What have you done to your ride lately?

balakay

BabyMax
So did it really go to the crusher?

I sold the body and frame for scrap. The motor, trans, transfer case, axles, and suspension are all in the shop. That's what Zech was referring to buying from me.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
tenor.gif

Texoma

IG: triplecchopshop
Hopefully you have good luck with those Icons. They seem to have rebuild and leaking issues lately.

Driver side has a leak, but for the price I got em for, I can buy everything needed to rebuild and do it all myself, and still be more than $500 less than new.

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
And my Tacoma is leaking motor oil from some unknown place. May have to burn it down.......

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
And my Tacoma is leaking motor oil from some unknown place. May have to burn it down.......

There is a crank seal that goes out on the front side of the 4.0 engines, pretty common problem, I had mine replace many, many moons ago, $150 dealer

Clean up the oil spots and trade it in .

How much for the 460?

balakay

BabyMax
There is a crank seal that goes out on the front side of the 4.0 engines, pretty common problem, I had mine replace many, many moons ago, $150 dealer

How much for the 460?

470*

I'll take $16500 as it sits.

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..

How much for the 460?

Well that could easily be it. Let’s hope for the best. At the stealership now waiting on the verdict

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
Winner winner front crank seal it is.

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
Fixed for now. Had some other maintenance done as well. New serpentine belt, new plugs, transmission flush and oil change. Should be good to go for now. May end up keeping it and buying a slightly used tow rig and keep this for a DD/hunting/camping rig.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Changed out my OME fronts for Icon res fronts.

View attachment 8905 View attachment 8906
@Texoma Keep an eye on your orange CV boot. I had mine fail because the plastic they make those out of waller out overtime. You can see how much bigger the circle is compared to the Porsche boot I got from SDHQ. Mine ran great until the end just expanded and then blew grease everywhere.
20161121_191012.jpg

Texoma

IG: triplecchopshop
@Texoma Keep an eye on your orange CV boot. I had mine fail because the plastic they make those out of waller out overtime. You can see how much bigger the circle is compared to the Porsche boot I got from SDHQ. Mine ran great until the end just expanded and then blew grease everywhere.
View attachment 8916

You got yours from CVJ? Or DIY? Those are supposedly high angle boots from CVJ.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
You got yours from CVJ? Or DIY? Those are supposedly high angle boots from CVJ.
They were the "high performance" ones. I got em from Offroad solutions.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I had those but they would not fit on the RCV inner CV.

6CFD2101-57E8-4FA4-A7D8-45B3982427A6.jpg

B82447CA-C2CE-461B-BDCA-A6C34244D8C9.jpg

Last edited: