What have you done to someone else's ride lately?

thekidcatcher

Woot woot! Thanks to all your help. My phone died on my way home, Im dumb enough to not charge the damn thing. I got home fine too. Truck has a lot of pep back into it. I can't wait to get the front done.

I was really happy we got the locker disengagded lol

Thats so wierd, my locker would disengage after I swapped out to the 4.56s. Had to loosen it and beat it some. Make sure you have that sleeve in the front for the ADD before you put it in lol

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
No it was a Doh moment on my part.. He hasn't done the gray wire mod so we put it in low to engage the locker... Oops.. 3.73's and 4.56 don't play nice together so it put the locker in a bind. So we rolled back and forth a few times to get it to disengage. Whoops!!

thekidcatcher

No it was a Doh moment on my part.. He hasn't done the gray wire mod so we put it in low to engage the locker... Oops.. 3.73's and 4.56 don't play nice together so it put the locker in a bind. So we rolled back and forth a few times to get it to disengage. Whoops!!

meant to type wouldn't. It wouldn't disengage until I beat it a bit

taco4x4rar

Meh i wheeled mine a couple of times at gilmer with the mismatched gears didn't hurt anything

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER

Nice!!! - Nothing a little water on the drive wouldn't cure. Well, let me put it better... Another winning alternative is wipe the tires with a good coat of bleach (all four). Then pour nice puddles of bleach under each of the tires. Start 'er up. Apply light pressure on the brake. Rev the engine just shy of the rev limiter and drop 'er in drive. Break in will be achieved after 4-5 cycles of the same procedure.

Silverback

Well we where about 5 houses down on the street. Option A would have been to just pull the locker motor and manually disengage. But we got it unlocked quickly.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Cool

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member

Silverback

Ordered new air filter and cabin air filter for the wifes M. Total cost.. $43, be here tomorrow. Stealership wanted $80 to replace air filter and $170 to replace cabin air filter! Granted that cabin air filter is probably buried in the dash somewhere. Probably requires a $200 wrench to get at it. lol

PSU Taco85

Silverback

lol

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
A friend of mine just got a quote to replace his sensors in his rims on an S class Merc. $1,800!!!! I hope it comes with a prostitute for a week! It is AMAZING what dealers get away with!

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
I'm about to change out a window regulator in the 7 - stealer apparently charges $1100 - OEM part is $325 wholesale so I guess it's not as bad of a rape but it's still rape! Aftermarket is $80 but I don't think I'll risk it! :)

Oswego

n00b
Did the brakes on my sisters 06' Sequoya tonight.... spent more time beating all four tires off the rotors than anything else. Thanks for the tips Rich. Ended up breaking the lugs free and doing a full turn loose then driving it into her curb slowly. The weight of the truck wasn't enough by itself and they wouldn't come loose even driving it a couple hundred yards slowly so the curb was my only option with no BFH. If I was smart I would of just had my brother in law come over my house. He had zero tools and a shitty jack.

Her rear pads were toasted into the metal and fronts had about 1/16th left.

Longest brake job ever LOL