Will This Wheel Fit

H0LLYW00D

I am getting redy to purchase my new set of wheel for when I get my truck lifted, just collecting parts right now. For these wheels do I have the specs right to work with a 3" Icon / Dakar Lift and 285 / 70 / 17 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ tires

Konig Countersteer Offroad Type X

Width: 8
Offset: -10
Bolt X PCD: 6x139.7 108mm bore
Color: Black

H0LLYW00D

i ran a backspace calc and it said 4.1 inches. so if the backspace is smaller that the stock rims then they stick out farther than stock? am i going to needs extended flares to help cover the extra width of the tires then, i live in Alberta if that helps as i know each state is different.

H0LLYW00D

here is a calc with the stocks on the left and the Type X on the right
rim specs.JPG

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I think those are the rims the HBMurhy ran for a while.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
I think those are the rims the HBMurhy ran for a while.

yeah he ran those for awhile. He didn't like them because they didn't hold up well to offroad abuse.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I'm running KMC Enduros, HBMurphy went to the TRD "faux beadlocks".
TRDBeadlock.jpg

yotarob

Kiss My IFS
I think they will hold up to wheeling, just not off road ABUSE.

fsbrain03

I went to an offroad shop yesterday, and he was telling me that my wheel backspacing may be causing some issues with rubbing and clearance.

I currently have Offset: -12mm, Backspacing: 4.09".

He told me that i should have a minimum of 4.5" backspacing, and minimum of 12 offset, 24mm preferred.

What do you guys think? I may have some wheels for sale if this is the case.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
I think they will hold up to wheeling, just not off road ABUSE.

Yeah, Murphy said they scratched really easy (against rocks lol)

I like those rims, they look really good IMO

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
These wheels are fragile compared to wheels that have a beefier lip!!!

Just to be clear, I love those wheels, haven't sold them yet because I would love to put some rings on 'em. I really don't think rings would be the best either cause the lips are so friggin light weight - almost as though they were supposed to be made from steel.

They look great, are light (good and bad - seen them bust) and I don't wheel too hard - I just like to use the truck as I think it should be used!!! :)

Sean's KMC's have good beef on the outer part of the wheel - where they need it if you are going to rub up against some rocks - or curbs for the mall guys!! :)

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Anyone know where I can get some 'rings' to make my countersteers 'streetlocks?'

H0LLYW00D

These wheels are fragile compared to wheels that have a beefier lip!!!

Just to be clear, I love those wheels, haven't sold them yet because I would love to put some rings on 'em. I really don't think rings would be the best either cause the lips are so friggin light weight - almost as though they were supposed to be made from steel.

They look great, are light (good and bad - seen them bust) and I don't wheel too hard - I just like to use the truck as I think it should be used!!! :)

Sean's KMC's have good beef on the outer part of the wheel - where they need it if you are going to rub up against some rocks - or curbs for the mall guys!! :)

would you buy them again or should i be looking at a different wheel? i want to use but no abuse my truck both on and off the roads

I have also taken an interest in the Mickey Thompson Sidebiters as well

Last edited:

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
would you buy them again or should i be looking at a different wheel? i want to use but no abuse my truck both on and off the roads

I have also taken an interest in the Mickey Thompson Sidebiters as well

I might but not for any off road use - They are, IMO, the best looking wheels for our trucks but one rock and you are done. I would get something that has a beefier lip!

Sean, your idea of making real beads out of my current one is a very good idea!!! :) :) :) Any money that I would save on housing by moving to TX certainly would be sucked up by having to build a new toy, I can clearly see that now!!!

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER

H0LLYW00D

I was looking at the Fuel Offraod Octanes but I am also thinking about the MT Sidebiters, or what other ones would anyone recommend looking to get the lift and tires on next month.