The BS Thread v2

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Looking for recommendations on work boots. Leather workboot, mid to 6in tall boot, non steel toe. I'm leaning towards Wolverine ultraspring type boot.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Using them on/off the tractor or walking the property? I like a good full sole wedge for concrete and tractor use but a traditional jungle boot type of field use.

Taco Loco

Using them on/off the tractor or walking the property? I like a good full sole wedge for concrete and tractor use but a traditional jungle boot type of field use.

More on the ground/concrete, cause it never rains here, lol. I think we got 2min of mist this morning. I threw out all my desert/jungle boots, they retain Cactus throns, leather sides for sure.

tx_shooter

Staff member
I was hoping you got some of the rain we got up in north central Texas. Parts of my county got 4" of rain in 6 hours. But for boots; I would look at these Wolverine's or similar. The full sole is really good on your feet for walking and hard surfaces. I have even started wearing full wedge soles like that for "regular" boots; they are just comfortable. My knees feel much better after a day of walking in these vs traditional soled boots.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Looking for recommendations on work boots. Leather workboot, mid to 6in tall boot, non steel toe. I'm leaning towards Wolverine ultraspring type boot.
Redwings have been my go to work boot. You just need to oil them regularly, especially if you're getting into mud or water a lot.

Taco Loco

Ok, I ended ordering these, I do like the durashock soles, I went ahead selected the carbon toes, figured the protected toe would probably better when I'm working around the cattle. Wolverine had $40 off coupon(BUYMORE) and Paypal had an instant $10 off coupon.
Total was $141.50 shipped.

Attachments

• boots.JPG
    boots.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 1
  • boots1.JPG
    boots1.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 1
  • boots2.JPG
    boots2.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 1

tx_shooter

Staff member
I am happy to see this kind of operation happening but also people have to understand $100k of fishing gear could have been one boat and trailer. It is good to see that game wardens are doing what they can about boat theft though.

Taco Loco

Thorogood has always treated me well

Those look like solid made boots. Very similar to Carolinas. I had a couple pairs of boots in the past with the Goodyear soles. They are tough soles, and not as comfortable as other type of soles.

I was hoping you got some of the rain we got up in north central Texas. Parts of my county got 4" of rain in 6 hours. But for boots; I would look at these Wolverine's or similar. The full sole is really good on your feet for walking and hard surfaces. I have even started wearing full wedge soles like that for "regular" boots; they are just comfortable. My knees feel much better after a day of walking in these vs traditional soled boots.

April rain totals; April 10th got .75in, and this past Saturday & Sunday, a trace/spit or rain, not measurable.

I noticed wolverine made a boot that looks half hiker, half work boot, I might give those a try as well.

SecretSquirrel

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Staff member
I am happy to see this kind of operation happening but also people have to understand $100k of fishing gear could have been one boat and trailer. It is good to see that game wardens are doing what they can about boat theft though.

A single bass boat motor can be worth 30k as well

balakay

BabyMax
A single bass boat motor can be worth 30k as well
Yeah, guy at work just bought a USED bass boat and paid $96k for it. Has $25k worth of electronics on it. His main graph is an 18” screen. I’ll never be able to fathom spending that kind of money to fish a fucking lake. He says “but I win money at the tournaments” but if you ask him about it he barely wins enough to offset the cost of tournament entry, diesel, etc for the tournament, let alone win anything to pay toward his $200k worth of truck and trailer or the $1000+ rod and reel setups he’s using.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Yeah, guy at work just bought a USED bass boat and paid $96k for it. Has $25k worth of electronics on it. His main graph is an 18” screen. I’ll never be able to fathom spending that kind of money to fish a fucking lake. He says “but I win money at the tournaments” but if you ask him about it he barely wins enough to offset the cost of tournament entry, diesel, etc for the tournament, let alone win anything to pay toward his $200k worth of truck and trailer or the $1000+ rod and reel setups he’s using.
Yep, my brother has two fully loaded fishing boats (one shallow and one deep water) and he's so busy at work that he literally never has time to use them so the shallow fishing boat just sits in his driveway and he pays a dock fee for the deep water boat.

My furniture contractor I use at work has a badass bowfishing boat but he also never has time to use it. He's at least $60-$75k into it not including all of his bow setups.