Battery Finds

PSU Taco85

Copy - I will read up. I'm curious now. Thanks
I've had the ACR for 5 years now. I usually keep my dual batteries synced together all the time unless I'm going to go camping and use the fridge and such. I feel that it keeps the two batteries equalized better. The ACR has an override to keep the two joined together all the time, it has an auto function (senses when battery voltage drops below what the alternator charges at) and an override to keep them isolated. I've been more than happy with it, and it is a mechanically latching relay so if it loses power it doesn't need to remain energized to be synched or disconnected, just power to change state. There's also a mechanical manual over ride on the switch itself.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER

PSU Taco85

Also, my dual deka batteries went out on the super duty so I went ahead and tried some interstate MTP-65 batteries for the diesel. At 850CCA and a 5 year warranty I have heard they got good reviews, I guess time will tell.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
I've had the ACR for 5 years now. I usually keep my dual batteries synced together all the time unless I'm going to go camping and use the fridge and such. I feel that it keeps the two batteries equalized better. The ACR has an override to keep the two joined together all the time, it has an auto function (senses when battery voltage drops below what the alternator charges at) and an override to keep them isolated. I've been more than happy with it, and it is a mechanically latching relay so if it loses power it doesn't need to remain energized to be synched or disconnected, just power to change state. There's also a mechanical manual over ride on the switch itself.
That's what I am using.
I may have to spring for one some day!! :)

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
You can get them MUCH cheaper. IIRC I got mine from VatoZone (decent prices actually and free shipping) and it was WAY below the MSRP. 31-PC2150S

0939DA33-D145-4E0F-8F69-FE127AB283D7.jpg

PSU Taco85

At their price or the $267 (with tax)?

Their price, $267 isn't too bad. I was looking at the replacement price of the yellow top group 34s I have and they are about the same ($275). I'm sure there are rebates and such where you can save a few bucks but I can't believe how expensive batteries are nonetheless. I need to invest in some battery stocks lol

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Wow! I must have had a Baja hangover - the warranty is only 2 years!!! WTF. Oh well, I am very hopeful that I will get 4 year at the very least. And if not, so be it at this point in time. It looks good! lol

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Lawd Im going to hell if I told how I only pay for one battery but end up up with two.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
View attachment 6332

I could not believe it, the battery was still under warranty 5 years, $28.58 towards prorated.
I bought the same battery again;
Duralast Gold Battery, 710 CCA, 890 CA, 165 reserve minutes

After 10% off for Veteran discount ;), total of $101.96 with the corrosion rings and little pack of dielectric grease.

Then a rebate printed off for another $20:biggrin:, and $20 is $20, so my new 5yr battery will cost $81.96:cool:

View attachment 6333
Twice the cost now!