Video Game Dorks

AlienXtx

Nignog
They should ditch it, it's fucking garbage.

balakay

BabyMax
Not sure about other platforms but Steam currently has all of the Fallout games on sale. I picked up the whole franchise bundle for $55 last night so I could play the ones I haven’t played yet. If you don’t want the whole bundle, the individual games are $5-10 each.

AlienXtx

Nignog
They are free on Ps5 and X-box if you have the pass.
Where you able to get 1 and 2 and tactics?
I have them all, but no way to play the original PC games anymore lol

balakay

BabyMax
They are free on Ps5 and X-box if you have the pass.
Where you able to get 1 and 2 and tactics?
I have them all, but no way to play the original PC games anymore lol
Yep, all of them.
IMG_2710.jpeg

balakay

BabyMax
Sucks that none of them support 21:9 resolutions. Apparently it’s getting released for F4 on the 25th of this month. But the rest are not going to be supported. I need to pick up a cheap 1080p monitor to have for when I want to play older games.

balakay

BabyMax
Ordered an Acer 27” 1080p monitor. I’ll replace my 4k monitor with it and either sell the 4k or use it as a standalone monitor for my work laptop at the house. My 4k is only used as a second monitor in the portrait layout anyway and having such a high resolution makes most things too small to really be useful. Having a real monitor for my work laptop will make it much nicer when I have to WFH.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I'm running 2 28" 4K Samsung monitors. Haven't had any issues with games not being displayed correctly. I've been running most new games in default screen resolution if they support it. But even some old games that run in 1080P don't look bad or skewed.

AlienXtx

Nignog

balakay

BabyMax
I'm running 2 28" 4K Samsung monitors. Haven't had any issues with games not being displayed correctly. I've been running most new games in default screen resolution if they support it. But even some old games that run in 1080P don't look bad or skewed.
That’s what my 4k is. 28” Samsung. But that’s not my main monitor I’m trying to play on. I have a 34” Acer 3440x1440 Ultrawide (21:9 ratio). I tried running some games in 16:9 and just have bars in the sides but they seem to crash for some reason. They work in 1080p but look like hot doodoo unless I play windowed and I can’t stand playing in windowed mode.

AlienXtx

Nignog
Got my pre-order in on this one. It should be good if it's anything like Assassins creeds graphics and game play.

SecretSquirrel

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Staff member
Enjoy the re-education the storyline will try to do to you...

AlienXtx

Nignog
Enjoy the re-education the storyline will try to do to you...
I've learned to ignore that bs. You have too if you wanna play any game that came out in the past 5 years or so. Just like anything on TV or in theaters

AlienXtx

Nignog
On another note....
I've got damn near 1500 hours in on Fallout 4 and this is the 1st time I've seen this guy. Also ran into a dude in a chef hat named Grisle for the 1st time that attacked me on site. All he had on him was a shopping list lol
20240422_171944.jpg

Silverback

1500 hours!!! That is damn near a full time.

AlienXtx

Nignog

AlienXtx

Nignog
Screenshot_20240425_092441_Facebook.jpg

AlienXtx

Nignog

Silverback

balakay

BabyMax
Started building this last night for @RichardB23. Was a nice, smooth build until we realized we didn’t have the right mounting brackets for the CPU cooler. Have a new one on order and will get it installed and cabling done in the next few days. This is going to be a nice machine. Really liking this case and may get the same one in black to replace mine since one of my intake fans shit out in me and they’re non-replaceable.

Montech King 95 Case
Gigabyte B650 Gaming X Motherboard
AMD 7800x3D CPU
ASRock 7800XT GPU
32gb DDR5 RAM
2TB Samsung 90 Pro SSD
Corsair 850w 80+ Gold PSU
NZXT 140mm fans

IMG_2753.jpeg