The Home Improvement Thread

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Hell I'll let them pay me $15M for it. If that's less then I can deal with it. lol

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Hell I'll let them pay me $15M for it. If that's less then I can deal with it. lol
lol I will say that every listing I take, I compare what the comparables sold for and what Zillow said they were worth. They are getting closer - typically within about 4-6% in my market. Now when it comes to negotiations and managing transactions - not the company I would trust. :)

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
I'm gonna sell it for the low low price of $14M.. any takers? lol

I guess the pool really did add value!
lol - Yeah, your place is probably only worth $13.5M. :) All you need to do is to move it to Malibu! lol ;)

Silverback

Upgraded the home WIFI setup. Picked up a whole home mesh network setup. Its the Google WIFI, I bought the 3 pack and then added a 4th. I'm pretty impressed. Great coverage over the whole place. Speeds are within a percentage of the old setup (when it was working). But so far so good. Nice that its a single SID across the whole house and garage.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Upgraded the home WIFI setup. Picked up a whole home mesh network setup. Its the Google WIFI, I bought the 3 pack and then added a 4th. I'm pretty impressed. Great coverage over the whole place. Speeds are within a percentage of the old setup (when it was working). But so far so good. Nice that its a single SID across the whole house and garage.
Good to know. I've been wondering if those were any good. I'll have to replace my Apple wifi routers when they eventually die. Sucks that Apple stopped making them because it was one of their best products.

CowboyTaco

I put a Ubiquiti access point on the other end of our house that broadcasts the same SSID because my ASUS router (which is good) didn't reach the other end of the house. I can get signal on the other end of the acre, but not the other side of the house...go figure.

https://www.amazon.com/Ubiquiti-Networks-Enterprise-AP-Unifi/dp/B00HXT8R2O

To do it over, I would probably just have put 2 of these in for a lot less than what I spent. Although, the ASUS router does allow me to VPN back into my own network if I need to pull pictures off my NAS. The one I posted the link to only does 802.11b/g/n. You can spend a few dollars more and get the latest version, but I figured b/g/n was sufficient for my use.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
I found a DIY YouTube to help around the house

25EB22DC-53F1-4B38-B674-E6995802B70B.jpeg

Taco Loco

An oxy acetylene torch is what you need.

Speaking of welding gases, what if you just ran 100% argon into the holes? It's denser than air so it wont rise out of the holes, and suffocate them out.

Some folks have flexible exhaust pipes that they use from a truck or mower exhaust, it works best if the soil is moist, lots of sand and no ocean out here.

CowboyTaco

Does making a base for a European mount count as home improvement?

This was my first trophy at probably 12 years old. It's been damaged several times and the original base is nowhere to be found.

IMG_20180307_201629.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180307_201629.jpg
    IMG_20180307_201629.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 10

Taco Loco

Isn't exhaust lighter than air though? I would think argon would work better being so much denser

Lots of variables; temperature, humidity, elevation etc..
Hot water heaters are required to elevated in houses, and there are those times I poured gas on burn piles...And it ignited 10ft before I got to the piles, most of the time gas flumes are heavier than air, actually 80% nitrogen
And your using your exhaust flumes to pressurize fumes into a pocket gopher tunnel network is priceless.

Oswego

n00b
Lots of variables; temperature, humidity, elevation etc..
Hot water heaters are required to elevated in houses, and there are those times I poured gas on burn piles...And it ignited 10ft before I got to the piles, most of the time gas flumes are heavier than air, actually 80% nitrogen
And your using your exhaust flumes to pressurize fumes into a pocket gopher tunnel network is priceless.

I ran my hose down their main entrance last year trying to drown them out. Had my best brass nozzle on it. I pushed it down too far, ground collapsed around it, and I lost 5' of hose + my fav nozzle. I was outside last week and I had one get chased by another until the one being chased literally ran into my leg. Pretty sure I removed the one being chased later in the day - waiting till the snow melts to look for the carcass. This spring I'm going to have to ramp up my game as they have taken over my backyard.

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
Got the chains for my Stihl sharpened and new air filter. There are some limbs and trees down in the yard at the deer lease. Going up this weekend so needed to make sure the saw was in order.

Silverback

We "had" this overgrown rose bush (8' tall.. 6' in diameter) in the front yard near the corner of the garage and the sidewalk... right by where you get out of the car and try to walk on the sidewalk. I wanted to use my neighbors pole chain saw to get down in and cut it back but he was out of town so I used my Echo hedge trimmer and it did great for the smaller (1" or less branches). I went Edward Scissorhands on it. The debris seriously filled the bed of my 81 longbed Yota. Its now 6 or 7 2" sticks sticking out the ground about 2' tall. Ended up using a Milwaukee 18v SawZAll with a pruning blade to get the really thick stuff. I hate that thing. I'm sure it will grow back even crazier than what it was. I need to purchase a chainsaw.

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
My Stihl MS170 has been great and at $180 its a bargain. I wish I had the need for a bigger saw. I would love an Echo Timber Wolf or Stihl Farm Boss.

achirdo

2WD FTW
My Stihl MS170 has been great and at $180 its a bargain. I wish I had the need for a bigger saw. I would love an Echo Timber Wolf or Stihl Farm Boss.
I've got a shitty electric Remington hand me down. I curse that thing every time I use it. Can't make it 10 min without the blade wanting to fall off