Moab & Colorado June 23rd-July 4th 2016

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
This is an early start for an ambitious trip. I'd like to take a 9 day trip, Saturday-next Sunday to both Utah and Colorado. My current plans are to leave Houston Friday afternoon, camp out in San Antonio, and then head to Moab from there.

Utah
I'd like to hit a few of the harder Moab trails and then do a couple of trails that are mixed with wheeling and hiking. There are a couple of trails that you wheel half a day and then hike the rest of the day. I purchased a Moab trail book and will update this thread with a list of available trails when I get home from work.
I'm planning on camping out on public land and only going into town for supplies.

Colorado
After spending 3-4 days in Moab, I’d like to head back to Texas but go through Colorado on the way back. I want to wheel Poughkeepsie Gulch and Imogene Pass again since both of those trails are amazing. I’m planning on camping on Engineer Pass since there are some decent campsites along the trail to stay away from the main campsites.

Pending dates are for summer of 2016 right now. The month of June or the first week of August work for me.

I'd like to keep the group smallish so we can do more without waiting for a lot of people. I will be moving at a quick pace so we can do the most we can with the limited amount of time we have.

So…Who’s in?

As of 5/17/16
1. Anathollo
2. thekidcatcher-
3. BirdTRD (meetup in Colorado?)

Pics for motivation:

Poughkeepsie Gulch

Engineer Pass

Imogene Pass

Last edited:

Anathollo

Staff member
Saved

Anathollo

Staff member
Saved2

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
You can tentatively count me in. I hope that my sea legs will have subsided and that my landlubber legs will be good. :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4116.jpg
    IMG_4116.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3975.jpg
    IMG_3975.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 67

Anathollo

Staff member
Nice! Added to the list

Anathollo

Staff member
I want to go so bad... And I have a working rig (FJ)

Now to just convince the wife that her and Blakely need to go :)

Why not the 4runner?

Anathollo

Staff member
Talked to kidcatcher and he is down for June now.

I updated the list on page 1. Added SecretSquirrel to get him motivated for this trip. :)

Anathollo

Staff member
I want to go so bad... And I have a working rig (FJ)

Now to just convince the wife that her and Blakely need to go :)

Where are you at on this drew? The earlier you start convincing the better...

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I told the wife about it and she said "Lets go". Now her saying lets go and us going are two different animals all together. But its a start.

Anathollo

Staff member
I told the wife about it and she said "Lets go". Now her saying lets go and us going are two different animals all together. But its a start.

Nice! Now draw up a contract and get her to sign and commit to it lol

Anathollo

Staff member
More likely than usual

Sweet! I keep showing my wife pics of Utah to get her excited. Also bought her a pair of Solomon hiking boots for the trip as well.