which engine stand would be good?

murphyz

yeah I'm an Asshole, an American Asshole
i want one that will rotate on its axis and that is decent.

not the cheapest one not the most expensive one. only using it occasionally.

yotarob

Kiss My IFS
Just stay away from Harbour Freight & you should be fine. An engine stand is an engine stand unless you are trying to put a big block on it.

taco4x4rar

2x on skipping on harbor freight, I spent more time fixing that thing than I did actually using it. But it's nice and stout now as I've welded about 40' of 1/4" angle iron all over it and replaced the cylinder

murphyz

ok so.... where do i buy one? sears?

yotarob

Kiss My IFS
Napa? Try local auto parts stores.

murphyz

what about engine hoists? used a good choice? what would be a decent price?

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Well if you are only pulling Yota motors you don't need a beast. I would recommend 4 wheels or more, and at least a one ton rating. Foldable is nice, otherwise you need to find a place to store it. Total PITA. But since you only need it when you pull it and install it... rent one.

yotarob

Kiss My IFS
Rent one FTW! Only thing better is to borrow one.

murphyz

Nice. Didn't know you could rent one. Thanks. Any special tools for pulling a busted cyl. From an engine? And then reinstalling it?

yotarob

Kiss My IFS
Do you mean a busted piston? If the cylinder is busted then the block is fucked.

murphyz

yes sorry piston

cyl fucked=block fucked haha
well i should not short hand that crap.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Use a BFH and a wooden block.. pound it out the bottom once you have pulled the crank. Then take it to a machine shop for inspection and machinework.

murphyz

Cool will do. I get back on Thursday of next week. Can not wait to tear her down.