XF 2.2 Update Soon

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
So the latest update will be getting applied later this week. There may or may not be a heads up before it is kicked off - all depends on the timing. Once the upgrade is started there will be a message stating that when you attempt to connect to TOR.

Once it is back online if you find any issues /bugs please post them to this thread.

See everyone on the other side. I intend to work on my plan for a Broken Bow, OK trip during the upgrade time.

- Tx_Shooter

xJuice

The 'clicking a thread title to go to the first new post' seems to be intermittent/inoperable. I think it was fine initially after the update, but recently it seems to be hit or miss. Now, clicking the thread title will at least take me to the page that has the first new post, but it only scrolls to, say, the middle of the page instead of scrolling all the way to the newest post. Not sure if it's system wide or just me :shifty:

balakay

BabyMax
I think clicking the title takes you to the first post you haven't read. Because if I go to a thread I haven't read in a while, it might put me several pages from the last page of the thread. If you click the time stamp the thread was posted at, it should take you to that post specifically.

xJuice

From a mobile device or laptop?
Currently Chrome on desktop/laptop
I think clicking the title takes you to the first post you haven't read. Because if I go to a thread I haven't read in a while, it might put me several pages from the last page of the thread.
Right, that's how it's designed, but doesn't seem to do it consistently.

Example:

I clicked the bolded thread title for BS Thread and it landed here. 1. That didn't even get me to the top of any specific post. 2. I have already seen that post in view. The new post is further down.

View attachment 36362

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Been reading for similar issues on the XF forum. Most all of the resolutions start with clearing cache in the browser to make sure there are no issues with cache causing pull errors. For some reason my work phone (with a thousand restrictions) is glitchy on the forum but I figure that is due to policies and weird browser they push us to use.

CowboyTaco

I have noticed that on several occasions when I click a link in a notification that it takes me to several posts above the linked post. Not a big deal, as I just scroll down. Still annoying though.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Yeah, same here. Its pretty much every time I click a link it drops me off several posts above. Even if I go back and try again.