? I probably don't want to know but I am very impressed.. not that that matters.. but hey kudos to the man. That fucker is a redneck engineer at heart!! Holy crap! Waiting for reverse donut videos of it done. LOL

Yeah he def has some interesting redneck ways of doing things, I always go to him when I'm out of regular ideas and he usually has some wack idea that may or may not work but sometimes worth a shot lol

I have no idea how he got it that high up to begin with; by the time I got over there to help stab the engine in the gray car, it was only on 2 blocks high and we lowered it by using a bottle jack and switching from front to rear about 2 boards at a time until we lined up the sub-frame assembly to the unibody. Not sure this car is capable of donuts but I'll request it :roflmao:

AlienXtx

Nignog
#chevyproblems
lol

Oswego

n00b
thank god I didn't need to do that to swap my engine.

CowboyTaco

Back to the strollers, we have the Chicco running one with the "off road" tires. Thing is a beast, but it has held up through 2 kids and doing great.

AlienXtx

Nignog
Back to the strollers, we have the Chicco running one with the "off road" tires. Thing is a beast, but it has held up through 2 kids and doing great.
I had the same, good stroller.

Oswego

n00b
This post is brought to you by harbor freight

Stupervized a 3-4" lift & 35" tire install on a buddy's new to him Rubicon. My backs still fried so I wasn't good for much. Nothing beats working on things that are so new there is no rusty seized up nutz & bolts to fight. It's sooooooo nice. And in typical fashion we are working in an ideal location on cracked asphalt with a 20% slope lol

upload_2019-8-17_18-10-50.png

PSU Taco85

This post is brought to you by harbor freight

Stupervized a 3-4" lift & 35" tire install on a buddy's new to him Rubicon. My backs still fried so I wasn't good for much. Nothing beats working on things that are so new there is no rusty seized up nutz & bolts to fight. It's sooooooo nice. And in typical fashion we are working in an ideal location on cracked asphalt with a 20% slope lol

View attachment 16646

Ah so that is Kyle's new rig. I remember he had a white jeep, thought he just got a paint job. Whats the difference between a rubicon and the regular jeep besides the price tag? Locker, manual trans?

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Ah so that is Kyle's new rig. I remember he had a white jeep, thought he just got a paint job. Whats the difference between a rubicon and the regular jeep besides the price tag? Locker, manual trans?

Rubicon owners swallow.. you know hardcore and shit.

balakay

BabyMax

Front and rear e-lockers, electronic swaybar disconnects, Dana 44s front and rear instead of the D30/D35 that the other models come with. And hood stickers of course.

Oswego

n00b
shit if I know....I just ride in it. My #1 change is the 1-2' of length added to the wheelbase vs his old one.

Oswego

n00b
On the same topic - took that truck for a shake down run last night. The 4 door has a much smoother ride than the 2 door. Longer wheelbase is key for slow rolling whoops.

This 08* Nissan Pathfinder was bought within 2 months of my Tacoma and I'm amazed at how little rust it has compared to my truck. Guy lives 300 yards from me and makes the same commute I do.
upload_2019-8-25_8-35-29.png

Ive been through three sets of these dam lower shock bolts with less than 100k and 5 years use. Toyota should take some hints from Nissan. Their bolts are perfect after 12 years/200k
upload_2019-8-25_8-37-24.png

AlienXtx

Nignog
Guess toyota has went the way of Chevy, build it cheap and sell it for top $

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Guess toyota has went the way of Chevy, build it cheap and sell it for top $
No the secret sauce to Toyota's never breaking is that everything uniformly rusts into one giant part lol

Oswego

n00b
Best part is I'm telling my buddy he "has to buy the lower bolts" because "there is no way we will be able to reuse them" lol

Apparently Toyotas likes using soft lower shock mount bolts and it's not just the Tacomas. Ive never liked their design and looked into getting alternates but never did. If I had remembered that yesterday I would of grabbed one of the brand new Toyota bolts I had and put it next to the Nissan bolts - and if it was the same dims I would of gotten them and gave someone else my OE Toyota junk. Last ones I took off were 1/3 worn through the bolt and had to be cut out.

PSU Taco85

Best part is I'm telling my buddy he "has to buy the lower bolts" because "there is no way we will be able to reuse them" lol

Apparently Toyotas likes using soft lower shock mount bolts and it's not just the Tacomas. Ive never liked their design and looked into getting alternates but never did. If I had remembered that yesterday I would of grabbed one of the brand new Toyota bolts I had and put it next to the Nissan bolts - and if it was the same dims I would of gotten them and gave someone else my OE Toyota junk. Last ones I took off were 1/3 worn through the bolt and had to be cut out.

Could always machine your own :)

This video was extremely satisfying