Items That Need to Be Reviewed by Silverback

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member

Anathollo

Staff member
That is a bargin compared to lift/suspension/tires to get that kind of clearance.
Exactly...it's definitely better than just throwing some solid axles underneath /s

Anathollo

Staff member

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Ahh.. they are back in stock! I looked at those about a year ago but they have been out of stock forever.

PSU Taco85

I’ve wondered about them. A tie rod is about $30, so I think I’d rather just replace that a few times over instead of the rack now being the fuse. Wonder what breaks next if they are sleeved, I assume the inner tie rod?

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
It's like my RCV axles... no more easy to replace fuse-able link with a CV axle. Now its a diff.

Anathollo

Staff member
I’ve wondered about them. A tie rod is about $30, so I think I’d rather just replace that a few times over instead of the rack now being the fuse. Wonder what breaks next if they are sleeved, I assume the inner tie rod?
This is what they claim on the website: "These simply replace your outer tie rod end jam nut, still allowing the tie rod to be the "fuse" in the steering assembly while still offering a bump in strength and reliability."

PSU Taco85

This is what they claim on the website: "These simply replace your outer tie rod end jam nut, still allowing the tie rod to be the "fuse" in the steering assembly while still offering a bump in strength and reliability."

i guess I’d be interested in some real world experience meaning what got damaged finally when it took a hard hit against a rock or a locked front. Was the outer tie rod indeed the first to go or what broke.

PSU Taco85

How much of a strength increase are you really getting from a jam nut upgrade? Sounds like a nice marketing win.

"More strength with the same weak fuse"

IMG_1496.jpeg

Anathollo

Staff member
lol This is why I want @Silverback to review it. It's "supposed to help" if you have a locked front diff.