Yotarob's 86 4runner build

yotarob

Kiss My IFS
My good buddy Keith happened to be in Houston yesterday & he stopped & picked me up an ammo can to use as a center console. The damn thing fits PERFECTLLY between the front seats & the heigth is just right for an arm rest. I have more plans for this project but for now it is fine just like it is.

864runner212.jpg

864runner213.jpg

yotarob

Kiss My IFS
I see Josh likes to work in his undies just like his daddy....lol

You know it man, it gets pretty hot in the garage. Much more pleasant when your balls aren't stuck to your leg.

AlienXtx

Nignog
Nasty man, that box did turn out nice. It will look even better with the pad your going to build. I'm going to sand and paint those other two boxes today sometime.

yotarob

Kiss My IFS
UPS just dropped off the wheels spacers. Thanks Drew, Randy, Sean or whoever is loaning me these. Hopefully I can put the front tires back on tonight.

taco4x4rar

UPS just dropped off the wheels spacers. Thanks Drew, Randy, Sean or whoever is loaning me these. Hopefully I can put the front tires back on tonight.

There is a loaner to loaner surcharge ya know:cool:

yotarob

Kiss My IFS
There is a loaner to loaner surcharge ya know:cool:

I cleaned them up real good if that counts. They look brand spanking new now that I bead blasted them. I also cleaned up the threads & got all of the dried up lock tight off of them.

yotarob

Kiss My IFS
Cool man, I'll either call you here in about an hour, or closer to 8 O'clock. I gotta run home & see what the wife & kids are up to before I tell you to head on over. I'll stop & get some beer on my way home.

balakay

BabyMax
I'll be in town Thursday night. More than willing to come help out, Rob.

yotarob

Kiss My IFS
I'll be in town Thursday night. More than willing to come help out, Rob.

Sounds great, either give me a call Thursday after 7 pm or I'll call you if I don't hear from you.

yotarob

Kiss My IFS
Todd & Andy came over last night to help me make some progress on the 4runner. Thanks guys! We got a bunch of stuff done. First off I bead blasted the wheel spacers I got on loan & installed them, finally was able to get it off of the jack stands.

864runner218.jpg

We installed the new idler arm & then set out to bleed the brakes. The rears where giving us some trouble so we decided to pull the drums & try to adjust them. Found that the lovely mud from Alto had gotten into the drums & destroyed my brake shoes. A quick trip to Oreily's an $12.99 later & we where swapping out brake shoes.

Before
864runner221.jpg

After: brake pedal feels much better now.
864runner220.jpg

It's pretty hard to get a good pic of the trucks new stance with the BJ spacers in the garage, but it looks really good. I ended up making the spacers 1-7/8" tall, but my measurement from the ground to the bottom of the front fender went from 35-1/4" to 37-7/8". I 'm sure it will settle some. I haven't installed the rear shackles, but after we disscussed it last night, we all agree that the stance looks good as is. I am thinking about removing the AAL & then putting the Shackles in.

864runner223.jpg

This pic shows how far the front wheels stick out with the wheel spacers, I know have plenty of clerance between the tires & the UCA.
864runner222.jpg

Last edited:

AlienXtx

Nignog
So it ended up looking good without the shackels, I thought that rear looked alittle higher then stock so I guess my uncle did put in a AAL to take care of that factory sag.

yotarob

Kiss My IFS
So it ended up looking good without the shackels, I thought that rear looked alittle higher then stock so I guess my uncle did put in a AAL to take care of that factory sag.

I'll let you be the judge as to how it looks with out the shackles, It does for 100% sure already have an AAL in the rear. I added the best pic I could get in the post above, look at the relationship between the rubber side molding & the rear wheel well vs. the front wheel well. Bro rake????

yotarob

Kiss My IFS
Do you guys remember after my last wheeling trip that my rear bumper made the trip home in the bed of my Tacoma?
864runner119.jpg

The bumper brackets bent and the bumper went right under the 4runner, well I have another wheeling trip to the same park coming this weekend & I really wanted to get the rear bumper back on to protect the body, even if it was just rigged. I plan on making new, heavier duty bumper but I just don't have time to get it done. So I took the twisted brackets & straitened them the best I could in a hydraulic press & then welded on some braces. I also cut about 2" off of the end that mounts to the bumper & drilled new holes to hoefully have it sit higher & tighter to the body as compared to the next pic. Took about 45 minutes to fix both of them. Before you guys die laughing, just remember that it was this or no rear bumper at all. I'll go back & fix it right soon...I promise. Thanks Todd for all of the help fixing them, don't think that I am trying to make fun of them myself, I'm just glad that I can use the bumper.

864runner082.jpg

Here they are booty fab at it's best. I'll slap the bumper back on tonight.
864runner224.jpg

Last edited:

yotarob

Kiss My IFS
Not a good night of wrenching. I did more damage than good, looks like I have some "bugs" to work out now.

Jason, I have decided to go with 63" Chevy rear springs. They work great, are cheap & available.