Black 84 "No Name"

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Midweek progress has most of the cab cage welds done. Just a few spots where the kit did not fit real well need second passes.

tx_shooter

Staff member
Progress pic. Welding this roll cage up while it is inside the cab is not without challenges. I am glad when I get ready to do my 4Runner the cage slides out.

@Boomtacoma01 adjusted the steering wheel for you. Tires are straight now.

20180308_211339.jpg

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Just pull that steering wheel and burn it.

tx_shooter

Staff member
The hardest part welding the roll cage together is where the tubes have significant gaps. You can tell it was cut off a jig and predetermined numbers but it was not fitted together. Everything fits but not tight like it was hand made. It is hard to complain for the cost of the kit though.

achirdo

2WD FTW
The hardest part welding the roll cage together is where the tubes have significant gaps. You can tell it was cut off a jig and predetermined numbers but it was not fitted together. Everything fits but not tight like it was hand made. It is hard to complain for the cost of the kit though.
Welding gaps on thin wall pipe sucks.

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
Fail at steering wheel adjustment...

Silverback

talk to me about the orange tabs on the back. Not recovery points correct?

balakay

BabyMax

They are. But that's not even the bad part. You should see the MAYBE 1" of absolute birdshit attaching that piece of angle to the frame of the truck.

fsbrain03

They are meant to be recovery points. They are the front Factory recovery points from my old Tacoma.

I have recovered 1 FJ with them so far. We are going to make that a little stronger while it’s all apart too.

tx_shooter

Staff member
The look of a surgeon! :)

That was part of the deal - I weld but he has to do all the cutting on the body. So far it has worked out really well.

They are. But that's not even the bad part. You should see the MAYBE 1" of absolute birdshit attaching that piece of angle to the frame of the truck.

That is being resolved. I have list of all the boogers and am going to try to fix them. We were laughing at one of the slider legs today actually. In the entire leg is held on to the frame plate with maybe 2" of boogers. That is going to be fixed.

Silverback

Do the world a favor.. cut them off before someone gets killed.

Silverback

Well, again please do not use them as a recovery point (not that he would need it) they look sketchy as fuck.